FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson Takes a 50% Take Cut!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Gosh, some people here instead of working towards a solution to Flint's problems would rather .. about them and do nothing productive.

That's pretty ironic (if not hypocritical) coming from someone with an avatar flashing "liar" about our president.

Sure sounds like bitching to me.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:18 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Quoting Mark Bonto: As my friend Bob Leonard said to me, "He (Williamson) could've paid you guys right away and looked like a hero. Done something that the previous administrations didn't do."

00SL2 Response: Maybe look like a hero at that time to those plaintiffs, but to others, only "costing us more in lawsuits under Williamson." So, damned when he does, and damned when he doesn't. One way or another, Williamson's administration will be the one to bring this matter to a conclusion. Will you give credit when it is done, and rightfully place blame on all previous administrations involved for not doing so as well? I'm sure all parties will be relieved when it's over.

Flint's sewer system is old and disintegrating, should be repaired and replaced as and when problems arise.

About your TV show, when and where? I like to watch Bob Leonard's show and the city council meetings.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:00 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan,

Things cannot get done at city hall due to all of the backdoor deals that take place.

People get fired for theft and drinking or doing drugs and a week later they are back working because the mayor and Sam Muma do a wink-wink and handshake deal.

The only interest the mayor has is smoking his More's in his office and stuffing his fat face at a luncheon for some pastor's group at city hall on the taxpayers dollar.

I work for the city and see the stuff that the citizens and gnereal public do not. If they did have this knowledge there would be a recall!

Sounds like this guy may know what hes talking about. Nothing like firsthand knowledge VS speculation from outsiders. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:30 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

00SL2,

I think Williamson would look like a hero to everyone who knows about this case. Everyone looking on, weather they benefit from the compensation or not, will look at him like he’s not just brushing this under the rug (is that even an expression) and leaving it for the next administration.

The mayor would finally agree to pay what people are rightly and lawfully deserved. He would look, to everyone, like someone who finally “stepped up and did the right thing” and forgot about the blame game. Let’s put this issue to bed. We’ve been waiting for compensation to clean sewage out of our basements for almost eight years now. You ever see raw sewage floating by where you keep your babies mementos? Not something you’d like to remember during lunch. Or anytime. You know, Williamson doesn’t live that far from me at all. Could’ve easily happened to him. Let him live with it for a day. A week. Even a year. I think over time he wouldn’t care who was originally was to blame - if he can fix it now, he'd do it!

Will I give credit when it’s done, and rightfully place blame on all previous administrations involved for not doing so, as well? You’re right - all parties will be relieved when it's finally over. But when exactly would it finally be “over” or “done”? Somehow I don’t think what happened, and the fact that the city fought us tooth and nail on it, will be forgot for a long time. Believe me, you wouldn’t, either. To answer the question, though - no. I don’t think I will give credit to the city for appealing this case until they finally lost. When it's finally "over" they won't have an option to pay damages or not. They wouldn't pay, if they didn't have to (by court ruling). Why should I give them credit for that? But please hear me on this - I blame the previous administrations much more than this. They’re the ones who originally stuck their heads in the sand and said it was an “act of God.” Told us it was a “one-hundred year flood.” Imagine, God acting and a flood that’s only supposed to occur once every 100 years, actually happening twice in 7 months! Wow! That doesn’t count the other 9 plaintiffs from Pabst - I don’t know much about that one.

Yes, absolutely - Flint's sewer system is old and disintegrating and should be repaired and replaced as problems arise.

About my show: I knew you weren’t bad, 00SL2 - you're coming around! Take a look at the “Comedy On Tap” Sub-Forum here on Flinttalk. Also, my website below. My show is on (in this area) Thursdays at 8pm and Fridays at 10:30pm. Channels 17 and 916 (soon to be only 916). Yes, Bob Leonard's show is interesting and the city council meetings are taped by my good buddy Paul Herring.

That reminds me - maybe I need to start a new topic: Cable access is moving to the higher, digitized channels in this area. Are you aware of what's going on? That means no more council meetings unless we (the Producers Association) take action (which we’ve started). Any thoughts on this?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Cable access is moving to the higher, digitized channels in this area. Are you aware of what's going on? That means no more council meetings unless we (the Producers Association) take action (which we’ve started). Any thoughts on this?
Oh, yeah! See this thread: http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=5628
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:50 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Yes - great thread! I'll respond more to it in a few. Paul, Ted, and myself were the only ones at the meeting (except for Scott) last Thursday. We've got to have a solution! Anything Flint can do - fortunately, I have lots of really good options, but many others don't.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Sounds like this guy may know what hes talking about. Nothing like firsthand knowledge VS speculation from outsiders. Laughing Laughing

Whatever happened to the Mole? Haven't heard from him since the election. He always had some good inside info too.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 pm 
last time here

probably fired. Shocked

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:28 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Josh Freeman, what was the term of your service on the city council, dates please? There were two suits filed, one by Yeotis and one by Tom Pabst. I'm not arguing the validity of the lawsuits but I am interested in the course of events. As I expressed in previous post--more importantly, has the city now corrected the physical condition of the sewers that caused the damage?

I was on Council from July 2004 until November 2005..... To my knowledge, there hasn't been any fix to the problem.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Great job, Josh. I think the city did fix the problem, though. Hey, I haven't had a sewage backup in 6 years - they're on a roll!
Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:50 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

FC lets be honest here, Mayor Williamson is like Pope John Paul compared to George W. Bush! lol

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Gosh, some people here instead of working towards a solution to Flint's problems would rather .. about them and do nothing productive.

That's pretty ironic (if not hypocritical) coming from someone with an avatar flashing "liar" about our president.

Sure sounds like bitching to me.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I heard he got fired!

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
twotap schreef:

Whatever happened to the Mole? Haven't heard from him since the election. He always had some good inside info too.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

i think he did last time here! Sad poor guy.

quote:
last time here schreef:
probably fired. Shocked

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

I have nothing against Mayor Williamson, as a matter of fact, I think he's doing twice as much as the last two mayors have done to "help" Flint.

That being said, I think Mr Eashoo should take a step back as his blatent support, promoting, and inflating of the mayor is a wee bit... well... Blatent.

btw... I've been active on these forums now for less that 24 hours and I can see this, I am suprised more active, long term, forum members have not pointed this out.

I realize Flint has some cash, where do I sign up to soak up some of it by spamming local forums??? I'd like to get some of my $64/year I pay in income tax to the city back...

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
btw... I've been active on these forums now for less that 24 hours and I can see this, I am suprised more active, long term, forum members have not pointed this out.

Welcome, Opprimo.

What us longer timers have found out about Ryan is that, first, his 2 cents worth is rarely worth that. Second, beating him over the head with facts has no effect on his propaganda. Rarely will he engage in discussion of any consequence.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:47 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: