FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: city council $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

does anyone know who still owes the city from the self administered raise?
Boo hoo! Boo hoo!

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:36 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint says it will collect more than $80,000 from council
Current and former council members have Wednesday deadline
By Matt Franklin
FLINT (WJRT) - (12/18/06)--The city of Flint says it is ready to collect more than $80,000 from several current and previous City Council members.

Nearly two years after an Ingham County judge ordered members of council to repay money they awarded themselves, Monday night the city of Flint said at least five council members have not paid up.

Late Monday afternoon, the mayor's office released five letters from the Michigan Attorney General's Office that were sent to those council members, telling them they have until Wednesday to pay back the money.

According to the letters, current Councilman Scott Kincaid owes more than $17,800. Carolyn Sims owes just over $16,800.

Former Councilman Johnnie Coleman owes over $17,500. Former Councilman Ed Taylor owed nearly $18,000. And former Councilman Mark Horrigan owes just over $16,600.

The mayor's office says that it will go after the money if it is not paid by the Wednesday deadline.

This all stems from a resolution passed by the council in 2004 to reinstate more than a quarter of a million dollars in back pay just one day after the state take over of the city ended.

Council's salaries had been cut by former Emergency Financial Manager Ed Kurtz.

The council claimed Kurtz had no authority to do it, but after several court hearings a judge ruled the money had to be paid back.

Now the city says it is going to uphold the current and former council members to the ruling.

We spoke to all five of the current and former council members by phone Monday afternoon. Coleman says he has not received a letter.

Sims and Horrigan declined to comment. Taylor says he knows nothing about the judgment. Kincaid says he received a letter and plans on sending in a check for the full amount by Wednesday.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
willy
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Steve Myers"]Flint says it will collect more than $80,000 from council
Current and former council members have Wednesday deadline
By Matt Franklin
FLINT (WJRT) - (12/18/06)--The city of Flint says it is ready to collect more than $80,000 from several current and previous City Council members.

Nearly two years after an Ingham County judge ordered members of council to repay money they awarded themselves, Monday night the city of Flint said at least five council members have not paid up.

Late Monday afternoon, the mayor's office released five letters from the Michigan Attorney General's Office that were sent to those council members, telling them they have until Wednesday to pay back the money.

According to the letters, current Councilman Scott Kincaid owes more than $17,800. Carolyn Sims owes just over $16,800.

Former Councilman Johnnie Coleman owes over $17,500. Former Councilman Ed Taylor owed nearly $18,000. And former Councilman Mark Horrigan owes just over $16,600.

The mayor's office says that it will go after the money if it is not paid by the Wednesday deadline.

This all stems from a resolution passed by the council in 2004 to reinstate more than a quarter of a million dollars in back pay just one day after the state take over of the city ended.

Council's salaries had been cut by former Emergency Financial Manager Ed Kurtz.

The council claimed Kurtz had no authority to do it, but after several court hearings a judge ruled the money had to be paid back.

Now the city says it is going to uphold the current and former council members to the ruling.

We spoke to all five of the current and former council members by phone Monday afternoon. Coleman says he has not received a letter.

Sims and Horrigan declined to comment. Taylor says he knows nothing about the judgment. Kincaid says he received a letter and plans on sending in a check for the full amount by Wednesday.[/quote]

The Date of the ARTICLE is 2006...

We are in 2007
So Who owes WHAT ?

:arrow:
Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 pm 
last time here

well..thats certainly a big hammer..... Shocked

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:31 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

I believe Bob Leonard mentioned this on his last show.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:06 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
does anyone know who still owes the city from the self administered raise?
Boo hoo! Boo hoo!

I am still amazed at the stupidity of people!

The City Council DID NOT SELF ADMINISTER A RAISE!!!!!

The raise came from the mayor's office. They only approved it!

This city council still hasn't figured out how to combat the Williamson tricks. I see them clearer now. But, they still keep falling into the same traps.

What get's me is the education level of Flint residents that refuse to even attempt to understand how government works and continue to repeat this stupidity above!
Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

ha ha ha ha...gee, wake up on the wrong side of the bed ted??? Laughing Laughing

take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:58 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I believe Kincaid is the only one that paid it back in full.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
ha ha ha ha...gee, wake up on the wrong side of the bed ted??? Laughing Laughing

take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope, I'm just frustrated with the lack of thought process used when people speak about issues that have been discussed, hashed and rehashed and still people cannot get it right! That frustrates me!
Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

well ted. i doubt if what anyone thinks should affect your state of mind.
i haven't "hashed and rehashed" this subject, if i would have, perhaps
i'd have asked the question differently. however, i seriously doubt you
qualified to name call. sometimes others and i disagree on certain
subjects but we all are capable of agreeing to disagree. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

by the way, thanks josh!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
i haven't "hashed and rehashed" this subject, if i would have, perhaps
i'd have asked the question differently. however, i seriously doubt you
qualified to name call.

I'm not trying to be rude. But, before making a statement like that in Public. Wouldn't you check it out a bit yourself before asking?

But, even before that. The way city government works. In this and most situations. The Mayor submits to the Council and the Council Votes Yeah or Ney.

Now if that was sarcasim... Then I understand completely. The Problem with sarcasim is it's not very clear that it when posted online unless you know the writers style or they out right point it out that it is sarcasim.

When Bankert mentioned that in the very same way you did. I bashed on him also. I like Terry, I've hired Terry. If he or anyone got on here and said something this silly. I'd call them on it.

Now this topic has multiple and I do mean mulitple posts on this board over the last four years. Can't we get anything settled?
Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:18 pm 
last time here

o.k. i see now. i looked at your site. now i see where your
head is. maybe you know how city government works, and
thats good for you. my question wasn't sarcasm, it was a question.
feel free to bash me anytime you wish. by the way, there is no
way i'm going to read over four past years of posts before i
do anything. also i haven't seen anywhere on this site where anything
said had to pass your inspection before posting. i'll ask what i wish,
when i wish. if you have a problem with that, i guess you have
a problem. have a nice day teddy!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:12 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Right on LTH. The tone on this forum has been friendly discussion lately and I like it much better.
Ted, you did call him stupid, that's not cool. Be nice buddy. Smile

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey whos picking on my buddy LT? Laughing

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:31 pm 
last time here

i think it's because i'm black!!!
Laughing

(wheres al sharpton) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >