FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How do I Find who owns a LLC?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone know how I can find out who owns a LLC? I would like to find out who owns it? What other information can I find out??

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Does anyone know how I can find out who owns a LLC? I would like to find out who owns it? What other information can I find out??

http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-35299_35413_36851---,00.html

Click on Business Entity Search.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:10 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Awesome thanks FC, do you know how I can find out who all the members of the LLC are?

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-35299_35413_36851---,00.html

Click on Business Entity Search.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Professional LLC's (Doctors, lawyers, CPAs) must attach a form showing the name/address of each member to their annual report which you can view on that web site.

I believe regular LLC's must only list a resident agent (generally a managing member). I don't believe they are required to report all members and, therefor, that info is not available.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:29 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I have access to Dun & Bradstreet if you like, which is an expensive service and much more detailed.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:38 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

What is that?

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
I have access to Dun & Bradstreet if you like, which is an expensive service and much more detailed.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

It's a company that compiles data on every company in America. Year started, employees, owners, executives, sales, yada yada yada. Pretty much anything you want to know.

Visit www.selectory.com to see what else it has. I have a login and password if you're interested.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:00 pm 
last time here

oh-oh..ryan's gettin ready to sue somebody. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes that would be awesome, my e mail is RYANEASHOO at aol dot com

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
It's a company that compiles data on every company in America. Year started, employees, owners, executives, sales, yada yada yada. Pretty much anything you want to know.

Visit www.selectory.com to see what else it has. I have a login and password if you're interested.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
It's a company that compiles data on every company in America. * * * Visit www.selectory.com to see what else it has.
Well, I just visited your link and the Dun & Bradstreet copyright in the lower left corner was enough for me. I wouldn't take anything they'd give me, not even for FREE, because you can't trust it!! I know this first hand, folks. As marketing tools they sell mailing lists and phone numbers, in fact they create business mailing lists from the white pages! When I started getting mail at home advertising services and merchandise for my business (my home phone is listed uniquely) I began contacting the sender to find out their source and request my name and home address be removed from their database. Tracked it down to D&B, contacted them and they said they'd take my name off their list. They didn't, I had to contact the attorney general's consumer complaints division. OK, so once the mail slowed down, now I'm getting phone calls from businesses and organizations advertising services for my small business and requesting me to meet with someone to join the better business bureau.

Sorry, but I now see D&B as a scam and would not recommend them to anyone. As far as their "Selectory Business Database" goes, I doubt very much that they will have any information for you that's not available to you in public records.

Same goes for the "Guidestar" listing of nonprofit corporations. They can't provide any more information than what's available to you through the IRS, because the IRS is where they get their information--unless the nonprofit wants to join Guidestar for a fee and provide them the info itself.

Ryan, contact me at the private message link on the bottom of my post. Give me the name, and I'll see what I can come up with and send you private message back. Have Demeralda check it out on Selectory, and compare our results. Smile
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, try Googling the persons name. If they are big enough check SEC records, better yet just stomp on down to the local library and check out the Dun and Bradstreet book. Librarians are wonderful resources and tend to get overlooked when we think that all of the information is available on the web...Smile

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:23 am 
last time here

if i see fabio's friggin face anymore, i'm gonna

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

lasttimehere.......muwhahahahaha!!!

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Lt I put up an avatar to help offset Fabioso. Should help to ease the pain.Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:47 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Wow your right about that, I went to the Flint Public Library in the Cultural Center and got more info that I could have imagined. We tend to forget how much of a resource our librarians still are, in this age of the internet.

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Ryan, try Googling the persons name. If they are big enough check SEC records, better yet just stomp on down to the local library and check out the Dun and Bradstreet book. Librarians are wonderful resources and tend to get overlooked when we think that all of the information is available on the web...Smile

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:30 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: