FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A Toast to Mayor Williamson!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
*snip*
So I want take this oppurtunity to THANK Mayor Williamson for improving the condition of Flint roads while out county roads crumble. *snip*

Lets give credit when credit is due!

Where exactly are "County roads" crumbling? I realize that he paved a bunch of roads in Downtown... which I appreciate as I was sick of playing dodge-em while driving to work, but I drive from the furthest reaches of Genesee county to work in downtown and I dont have any 'road' issues untill reaching Flint city limits... I hesitate to drop to the "Flint doesn't have any winter maintenance' argument as it is too easy, but driving to work every day I see the line across the road where those "county" bumpkins stop and the city is "supposed" to take over... thats when the roads are iced, snow covered, pot holed, and god forbid you have to leave your car on the side of the road for more than an hour else it is destroyed by locals.

As far as credit where credit is due... lets get real...

Don Williamson, thank you for paving the 11downtown blocks as they were horridly overdue for maintenance and are wonderful to drive on now. I'd also like to thank him for the dumpster idea as giving the locals somewhere to toss their couch other than the next door vacant lot did help to keep Flint neighborhoods somewhat habitable appearing to those driving though.

Tossing a band-aid on a lacerated artery is not going to bring Flint back to its pre-70s greatness. Only honesty, work, and an influx of residents who actually pay taxes can do that. i fear it is too late.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Over 100 miles of streets in Flint have been paved in the last 2 years. There are still a lot of good, decent people living in Flint that are as tired of looking at the trash as you are. We finally have a mayor that's doing something about it, but it takes time to reverse years of neglect.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Oh don't get me wrong D Starr, I do know what you mean. Is Flint better today than 2, even 4 years ago? I'm not sure, but I am sure that the development downtown and over by saginaw st. IS making a positive step for the city. I know a ton of folks who live in flint as well, some who are trapped because of the housing problem (can't sell their house for near where it's worth) or whom simply refuse to be run out. The majority of law abiding decent folk however are not what gets the news, nor gets seen when driving through.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:13 am 
last time here

you gotta be kiddin", flints a HELL of a lot better than it
was 10 years ago!!!i live here.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:15 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

It's a hell of a lot better than 10 years ago? Shocked how??? Shocked luuuucy - you got some splainin' to dooooooo! Razz

quote:
last time here schreef:
you gotta be kiddin", flints a HELL of a lot better than it was 10 years ago!!!i live here.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:51 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen Dave!!!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Over 100 miles of streets in Flint have been paved in the last 2 years. There are still a lot of good, decent people living in Flint that are as tired of looking at the trash as you are. We finally have a mayor that's doing something about it, but it takes time to reverse years of neglect.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

dude...i ain't gonna go over this again. check out some
of the pre-election threads. Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:06 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Flint is a hellva lot better than it was 5 years ago!

quote:
last time here schreef:
you gotta be kiddin", flints a HELL of a lot better than it
was 10 years ago!!!i live here.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Flint paved more roads in 2006 and 2007 than any other city in michigan!This is only BECAUSE OF MAYOR DON WILLIAMSON AND BILL AYRE!! KUDOS TO BOTH OF THOSE MEN!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Flint paved more roads in 2006 and 2007 than any other city in michigan!This is only BECAUSE OF MAYOR DON WILLIAMSON AND BILL AYRE!! KUDOS TO BOTH OF THOSE MEN!

Got any sources to back up that claim?
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:40 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Aww, FC, sometimes we just have to let exaggerations of no consequence go in one ear and out the other. Laughing
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:09 pm 
last time here

man oh man..FC's gotta be getting full...of donuts!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Aww, FC, sometimes we just have to let exaggerations of no consequence go in one ear and out the other. Laughing

Sorry...I like facts. The problem with "exaggerations of no consequence" is that there are morons out there who read them and believe them and then spread them as the gospel.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:28 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

I, too, like facts. It is reasonable to say that if a statement looks suspect and you've asked for documentation and it's not provided, don't spread it. If the statement bothers you, you can always try to research it yourself and either prove or disprove it with a source of your own and post it.

"Morons" who spread unconfirmed exaggeration as "gospel" will likely be taken as such by whomever they're repeating it to. Smile
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:55 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
"Morons" who spread unconfirmed exaggeration as "gospel" will likely be taken as such by whomever they're repeating it to. Smile

We can only hope.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: