FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Comedy On Tap

Topic: Comedy On Tap
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

"Comedy On Tap" with award-winning host Mark Bonto can be seen every Thursday at 8:00pm and Friday at 10:30pm on Comcast Cablevision channel 17!
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rusty
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes even with me!
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:39 am 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

By the way, since Comcast is closing the studio, where are you filming now?

And I'm always still open for guest spots!
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:45 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Several options for my show. By the way, over time Rusty had over 100 emails that came in to the COT mailbox - they loved you! I have an option to be taping at the Sterling Heights studio (it's through Charter cable studio) where I did my show for over 10 years before bringing my show to Flint 8 years ago. That studio makes the Flint one look like a shed. It has all the latest technology and is much, much bigger. The distance would be a huge problem, though. Other options have included two smaller independant studios in the Flint area, as well as one additional one which may be a collaborative juncture with Ronald Robinson. I'll have to do with my options what I did old girlfriends - weigh them out and see which one comes out on top!
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Reallly?? Wow I gotta watch it now Rusty!!! Smile

quote:
rusty schreef:
Sometimes even with me!

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Don't get too excited, Ryan. During a live performance, Rusty was so funny he actually made three cameramen choke and an 83 year-old woman in the audience suffer a mild stroke. She's doing alright, but I had to hire 3 new crew members!
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:21 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

The really scarey part was that the three camera men were choking on the old lady.

Weirdest church sketch I ever saw.

It was also the last time I let my mom come to a show...
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:14 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Mark, your show sounds like it should come with a disclaimer of sorts....egads.

I sure hope that the old woman was on a putting green in the studio, only to get out a mild stroke....Smile

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:26 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

And if ever an "egads" was in order - "the old woman on a putting green in the studio to get a mild stroke" calls for it!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:35 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Rusty always did put a spin on things - the really scary part was the three camera men were choking on the old lady!

Tell your mom sorry she got choked up laughing. Even though it was a church sketch, she still manages to sneak into the studio for giggles!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:39 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You guys are a hoot, I have seen the show. Smile

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:57 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

andi03,
We need more females on the show - you sound pretty funny. I can't handle another sketch of Rusty wearing a dress!
Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:19 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Mark,

If you only knew.......people look at me and they laugh. The only way people are going to see my chicken legs in a dress is when I am in a casket and even then the bottom lid will be closed. Smile Smile

There's a country song written about me, "I am Way Cooler Online."

Are you the guy that looks like the dad from "Married with Children" on the show?

edited to add: Found your website via google, yep you do!!! It's not an insult really!!!

edited to add again, evidently I am having problems. Smile Do you mind if I add your website to my blog? I have only had 89 some odd hits but I think that it is me reading what I have posted, vanity ya know.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:46 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

andi03,

I don't mind at all if you add my website to your blog - please do. I laughed when you said you have only had 89 some hits, but thought it was you reading what you've posted! Laughing See? You are funny!

You sound hilarious - I'm sure you look less funny. Chicken legs and all.

Never heard the country song "I am Way Cooler Online." I think most of us believe that.

I used to hear the analogy about looking like Ed O'Neil - the guy on "Married with Children" a lot, but these days I always hear the Ryan Stiles (guy from "Whose Line Is It Anyway") comparison. I even was at Qdoba last week and the girl actually thought I was him! Can you imagine that? So I signed an autograph (with his name) and left!
Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:16 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I am what you would call FWC....funny when chided. Smile

It's sometimes funny when you are in the same business as someone else and they look for characteristics of someone else and they don't grasp the concept that you are different. Does that make sense?

In the early 90's when my brother was in theater people kept stating that he looked like MacGyver (sp), the only thing I saw resembling him was the gawdawful mullet and twenty years different in the age...oy.

I viewed your website and you said that you were going to be in the Flint area during December? Pestos? That's the one in GB? Or the old one, rather, I can't keep track. It might be a good date night for hubby and myself to get out of Dodge force a babysitter on the chitlin's.

If you were a Ryan Stiles lookalike I would have to look down to tell you two apart..........at the shoes, get your mind out of the gutter. Wink

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: