FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson Takes a 50% Take Cut!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Well will ya look at that LTH. Someone (unlike you) that can admit they were wrong.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:03 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
well....i really don't regard public speaking as a requirement of holding
office. flint has had several "educated" mayors over the years.
i live on the south east side. DPW does a great job here. i might suggest
a good block club helps. i now see your true colors with that "ex-felon"
comment. regardless of what he does you'll always find fault. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

regarding the houses and yards in any particular area, how did any
mayor become responsible for that? i edge my lawn and cut my grass.
i pick up trash and call the city about junk cars. my house is worth more
than it was 40 years ago. Wink

You must have missed some of the Mayor's campaigns. He sends out people to clean up yards and to triming. He's even had County Inmates out doing clean ups. Sometimes it is legitamate cleanups. But, not all of them ahve been exactly legal. But, you'll never get anyone in government to do anything about it. If we tried to get jail inmates do yard work for us, the sheriff would laugh us out of the office.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
interesting. i personally support close to 95% of ryans posts and comments.
he lives in flint. he supports flint. he can see positive changes in flint
which surprises me because of his age. there are people out there who
keep a positive feeling about life, also, there is no supreme commander
on this site to lambast anyone because they feel differently. now we do
get into many VERY LIVELY discussions and thats what makes this site
so much damn fun, but you nor anyone else has dictorial rights. Cool Cool

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thank You Twotap, I know I know I am the only michael moore supporter left in Flint. Don't hate me because of that. lol

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
As a new Flint Talk person I find Ryan Eashoo to be a breathe of fresh air, he is young and has a good perspective on things.

Great article in the Journal also (well excluding the part about Michael Moore) Shocked Wink

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

well opinionated..i guess i'm just tired of all the negativity that has
fomented for years and years. peace... Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

hey ted, can you get the inmates to come in my neighborhood and
cut some grass?? we don't have a problem with it!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:43 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

yes, i understand, last time. i hate negativity, too. i'm just incredibly realistic, that's all. do you think my little signature should say "flint's biggest realist" instead?

hey ted, i gotta side with last time on this one - i'll bet inmated would come cut my lawn if they were forced to. of course, looking at my lawn, you'd have to done something pretty bad to be thrown in jail and then forced to cut my lawn!

Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My comments in bold

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
how did the don win the election? it’s called money. Idea the ex-felon has plenty of it. he used it to his campaigning advantage. Twisted Evil

Counting the money the Democratic Party spent, Walling's campaign was more expensive.

also, a lot of people don’t know what he’s really like. just talk to the old geezer. that’s all - talk to him. literally. have you really, honestly, ever spoke with him? conversed with him? i have. several times. if you ever converse with him, it should take you about 30 seconds to realize his education seems to have stopped just shy of the third grade. of course, compared to Woodrow, he looks good, but he puts up a good facade.

Big words don't mean much. I've listened to well educated people speak for an hour and not say a thing.

i’m not a kat that just “comes into town to make a check then run back out.” i live here. i work here. probably longer than most. i’m speaking from experience, not from a lack of knowledge or gossip from other unsatisfied or ill-advised individuals, about where money in flint is spent (where exactly is it spent). not on my roads, that's for sure.

I'm 66, lived in Flint all my life. Grew up on Dartmouth between King & Mason. Been in my present home since 68. Worked at what used to be Buick for 40 years

dave, you had that nice story about your wife. heart-wrenching, sad, and told very delicately and beautifully. i feel for you, and grew to empathize and really like and commend you (and i still do, by the way), but i immensely disagree with you about the mayor. i work downtown and live in the city neighborhoods. they are NOT getting better. not where i live anyhow.

streets are paved and people are taking better care of their yards? a more visible police presence? huh? Shocked this is certainly not the case in MY neighborhood, as many (if not all) my neighbors can tell you. i won’t deny that’s your observation, but where exactly do you live? you can honestly say that after living in flint all these years? come on, dave, you know flint history. you're gonna tell me that after thinking back when flint was fairly nice, it's in better shape NOW? Surprised

i grew up in the north end, mainly in the 60’s and 70’s. you think those houses and yards are in better shape now than 30 years ago? what about in the south and east ends? like i said i don’t know where you live in flint, but i’ll be moving there soon!

I live between Dayton & Hamilton, just west of Chevrolet. Streets are paved. People on our block are doing a lot better job of maintaining their yards than in the past, and the effort's slowly spreading to other blocks in the area. I remember the "old" Flint, when downtown was booming and you could go somewhere & leave your doors unlocked. Sad to say, those days are gone and won't be back. Flint has gone downhill, but it's starting to come back. Pick some neighborhoods at random and drive through the same ones once a month. You'll see gradual improvement. It's slow, but it's happening.

Yeah, Williamson is a bit crude, but he's getting things done.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen Dave!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
My comments in bold

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
how did the don win the election? it’s called money. Idea the ex-felon has plenty of it. he used it to his campaigning advantage. Twisted Evil

Counting the money the Democratic Party spent, Walling's campaign was more expensive.

also, a lot of people don’t know what he’s really like. just talk to the old geezer. that’s all - talk to him. literally. have you really, honestly, ever spoke with him? conversed with him? i have. several times. if you ever converse with him, it should take you about 30 seconds to realize his education seems to have stopped just shy of the third grade. of course, compared to Woodrow, he looks good, but he puts up a good facade.

Big words don't mean much. I've listened to well educated people speak for an hour and not say a thing.

i’m not a kat that just “comes into town to make a check then run back out.” i live here. i work here. probably longer than most. i’m speaking from experience, not from a lack of knowledge or gossip from other unsatisfied or ill-advised individuals, about where money in flint is spent (where exactly is it spent). not on my roads, that's for sure.

I'm 66, lived in Flint all my life. Grew up on Dartmouth between King & Mason. Been in my present home since 68. Worked at what used to be Buick for 40 years

dave, you had that nice story about your wife. heart-wrenching, sad, and told very delicately and beautifully. i feel for you, and grew to empathize and really like and commend you (and i still do, by the way), but i immensely disagree with you about the mayor. i work downtown and live in the city neighborhoods. they are NOT getting better. not where i live anyhow.

streets are paved and people are taking better care of their yards? a more visible police presence? huh? Shocked this is certainly not the case in MY neighborhood, as many (if not all) my neighbors can tell you. i won’t deny that’s your observation, but where exactly do you live? you can honestly say that after living in flint all these years? come on, dave, you know flint history. you're gonna tell me that after thinking back when flint was fairly nice, it's in better shape NOW? Surprised

i grew up in the north end, mainly in the 60’s and 70’s. you think those houses and yards are in better shape now than 30 years ago? what about in the south and east ends? like i said i don’t know where you live in flint, but i’ll be moving there soon!

I live between Dayton & Hamilton, just west of Chevrolet. Streets are paved. People on our block are doing a lot better job of maintaining their yards than in the past, and the effort's slowly spreading to other blocks in the area. I remember the "old" Flint, when downtown was booming and you could go somewhere & leave your doors unlocked. Sad to say, those days are gone and won't be back. Flint has gone downhill, but it's starting to come back. Pick some neighborhoods at random and drive through the same ones once a month. You'll see gradual improvement. It's slow, but it's happening.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:

What kills me is how people are so excited over the Mayor taking credit for so many things that he didn't do. That are positive that they've been done. BUT HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH them getting done. Then the things that he is actually responsible for that is negative. They ignore!

What has the Mayor actually done that he is responsible for? Of all the streets paved in the last four years. The Mayor has in the last year at been involved in the planning of the spending of State money for streets in the last year. He is responsible for spending almost a quarter million more for garbage trucks from a source outside the city. They Mayor singlehandedly dispruted police response to crime creating an environment in Flint where crime doubled in just three years! Now, he has finally fixed that probelm and opened the city jail which has cut crime almost 60 percent in the last year. But we are still no where near the level it was when he took over.

The mayor singlehandedly caused millions in Lawsuits against the city for illegal firings, illegally withholding building permits so Flint development could move forward. Illegally extorting money from developers in the City. Refusing to give permits unless they pay him 180,000. Its' still in the courts! Refusing to pay the sewer judgements causing the bills to continue to rise every month. When we could have settled it years ago for well under half what the courts awarded them. The Mayor violated campaign laws using city employees to fix up a park for his wife's campaign party.

i'm all for looking at the good and the positive. His idea of the Impound lot I still say is a god idea. But, it is wrong to violate zoning ordinance just to have an impound lot. He's the Mayor. Just have the zoning changed so it is legal. If anyone should be held to the letter of the Law. It's our elected officials who are sworn to uphold it! instead we let them violate and give them the priveldge of not having to follow or obey the same laws that we have.

[/code]
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Ted, there's a new horizon. Same mayor for four more years, and big changes in city council, and a new city administrator who I've got great faith will help to work out some of the problems this city faces. That includes helping to settle outstanding lawsuits and hopefully preventing more from happening.

You say you're all for looking at the good and the positive. Let's all look for it to happen in the months and years to come, sooner rather than later. Smile
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:20 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

We had big changes in City council last time around. And it created more caos. This next Council Election is going to again bring some changes. Daryl becoming City Administrator is a good thing. I'm hopeful. But that hope doesn't go very very given our Mayor's track record for listening to people in his staff. He doesn't! So while I'm sure there are many things that were not getting done before, will now get done. That doesn't mean Daryl will be able to slow down the Mayor's affliction for creating lawsuit's. BUt other things will begin to get done.

As far as Council: we are looking City Council in the short term being able to appoint someone that will have the same mind set as the majority. Which will give them not only veto power. But, also possibly be able to finally remove him from office because of Charter violations. Just pick one. He's violated so many different sections fo the charter. It will be easy to finally rid the City of this menance!
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
As far as Council: we are looking City Council in the short term being able to appoint someone that will have the same mind set as the majority. Which will give them not only veto power. But, also possibly be able to finally remove him from office because of Charter violations. Just pick one. He's violated so many different sections fo the charter. It will be easy to finally rid the City of this menance!
Ted, please show me where in the charter you believe city council can remove the mayor from office. Such a move would be governed by a recall election as was done with Woodrow Stanley. If this be the plan so soon after his re-election, then I think you'll see voters upset enough to petition for recall of those council members themselves.

I don't like sounding like a broken record, but starting out with a negative mindset is sure to bring negative results.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:11 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Ted, I agree with you. I don't think you have a negative mindset at all, just being realistic. looking at any situation how it really is, will allow you to bring positive results, not negative ones. if you really want to see, hear, and get a negative overall feeling, listen to the mayor. what does he look like when he smiles? I don't remember the last time I saw him smile!

you're right again ted, the Mayor is taking credit for so many things that he had nothing to do with. once again, ill-informed citizens need to go to city hall and meet this man. Let him try to not give you the time of day just once. By the third time, you’ll be put off by him, too. It seems with his money came attitude.

dave, thanks for your comments. I can sincerely appreciate and agree with your opinions and feelings. You’ve got me by 21 years, so I definitely respect your experience. Having said that and not wanting to get caught up in all the bureaucracy here, how do you know about Walling's campaign being more expensive than Williamson’s? I’ve looked online and tried several resources, but did not find that. It’s true that big words don't mean much and I agree that well-educated people could speak for hours and not say anything. But Williamson speaks for hours with little words and still says nothing. I’d rather have an educated man saying nothing that one who seems to me to know very little….and say nothing.

I remember Dartmouth/King/Mason area and know the Dayton/Hamilton/Chevrolet very well, too. grew up in the north end. My father also worked at Buick for nearly 40 years. retired in ’94. Your area was a LOT better 30, even 20 years ago than now, dave, who are you kidding? Come on that’s an easy one! And at the risk of stating the obvious, there HAS to be a more visible police presence these days. there’s a lot more crime (okay, so i just stated the obvious)!

So you DO remember the old Flint, when downtown was booming and you could go somewhere & leave your doors unlocked? Me too. You also admit that, sad as it is, those days are gone and won't be back, and that Flint has gone downhill. So aren’t we in agreement, then? isn’t that what we’re saying, too? That’s certainly what i’ve been saying. gradual improvement over what? Over the downhill part? A little bit better than horrible is still not so good. Williamson is a bit crude? Okay, i’ll buy that. I guess that means he’s rudimentary and unsophisticated, right? I’ll go along with you on that! I’m positive that flint can be lead by a positive and good leader. But he’s not the one.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:22 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Want to return to the days of professional politicians, all talk & no action?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

"Return"? It's never changed. All talk still, just not very eloquent from our felonious mayor.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: