FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: city council $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted, you did call him stupid, that's not cool. Be nice buddy

I said he posted stupidity! If repeat something that has been talked about and rehashed as much as this has. Is calling someone stupid. I guess I did.

I assume that someone who ahs been posting on here for some time would be up on the topic at least enough to know what they were asking about. Just because the Mayor and The Flint Urinal Spin it. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to accept the spin. [/code]
Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, well by that logic, I would assume that anyone who was going on here to bash other people and call them stupid would master a bit of grammar and show some command over the English language. Guess we're both wrong then, eh?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:12 am 
last time here

and i'm stupid?? i've seen your show dude..
i have two words i use for people like you but because
i love this site i'll just say "forget you".
cheer up ted, it ain't that bad dude!! Cool Laughing Laughing Cool

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I guess the question is. Did City Council Self Administer a raise? NO

They voted on the Mayor's resolution to pay them the money that the State Take Over Administrator Kurtz took away from them. (All the while using the budget they worked out to bring us out of the takeover.)

The Mayor Proposed and the Council Approved. So I guess you could say they "Self Administered it". But if you are willing to say that. You have to give credit to the Mayor also for giving it to them. And not accept his finger pointing that "They are stealing your money".
Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

alright..that sounds good dude... Laughing

"they are stealing your money"!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Don't you feel ripped off when city council refuses to take care of city business? See the news tonight? Two council members were absent from the meeting to vote for Darryl Buchanan for city administrator, and Kincaid was already commenting about suing for an illegal vote if Buchanan got the necessary five to approve the mayor's appointment! Can you see where this council's going with Sims as President and Kincaid as Finance Chair? It's absolutely disgusting, going from bad to worse if that's possible. How in the world can anyone get through to these hard heads?? They act like they would even defy an appeals court opinion. Maybe citizens of the city need to file a lawsuit against them and request their removal for failing to live up to their obligations.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm 
last time here

looooooooooooord hab mercy.....
i had hoped this would be over.....
so buchanan was not confirmed? Shocked Shocked

never mind. just read your other thread...
i guess congratulations are in order????? Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:20 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, Now you see the sarcasim. Sure they voted to accept the money. But, to allow the Mayor to remain off the hook fr even suggesting it. For him to bring it to council for a vote. Then to have everyone absolve him of any responsibility blows my mind. Just because he screams they are stealing your money. When he is the one that gave it to them. Blows my mind! Then to have people repeat his stupidity. Get's me riled! Especially, when we;ve hashed and rehashed it here on flint talk.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Don't you feel ripped off when city council refuses to take care of city business? See the news tonight? Two council members were absent from the meeting to vote for Darryl Buchanan for city administrator, and Kincaid was already commenting about suing for an illegal vote if Buchanan got the necessary five to approve the mayor's appointment! Can you see where this council's going with Sims as President and Kincaid as Finance Chair? It's absolutely disgusting, going from bad to worse if that's possible. How in the world can anyone get through to these hard heads?? They act like they would even defy an appeals court opinion. Maybe citizens of the city need to file a lawsuit against them and request their removal for failing to live up to their obligations.

Kind of funny.. you're mad at them for threatening to file a lawsuit.. so you threaten to file a lawsuit... Are you Don?
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
last time here

well, all they have to do is pay it back!! it HAS been over a year right? Cool
i'm still not gonna read 4 years worth of posts... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
and another thing, the don is far from stupid and it's obvious! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:28 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Well if you can become a multimillionaire, elected and re-elected mayor of an urban city, I want to be stupid too!
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:44 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Try a life of crime and shady dealings. That's the quickest way that the stupid try to become rich...
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

He may be dumb but he be your mayor. Laughing Laughing Laughing And a rich one to boot.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:11 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Try a life of crime and shady dealings. That's the quickest way that the stupid try to become rich...
Those who are stupid enough to live that way usually end up caught, and spending the rest of their life, or most of it, behind bars.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 pm 
last time here

i still like the guy!!!
i respect what he's done. Confused

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: