FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Move to digital TV begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

this pisses me off......... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:45 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I like Comcrap so much i switched to Directv a year ago.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

www.saveaccessflint.org
Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

great site ted....thanks. Cool

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:41 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
www.saveaccessflint.org
Good grief, this goes far and wide! But, I do like Dingell's letter to Comcast and hope it brings results. I'll look forward to seeing Comcast's response by January 7th. I'm sending a copy of Dingell's letter to our local Comcast Customer Service representatives who knew nothing about the "free converter" for a year. Also emailing my councilman referencing Dingell's letter online.

Ted, your link reference says to get on the list and let you know we support public access in Flint. Are individual names, not connected to an organization, helpful?

Why is this not news in the Flint Journal or on ABC12?
Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:09 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Ann Arbor City Council has prepared a resolution asking the State to step in, what is the City of Flint doing about the Comcast problem? Anyone know?
I just watched the Dec. 19th city council meeting where Jackie Poplar read her letter written to Comcast in Philadelphia. Great letter! Inez Brown has a personal contact with Comcast now. And Paul Herring spoke about progress in 2008 -- city council meetings coming to the internet! Yeay!! (except I've got dialup -- ) Crying or Very sad
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:45 pm 
last time here

well well. i bow to ms.poplar!!!!
ms.brown has always been great!!!!!! she's class! Smile Smile Smile

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:29 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

[quote="00SL2"][quote="Cory M Lorincz"]I recently purchased an HDTV and an antenna ( about $50) with this antenna i get 20 stations crystal clear. It is my understanding if I buy an outdoor antenna i can get Detroits staions as well and have about 40 channels. I have a weather channel, cartoon channel etc. Why bother with cable?[/quote]I'm curious to know your location and what kind of indoor antenna will pick up 20 channels--and how far they are from you.[/quote]

======================================================
presently have dish network,, But prior to that I used an Outdoor antenna that is 29 years old..

I am in Burton Antenna is 30 ft from ground level

Channels I could Recieve

2 - Detroit
3- Grand rapids
4- Detroit
5- wnem CBS
6- Lansing
7 -Wxyz Detroit ABC
9- Windsor canada
10 - college station near lansing
12 wjrt ABC

19 college station near lansing
20 -wixom ( Wxon)
23 College station
25 weyi NBC
28 pbs Flint
31 Ann arbor Station
47 Grand rapids
49 Church station ( Flint/0
50 Detroit ( FOX)
56 Forget what is was but it was PBS
62 Detroit station
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:22 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Dave Starr"]I like Comcrap so much i switched to Directv a year ago.[/quote]

=================================================

COMSHAFT ?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:24 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Okay, 00SL2, it's time to come out of seclusion!

Although we may have had a slight difference on the sewage backup case, we need you! After reading your posts, and hearing your ideas and support, you seem to have a really good understanding on the whole Comcast situation.

Contact myself, Ted, Paul - anyone who can help bring your opinions to light. The www.saveaccessflint.org needs you now!
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
ms.brown has always been great!!!!!! she's class! Smile Smile Smile

I agree about Inez Brown...I haven't seen anyone at City Hall as knowledgeable/professional/competent/honest as her.

Perhaps that's why The Don can't get along with her?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:33 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Perhaps. Hope she can pull some strings for us. For all Comcast subscribers, in general. But what's the personal contact Inez has with Comcast now?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Perhaps. Hope she can pull some strings for us. For all Comcast subscribers, in general. But what's the personal contact Inez has with Comcast now?
At the Dec. 19th city council meeting after Paul spoke, Jackie responded by telling about getting 10 (I think) calls about the city council meeting not being aired on Ch. 17 Monday night when it should have been, and she read her letter to Comcast in PA. Inez Brown told her it was a beautiful letter, and that she had made personal contact with someone in Southfield to find out what the problem was, and why the program was not aired as scheduled. Hopefully, with a Southfield personal contact they'll get someplace. But in support of you who produce here in Flint, I would like to see Comcast provide the studio facilities. What is the cost to Comcast to keep it open? Also, Ch. 17 needs more programs, does it not, to keep the public access programming channel open?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:15 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Good questions, 00SL2.

First, the fact that Inez said she had made personal contact with someone in Southfield isn't going to get us anywhere. We've all been that route, it's a nowhere road. We need to go to Philly - their main headquarters.

In a letter from Southfield, Comcast said they'd actually provide studio facilities and equipment for us. Fortunately, I personally don't have to rely on them for those, but is still a huge inconvenience for a lot of producers.

The cost to Comcast to keep it open? Too late for that now, but very little. For a milti-million dollar behemoth, they could've easily afforded to keep it open.

No channel 17, now 916, does not need more programs, to keep the public access programming channel open. We just have to show we can provide a certain amount of hours programming per week. Which we can easily do!
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:52 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Mark, Comcast may have closed local studio but if enough people raise hell with Philly is it possible Philly could tell them to re-open it? The Flint studio is still there, isn't it?

In Comcast's letter from Southfield they were saying they'd provide the studio facilities and equipment in Southfield, correct? I agree that's too far for local people who want to produce shows with local content.

I thought I had read somewhere that PEG programming was required to have 8 hours of programming each day to keep the station viable.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: