FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City is buying Genesee Towers for 6 million dollars!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
hmmm
F L I N T O I D

Let's see, so the city leaders are now committed to spending $10M (7M for the building plus 3M for demo) to create a parking lot?!?! WTF. I guess nevermind the City and Flint school system is facing huge budget shortfalls and having to close schools, or the declining tax base. Without a doubt it'll be the most expensive parking lot in the state, if not the country . Poor Flint, this type of leadership is a classic example of why so many have and will continue to leave. Oh yeah, the reason the GT building was appraised at $6M is because theres no way you can build the same building today for less than $30-$40M. It has nothing to do with how much the current owner paid. Heres a thought for the City: invest the $10M into additional repairs of the building and/or downtown attractions?? (nah, it probably makes to much sense) And you wonder why the rest of the country laughs at you??...
Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:48 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Most people are too busy crying about the condition of their own cities and states (a la New Orleans, drought in Atlanta, drought in Arizona) to worry about what's so funny about Flint.

Nice try, though.
Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Flint aint exactly paradise but you get the drift. Does this gals voice remind you of nails on a chalkboard? Shocked Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28baJIanXIw

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:22 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
We're not really going to pay that are we?

Probably not. As long as Williamson is in office he feels entitled to ignore court judgements as well as binding arbitration...
Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:45 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

It'll happen. I must say, "Hmm" you are not that informed about what is currently going on downtown or the agencies/private developers involved. What'll happen is the city will buy the building, sell it to the Land Bank, they'll use grant, Brownfield, and money from properties they own such as the Land Bank Center, demolish it and save the land for a developement.

The Land Bank and the city have already done things like this, on a smaller scale. They worked together to bring new and rehab housing bring 21 market rate homes in Carriage Town, now under construction; they worked together on the 6.2 million dollar Berridge place project, 21 condos and townhouses, plus 2 commercial spaces, now under construction; they worked together for federal and state money for the Durant, now in a joint partnership with the land bank and a Lansing developer. Also the land bank worked the GRCC to save the Great Lakes Tec Center, with new businesses such as Parking Carma and temporarily Rowe engineering; with the Land Bank Center, home to their offices, the new Crim offices, several attorney offices and seven loft apartments.

I strongly believe, no know the property will be developed into a mixed development. In downtown, vacant parking lots are being filled with development and parking garages, two examples: um Flint is building dorms on one of its parking lots and this spring DDA is building a 4 story parking deck on a parking lot in the 400 block of downtown.

One more example is Kettering University, who has broken ground and will begin construction on a 2.7 million incubatior space for research companies on a former parking lot for chevy in the hole, which part of it wil be developed into a 17 acre research park after this building is built.
Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:39 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Who was the moron that signed us up for binding arbitration? Council? Mayor? City attorney?
Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:09 pm 
last time here

well. i see pachuco chopped hmmmmmm's feet right the frick OFF!!!!

anything else hmmmmmmmmm?? Shame on you

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
well. i see pachuco chopped hmmmmmm's feet right the frick OFF!!!!

anything else hmmmmmmmmm?? Shame on you

Yeah...can ya translate that to english for an old guy?

Oh...never mind. I just read the other thread. But it still didn't answer my question.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
Who was the moron that signed us up for binding arbitration? Council? Mayor? City attorney?

The City attorney directs the legal affairs for the City.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
FlintConservative schreef:

The City attorney directs the legal affairs for the City.

And she also is in charge of American Idol parties. But do you really think it was her idea to enter into binding arbitration to buy the Towers? (IF so, she should be job hunting!)
Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 pm 
last time here

so quick to criticize..........

it's called a "calculated risk". a business move. if it doesn't work,
you proceed to plan B......watch what happens and learn.. Laughing

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:56 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
so quick to criticize..........

it's called a "calculated risk". a business move. if it doesn't work,
you proceed to plan B......watch what happens and learn.. Laughing

I understand calculated risk. I'm just asking, again, who made the call?
Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:58 pm 
last time here

come on man. who really knows??? i suggest you go to city hall
next wednesday and ask mayor williamson who made the call.

i bet $1,000.00 cash you don't show..bet?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
come on man. who really knows??? i suggest you go to city hall
next wednesday and ask mayor williamson who made the call.

i bet $1,000.00 cash you don't show..bet?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Like I could get an honest answer from The Don.

"Let me just say this here about that....I don't care who signed the deal. The fine citizens of Flint are not going to have to pay it."
Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 pm 
last time here

come on man, don't be scared. ask him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: