FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson Takes a 50% Take Cut!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

interesting. i personally support close to 95% of ryans posts and comments.
he lives in flint. he supports flint. he can see positive changes in flint
which surprises me because of his age. there are people out there who
keep a positive feeling about life, also, there is no supreme commander
on this site to lambast anyone because they feel differently. now we do
get into many VERY LIVELY discussions and thats what makes this site
so much damn fun, but you nor anyone else has dictorial rights. Cool Cool

Last edited by last time here on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya and for some unknown reason he always posts in bold type. Confused Laughing Laughing and not only that but he thinks Bush is running for president again.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 pm 
greengal5874
F L I N T O I D

As a new Flint Talk person I find Ryan Eashoo to be a breathe of fresh air, he is young and has a good perspective on things.

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
I have nothing against Mayor Williamson, as a matter of fact, I think he's doing twice as much as the last two mayors have done to "help" Flint.

That being said, I think Mr Eashoo should take a step back as his blatent support, promoting, and inflating of the mayor is a wee bit... well... Blatent.

btw... I've been active on these forums now for less that 24 hours and I can see this, I am suprised more active, long term, forum members have not pointed this out.

I realize Flint has some cash, where do I sign up to soak up some of it by spamming local forums??? I'd like to get some of my $64/year I pay in income tax to the city back...

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:11 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
greengal5874 schreef:
As a new Flint Talk person I find Ryan Eashoo to be a breathe of fresh air, he is young and has a good perspective on things.

Well thats three or four folks now who've said I got the wrong impression. I have always been very quick to judge and usually I'm spot on.. maybe I'm wrong, time will tell. If so, you will find a full apology from me on these boards.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:25 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Opprimo schreef:
I have nothing against Mayor Williamson, as a matter of fact, I think he's doing twice as much as the last two mayors have done to "help" Flint.

Twice as much? The last two mayors haven't done ANYTHING to "help" Flint! So two times 0 is still zero! Sorry, Opprimo, I have to give big fat Don a big fat zero on this one!

Opprimo, I have to say I agree totally with you on the issue of “Flint road conditions.” I found myself agreeing with every single word on your earlier post. You were hitting the nail on the head. With every word. On a roll.

Now I'm confused weather you think Williamson is good for Flint or not. I live in Flint and drive downtown (work there, too) everyday. I see it. I'm a part of it. But I will never give credit to where it ISN'T due - Don Williamson. Why can’t more people see through him (other than the obvious - hey, I didn’t say it)?

I loved what you said: "I don’t have any 'road' issues until reaching Flint city limits..." and "....but driving to work every day I see the roads are iced, snow covered, pot holed...."

As you said, Williamson paved the 11 downtown blocks, which as you pointed out, were horridly overdue for maintenance. Great -11 blocks. That none of us live by. And if anyone out there says they live by downtown, I’d like to know how close and…uh…WHY? The Mayor needs to start looking out for residents in Flint who live out of the downtown area. Our roads suck. Come on over to my area. I'm sure if he drove that big, black "Williamson" van on it once in awhile, he have it both paved and plowed right away! And I'm not looking for reasons to knock the guy. I wish I could find the good in the city services he provides me. But I can't.

Opprimo,I also like what I hear you saying. You seem very candid and open. You say you're quick to judge, but you also admit you're quick to judge (no, you did not read that wrong).
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:33 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

[quote=Opinionated]

quote:
:
*snip* not for contest but for space

I am a lifelong resident of Genesee County, but have only been working inside the city of flint (Downtown) for 5years or so. So my personal observations on the city from within only go back that far. I take the rest of my information from reading and from those who've spend their lives in the city (at the courthouses, businesses etc.) I've yet to speak to anyone who had a positive opinion of the previous mayor.

I guess my opinion on DW himself is sort of varied. He is doing things in Flint. That is a fact. I see it, the papers report it, and people talk about it. Now enter the analogy: Brand new windshield wipers on a rusted out 1955 Cadillac does not make it a classic. Although any step towards the positive is a good step. Concentrating time, resources, and fights for a few "highly visible" changes sort of reek of political pandering. Obviously those roads needed fixed... heck most of them do. But I just don't think thats enough to declare him the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:07 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

What, by the way, was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?

Opprimo, I agree with Opinionated on this one. You make some valid and excellent points. By the eay, I loved your analogy about the 1955 Cadillac (why did you pick 1955). I try to limit my posts to the funny subjects (and all my "Comedy On Tap" topics), but this one begged my opinion.

I see that you're fairly new here, so let me tell you how I feel about DW. He's a far cry from sliced or any OTHER kind of bread, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the Pillsbury Doughboy, but that's as far as a bread analogy as I can make. Your comment about him concentrating time, resources, and fights for a few "highly visible" changes sort of reek of political pandering is an excellent one.

I agree with Opinionated in that the mayor is, well, not much of a mayor. As 00SL2 can tell you, I have a rather personal reason why. He's too cheap and non-empathetic to want to pay Flint residents with a sewage backup over 7 years ago, even though the courts, judges, and laws have proved him (well, the city) negligent. DW wasn't mayor at the time of the backups (plural), but is adamant on appealing the decisions to higher courts, costing the city literally thousands of dollars a day in interest and legal fees. As I mentioned previously, he's losing not only money for the city, but thousands of possible local supporters.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Great article in the Journal also (well excluding the part about Michael Moore) Shocked Wink

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:46 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

i think it was the toaster oven. remember jiffy pop popcorn? i love all the old things-the new things suck!

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
What, by the way, was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:43 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I just stated a fact thats all, you can't argue the fact that Mayor Williamson is making 50% less this year than he did last year!! Smile

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

well. a 55 caddy is indeed a classic!!!
there are quite a few more new roads done than merely downtown.
how do you think he won the election? citizens are happy
with what they've seen in various neighborhoods. you kats
that come into town to make a check then run right back out
have no idea whats being done so naturally, you complain
out of a lack of knowledge or "gossip" from another unsatisfied
and ill-advised individual.

if that 55 caddy has a good frame and reasonable sheet metal
IT'S CLASSIC!! Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

uhhhhh, although i'd rather have 2taps nova!! Shocked Shocked

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:03 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I keep reading about people driving into downtown, working downtown, etc. There's a lot more to Flint than downtown, folks. The neighborhoods are getting better. I drive through some of them every day and can see the improvements. Streets are paved, people are taking better care of their yards, there's a more visible police presence.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

how did the don win the election? it’s called money. Idea the ex-felon has plenty of it. he used it to his campaigning advantage. Twisted Evil

also, a lot of people don’t know what he’s really like. just talk to the old geezer. that’s all - talk to him. literally. have you really, honestly, ever spoke with him? conversed with him? i have. several times. if you ever converse with him, it should take you about 30 seconds to realize his education seems to have stopped just shy of the third grade. of course, compared to Woodrow, he looks good, but he puts up a good facade.

i’m not a kat that just “comes into town to make a check then run back out.” i live here. i work here. probably longer than most. i’m speaking from experience, not from a lack of knowledge or gossip from other unsatisfied or ill-advised individuals, about where money in flint is spent (where exactly is it spent). not on my roads, that's for sure.

dave, you had that nice story about your wife. heart-wrenching, sad, and told very delicately and beautifully. i feel for you, and grew to empathize and really like and commend you (and i still do, by the way), but i immensely disagree with you about the mayor. i work downtown and live in the city neighborhoods. they are NOT getting better. not where i live anyhow.

streets are paved and people are taking better care of their yards? a more visible police presence? huh? Shocked this is certainly not the case in MY neighborhood, as many (if not all) my neighbors can tell you. i won’t deny that’s your observation, but where exactly do you live? you can honestly say that after living in flint all these years? come on, dave, you know flint history. you're gonna tell me that after thinking back when flint was fairly nice, it's in better shape NOW? Surprised

i grew up in the north end, mainly in the 60’s and 70’s. you think those houses and yards are in better shape now than 30 years ago? what about in the south and east ends? like i said i don’t know where you live in flint, but i’ll be moving there soon!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:26 pm 
last time here

well....i really don't regard public speaking as a requirement of holding
office. flint has had several "educated" mayors over the years.
i live on the south east side. DPW does a great job here. i might suggest
a good block club helps. i now see your true colors with that "ex-felon"
comment. regardless of what he does you'll always find fault. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

regarding the houses and yards in any particular area, how did any
mayor become responsible for that? i edge my lawn and cut my grass.
i pick up trash and call the city about junk cars. my house is worth more
than it was 40 years ago. Wink

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:35 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

i have to admit points well taken, last time. except for the fact that you don't regard public speaking as a requirement of holding office. really? for me, communication with the public is first and foremost. it's the #1 reason i vote for a person running for a public office job (that my taxes pay for). even if i agree 100% with their platform, i moreso need to understand them - and them me (the public voter). otherwise, what's the use?

i agree flint has had several "educated" mayors over the years. that's why i can't understand how you can compare williamson with them. i'm not sure what you consider the south-east side, but i guess i live there, too. i can assure you that DPW does not do a great job over here. you ARE right, though, in that a good block club could help.

sorry, i had to throw the "ex-felon" comment in. Not really my "true colors," though. even though we all know about his past in this forum, believe it or not a lot of people don't. and no - regardless of what he does, i will NOTalways find fault with him. he just gives me so much to find fault with!

good point, too, about how did any mayor become responsible for the houses and yards in any particular area. i got a bit carried away there, but the mayor does have (as you know) control over abandoned and boarded up houses and how they affect the look of a neighborhood. i also edge my lawn (but i refer to it as weedwacking or trimming) and cut my grass. making damn sure the grass doesn't get longer than the, what is it - 6 inches max - you're allowed. i too pick up trash, but calling the city about junk cars? over here, it's more like calling the police about cars that don't seem to belong.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: