FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: congrats flint & sheriff !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Dave,??

Just curiouus. Any idea how many times this young man was picked up by police or had been arrestted before he did this??
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
This is all true. The lady is my wife.

Almost enough to make one believe in the death penalty.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:07 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I do believe in the Death Penality. The problem isn't with the the death penality, it's with our justice system which seems to be able to convict innocent poeple of crimes they didn't commit easier than the ones they actually committed!.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

What a sad story you and your wife have seen enough tragedy for a lifetime. I will refrain from stating what I think about the punk being back in society as I already probably have the label of mean spirited radical by some on this forum. Shocked

His parole was up a year ago. While he was in prison, his twin sister died of cancer, and his father died of an aneurysm. He couldn't attend either funeral. His mom moved to Tennessee & he's living there with her.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Dave,??

Just curiouus. Any idea how many times this young man was picked up by police or had been arrestted before he did this??

None that I know of. They lived across the street & I never saw the police there until this happened.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Almost enough to make one believe in the death penalty.

He has a cousin that looks a lot like him. About 8 months after this happened, I looked out the window & saw his cousin on their porch. For a moment or 2, I could see cross hairs on his head. Had to quit looking.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:00 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

It is unusual for that to be the first crime. Unless it's a sudden thing like a gang intiation. And the kid is pushed into it by gang pressure. But, it is interesting that you mentioned he said at 13 he was a man. But, then you don't know of any criminal activity between 13 and 17. But, anything is possible.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:44 pm 
last time here

i agree with opinionated. i'd have been on that boys ass bigtime!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

sorry dave....bad deal. i'm glad she's better now...

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:21 pm 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Well OK thats possible, show us an example of some primary prevention programs that have been proven to be successful.

Ok first off an example of primary pevention that works
... Head Start , it has been proven time and again to be effective.

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ur8ci01fIkC&pg=PA350&lpg=PA350&dq=%22primary+prevention%22+head+start&source=web&ots=xPBNVNgaSo&sig=1SqwGvUrZVCTUTzBZx2MBInbzso#PPA350,M1
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:51 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

It has taken Dave a long time to tell us (here on the board) what exactly happened....it should be noted that it took cahoneys to do that.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:21 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

After a certain age, not sure if it's 8 or 10, peers have more influence on behavior than parents. I've seen it many times; some of the sweetest little kids turning into junior grade thugs as they get older.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:21 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
It has taken Dave a long time to tell us (here on the board) what exactly happened....it should be noted that it took cahoneys to do that.

For a long time, I blamed myself. If I had got up with her that morning and went out on the porch until she left, it wouldn't have happened. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, I guess. I'm reminded every time I look at her; she looks nothing like she used to. But, life goes on.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ok first off an example of primary pevention that works
... Head Start , it has been proven time and again to be effective.

It may be the only part of LBJs great society that shows some gains. Its been around since the 60s had millions of dollars put into it I would hope it would have proven to be of some benefit however limited. Of course since the topic was criminal behavior and the programs that might prevent it taking a look at crime stats for major cities from the 60s until the present might throw a little damper on Head Starts effectiveness in preventing it.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****For a long time, I blamed myself. If I had got up with her that morning and went out on the porch until she left, it wouldn't have happened. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, I guess. I'm reminded every time I look at her; she looks nothing like she used to. But, life goes on.******

Even though she may not look the same, every time she smiles it must be a blessing to you because of the fact that she is happy and around, and you know what? I know that there were times when I thought that my world was crumbling, like when my three kids were young when I was getting only 4 hours of sleep per night for months on end, this was mental though. My husband's arms were and still are open to make me feel at ease and safe and loved.

Some men would run, after difficulties like that and that says volumes about your character and your wife is a strong woman!!!!

God Bless!!!

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:

Some men would run, after difficulties like that and that says volumes about your character and your wife is a strong woman!!!!

God Bless!!!

She's the strongest person I've ever known. When she came home from the hospital, I didn't know how she would react to living where she had almost died & told her we would move if she wanted to. She said: "I will NOT be driven from my home". So here we stay.

Running? NEVER. The very thought is beyond my comprehension.

NEVER take what you have for granted. It could be gone in an instant.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:38 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: