FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: congrats flint & sheriff !!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

i saw on the news today they rounded up some slugs on the north side.
the "pierson rd crew"? or something like that...
talk granholm into buying alcatraz and send them all away!!!!

great job people!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing THANK YOU!!

or send them to a work camp near 2taps residence!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:45 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Hopefully the next group of drug dealers will not be as bad as this one was. With no jobs and a market for illegal drugs I doubt the north end drug sales will cease.

In some countries they set up clinics for drug addicts so as to try and halt the illegal drug trade. Here we arrest the sellers, then arrest the sellers, then arrest the sellers etc along with a few buyers during the never ending cycle.

Making drugs illegal actually increases crime. People need to take a look at history and crime and see what happened during prohibition. It's the same thing all over again.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:08 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Agreed, Adam - make drugs legal. The more control we have over them, the more control we have over them! Makes sense, huh?
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Agreed, Adam - make drugs legal. The more control we have over them, the more control we have over them! Makes sense, huh?

Not to me. Users will still be doing crimes to get the money to buy them. Dealers will still be on the streets selling it cheaper than the government could. Unless you plan on giving it away at taxpayers' expense.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Can't agree with you there, Dave. You MAY be right, but I don't think so.

Think of it this way: how many people are out on the street selling home-stilled moonshine? You can homebrew more cheaply, but there's not an underground market for that.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:12 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Giving away drugs free at taxpayers expense is a swell idea. Of course with an endless supply of their drug of choice say Crack or Heroin those so inclined will be able to stay high 24-7. But than again they still have to eat, have clothes and shelter as well as heat in the winter and probably air in the summer. Transportation to and from the free pick up point and of course HEALTHCARE. Since they will most likely be unable to function as productive citizens in their drugged up condition I guess another government program giving "free" (I love that term when its used in conjunction with taxpayer funded schemes) access to the above mentioned items will be in order. Problem solved. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:33 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hmmm, where are drugs legal already? Japan, Great Britain, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. And they don't have any where near the percentage of drug addicts and drug related crimes we have in the USA!

Oh and here we go with the Jobs = crime debate. ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE FOR SUCH A THESIS. Complete misnomer or non-seqentur. (sp).

I'm now wondering how many of these thugs had a high school or college degree, that they would even be able to pass a basic skills test to get a job?

THen the Logic behind no jobs and a market for drugs. Amazing how drug users always seem to find the money to buy drugs.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Can't agree with you there, Dave. You MAY be right, but I don't think so.

Think of it this way: how many people are out on the street selling home-stilled moonshine? You can homebrew more cheaply, but there's not an underground market for that.

There is an underground market for moonshine. It's not publicized, and not nearly as widespread as drugs, but it's there.

If legalizing drugs will solve the drug problem, lets solve the "gun problem" by legalizing the ownership and open carrying of ALL firearms, including automatic weapons.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

from what i've seen chief hagler is doing a great job. why hasn't he
been named instead of "interim"??

i do believe lack of employment has something to do with crime. i've
seen it. it has to do with morale.

basic skills test?? Laughing Laughing Laughing for what jobs? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
i do believe lack of employment has something to do with crime. i've seen it. it has to do with morale.

Do you mean Morale or morality? Hmmm I have a job and My MORALE is pretty damn low! I know a lot of people who grew up with practically nothing. Never once thought of stealing from someone else to satify their own personal desires! That's called morality!

quote:
i do believe lack of employment has something to do with crime. i've seen it. it has to do with morale.

Then why over the last 15 years in Flint when Unemployment went up crime went down?

quote:
basic skills test?? for what jobs?

Just because Flint doesn't have any jobs. Doesn't mean someone with an education or even without an education has to remain here and prey on those that do have a job. If your not qualified to work at McDonalds how do you expect to get a good paying job.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

ah....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
i do believe lack of employment has something to do with crime. i've
seen it. it has to do with morale.

Do you actually think this bunch would be content working for some "chump change" job when they can knock down thousands a week illegally?

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:46 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Do you actually think this bunch would be content working for some "chump change" job when they can knock down thousands a week illegally?

Excellent point!

I'll bet they were all on the honor roll in high school too!
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 pm 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Oh and here we go with the Jobs = crime debate. ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE FOR SUCH A THESIS. Complete misnomer or non-seqentur. (sp).

Ted you already know how much I disagree with you on this point. It isn't one factor that causes crime it is many factors, one of which happens to be lack of jobs. Another one is lack of education which twotap mentioned and you agreed with.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Yes, obviously it's a very complex model, or it would be easily solved!

Even in the best of economic times, in places where there are plenty of jobs are available, there still is crime.

Poverty exacerbates it. Lack of education does too. So does lack of opportunity (dead end jobs making $5/hr). So does racism. Lack of public transportation. Lack of opportunity for constructive activities. Lack of cultural events. Lack of hope.

And it's hard to figure because often times they are moving in tandem: when there's more poverty there's fewer cultural events and less hope. Hard to isolate a variable.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: