FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: city council $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

i saw that too 00. methinks channel 12 may have purposely used
scotts quote out of context to give the impression of disunity among
council........damn.....so does that mean ch.12 will join the journal in
shaping public opinion about flint negatively????? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

you know what 00, i ain't about to research anything about the takeover.
i don't really care what happened. i hear these claims and very rarely are
any of them true. it usually turns out to be a conflict of personalities, and
i as joe citizen could care less about those. criminals are going to be
criminals regardless of who a mayor is. regardless of how many police are on the street. all a local government can do is increase pressure on the
bad guys and they know who they are. stop them constantly for anything
and if they are caught "dirty" bye-bye.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:09 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Kathy Shaffran has been the one to report many of the negative stories about activities at city hall, especially when it concerns the mayor and city council. WJRT employee Sheldon Neeley, city council member, also ran for mayor. I'm sure he could be a source of inside information for news stories before they get aired. Sometimes I think they should be a little more careful about what they air as "news" though.

WJRT reported a false news story about a fire in the West Flint Police Mini-Station awhile back. First of all, the video shots they aired were of the former location of the ministation on Corunna Road. Second, there was no fire at that location, nor at the current location of the ministation on Court Street. Several people who knew better called the station and the story was pulled. But others who saw that report and didn't know better, thought there was a fire and the station just showed the wrong video. Makes one wonder how they get a story like that--seems they would have some kind of verification before putting it on the air.

Last edited by 00SL2 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:41 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

LT, what happened is "history," it's how we got to where we are today. When it comes down to conflicting personal opinions about what that history is, it's good to have a reliable source for fact so you can form your own opinion. If you don't really care then I guess you won't be wasting time reading an appeals court decision for a reliable answer to your questions.
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:02 am 
last time here

wow dbl.OH..you educated me!!!!!!! kurtz gave council back their salary
before he left!!!!!! williamson just happened to be the mayor when the
state sued to get the money back!!!!

i'm cool bro! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, To say balanced budget would infer (to me at least) that there was more money coming in than going out. Which in order to get out of a 20 millioin dollar debt in less than four years. It would have hed to have been a balanced budget. Just before the Mayor took over we were just a few million still in the red. The city took out a bond so that we could get rid of Kurtz. As soon as that happened. THe Mayor sent a resolution to City Council to pay them thier RIGHTFUL back pay. that was stolen from them by the State takeover manager. What was interesting is when Kurtz cut thier pay he filled two or three 90k plus a year appointment positions. Like economic deleveopement or some position that hasn't and still doesn't make a difference for Flint in years.

As far as Channel 12 reporting stories that never happened. That happens all the time! They ran a story about Club 810 actually two stories about them that never happened! To support the mayor's efforts on closing down clubs. That about Scott and TV12 being out of context is probably true. Kinciad was refering to if Daryl got the votes by daryl actually voting. Since Daryl stepped down and Peggy was removed. They all voted for him.

quote:
damn ted..you really have a hard-on for the mayor....why??
have you met him?

Here's thing I always tell people. You can pick and choose your friends. But, family your stuck with!
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
wow dbl.OH..you educated me!!!!!!! kurtz gave council back their salary
before he left!!!!!! williamson just happened to be the mayor when the
state sued to get the money back!!!!

i'm cool bro! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Where did he say that?
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm 
last time here

hey FC. go back to OOSL2's post with the web sites and read....
club 810??? you mean the club across the street from ch.12 where
dealers openly sold drugs in the street and scared the seniors half
to death???? that club??
i live near there. it was rough!!!! them poor folks at ch.12 were scared
to death!!! ted, i've got $20.00 that says you wouldn't have wanted
that club in your neighborhood!! bet??

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
hey FC. go back to OOSL2's post with the web sites and read....
club 810??? you mean the club across the street from ch.12 where
dealers openly sold drugs in the street and scared the seniors half
to death???? that club??
i live near there. it was rough!!!! them poor folks at ch.12 were scared
to death!!! ted, i've got $20.00 that says you wouldn't have wanted
that club in your neighborhood!! bet??

You mean this part:

"07/01/04 Williamson assumed power, and Council approved resolution introduced by Williamson to grant themselves retroactice pay.'
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:55 pm 
last time here

dude. read page 2..."during his term, kurtz reduced the councilmembers compensation twice. just before his term ended, he (KURTZ) increased their compensation to the level set by the LOCC during it's 2003 meeting, thereby fixing the councilmembers salaries at approximately 95% of what they had been before KURTZ'S appointment. THE DAY after KURTZ"S responsibilities terminated, council passed the resolution restoring their salaries" Confused Confused Confused Confused

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:12 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
dude. read page 2..."during his term, kurtz reduced the councilmembers compensation twice. just before his term ended, he (KURTZ) increased their compensation to the level set by the LOCC during it's 2003 meeting, thereby fixing the councilmembers salaries at approximately 95% of what they had been before KURTZ'S appointment. THE DAY after KURTZ"S responsibilities terminated, council passed the resolution restoring their salaries" Confused Confused Confused Confused

First, to quote a wise man, I'm not going back to read 4 years worth of posts. Second, I have read this entire thread, and there is a huge difference between Mr. Kurtz "restoring" council member salaries and them voting to pay themselves retroactively.

Obviously, based on court decisions, Mr. Kurtz did have the authority to cut their pay and Council giving themselves retroactive pay was illegal.
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:22 pm 
last time here

o.k. i agree...whats the point?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
o.k. i agree...whats the point?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

When you said "wow dbl.OH..you educated me!!!!!!! kurtz gave council back their salary before he left!!!!!! williamson just happened to be the mayor when the state sued to get the money back!!!!" I read that to mean you thought Kurtz approved the retro pay.
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:49 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Club 810... So are you saying, when Club 810 was open for business. Drugs were being sold from the Club?

My point was, Channel 12 ran two stories that I remember. Neither, one of those stories had anything to do with anything that actually happened at Club 810. The shooting that happened was at some apartments across the street. The shooter ran towards and through the 810 parking lot after crossing the street to get there. He did not come out of the club.

Then the "BIG BUST" that the mayor wasted police time and resources on. NOT ONE TICKET held up in court. ALL were summarily thrown out!
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

club 810 on lapeer road was bad for the whole neighborhood. there were
so many kids (18 to 40) that lapeer road was stopped, jammed with traffic
at 3:a.m. every weekend. along with that traffic was cars blowing horns, random gunshots, bottles thrown in the street, loud cussing. i am active
in my neighborhood block clubs and heard all the complaints. i can't
prove drugs were sold inside but i was told they were being sold on the
street (lapeer road) in front of channel 12 right across the street from
club 810. trust me, we wanted them OUT!!!

the other one your referring to was the club "whats next" on clio road. i
don't know anything about that but i'd assume neighbors may have
complained. you must recall several kids had been shot on clio road.
busting them didn't just happen, there was a reason. the bust may not
have culminated in any action but, it served it's purpose. it's closed!

hey ted. there are lots of people in these neighborhoods who are
tired of all the "clowning" going on in their midst. for so many years
some of these idiots have run rampant in our areas. we've been tired
of it a long long time. we've complained a long long time. our concerns
have been answered in regards to "clubs" infecting our neighborhoods.
are there still maniacs using guns to kill? yes. are there a lot less using
guns to terrorize good neighborhoods? thank god yes! things are getting
better.

hey brother, i'm all for kids having a place to "unwind" but unless it's run
right all it does is invade the peace of good citizens and thank goodness
the administration understands.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:44 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

See now your talking about Legitamate complaints. This I understand. You don't make a case for closing a business using things that didn't happen! You don't harrass the Business owner because low lifes hang around on public property. The LAW will not allow them to run people off the area. That's up to Law enforcement. I understand the concerns. Sure close the business and most if not all the problem goes away. But, why does the business have to suffer because law enforcement focuses on the wrong things. If they did a sweep on a regular basis and started arresting people for legitamate (loitering, dealing drugs, throwing bottles) the problem would go away too. But, that not the way we do things in Flint. We prefer to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:16 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: