FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: LAID OFF!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thanks FC......we agree on something. Smile

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

"Roger Smith is the man who ruined Flint." What a ridiculous thing to say. I love ya Ryan but come on. It is a little creepy for you and Chittle to be on here saying na-na-na, na, na-na.
It is fine to like MM but to take everything he says as gospel, well...
All I can say is "You're blind, you can't see you need to wear some glasses like DMC."
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Roger Smith indirectly contributed to what happened in Flint. He was a bean counter whose only concern was the bottom line; cut costs at all costs. The common platform, where it became difficult to tell one GM car from another, front wheel drive because it's cheaper to produce,, centralizing all division headquarters in Detroit, etc. Buick City's demise was at least partly due to Union - Management conflicts.
Moore, in my opinion, has done nothing except make himself famous at Flint's expense. He portrayed the residents as either dumb hillbillys or heartless snobs, when neither is true. If he really cared about Flint, he'd be living here and having his film festival here, instead of Traverse City.He's no different than the other "elites" who think they're superior to everyone else.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

What about the Japanese competition?
What about the U.S. government that forced GM to be unompetitive so as not to gain too much market chare and be considered a monopoly.
What about technology that made a lot of workers not necessary?
What about capitalism where companies exist to be profitable or should we switch to a communist for of government? Under communism these workers would still be employeed even if it was to sit at work and do nothing at all.

In addition why don't people blame local businesses that also laid of workers and are laying off workers now.

Another option for GM would have been total bankruptcy and disolution of the company and the elimination of every GM job.

With the kind of business sense that is rampant in the city of Flint it's no wonder why we have ordinances that help protect our community from so many nuisance jobs and annoying economic developement.

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Watch it Adam, Shocked your throwing a lot of factual info at Eashoo and Chittle at one time. Might be too much to handle. Laughing Laughing Laughing Speaking of old fat Butt Mike I remember a few years back when someone with more money than brains decided to try and ressurect from the dead that grand old lib Phil Donahue. I happen to catch one of his shows that had old Mike sitting in an entrance to where Buick City once was. (Trespassing no doubht). Anyway the two of them were blabbering on about how the Policys of GW Bush had caused the death of Buick city and Flint. Of course they managed to leave out the fact that Buick City closed while good old BJ Clinton was at the wheel but what the hell neither Phil or Fatboy ever let the facts get in the way of a good story. Happily shortly there after Phils little return to the limelight was canceled. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:04 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

Companies are always in big trouble the day the Board of Directors place an accounting ace in charge. GM is no exception. The job of that person is always increasing the bottom line through cutbacks instead of innovation.

I won't mourn Roger Smith, not for a simgle moment.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Deena schreef:
Companies are always in big trouble the day the Board of Directors place an accounting ace in charge. GM is no exception. The job of that person is always increasing the bottom line through cutbacks instead of innovation.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!!!!! IS THE SKY FALLING YET?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Real liberals should despise Bill Clinton -- NAFTA was the beginning of the end, and I don't see how anyone could blame Bush for that, even though I hate his guts. I hate him because he's smug, a liar, and an idiot.

twotap -

Why is Michael Moore anti-American exactly? I don't get that.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:12 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well anytime you have someone heading off to a place like Cuba and declaring how great the folks there have it as compared to the US I gotta say it appears a little anti American to me. Of course old James Earl Carter did the same so maybe Mikey was just following his lead. I wonder if he and Jimmy will head there when they are in real need of some quality healthcare, Heres hoping. Laughing
quote:
smug, a liar, and an idiot.

my feelings about Mike exactly. Laughing
quote:
Real liberals should despise Bill Clinton

Maybe they should but they sure dont and they are pulling out all the stops to get his sorry ass back in the Whitehouse.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:17 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Deena schreef:

Maybe we could put a communist government in charge in the U.S. and get rid of those conservative laws the "red states" have that steal jobs from us. Maybe then we could force GM to rebuild Bucik city.

Seriously what will it take for people to get a clue? A GM bankruptcy?

Take a look at those evil steal companies that laid all of their workers. When they went bankrupt!

Right now I hear a new Toyota woker in the U.S. makes more than a new Gm workr if GM were actually to hire someone.

Another thing to realize is businesses run on the margin. Every 1% increase in costs drives between 5 and 10% of businesses into bankruptcy.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And along those lines I see old Barack Hussein Obama has declared among other things that if elected he will grant raises in the minimum wage annualy. Rolling Eyes
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:34 am 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Real liberals should despise Bill Clinton -- NAFTA was the beginning of the end, and I don't see how anyone could blame Bush for that, even though I hate his guts. I hate him because he's smug, a liar, and an idiot.

twotap -

Why is Michael Moore anti-American exactly? I don't get that.

NAFTA was Bush 1.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

United States President Bill Clinton acknowledges applause after signing the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Congress approved NAFTA in 1993. By the way whats Willie doing with his hands? Shocked
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/economy/01.htm
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup and Willie agreed. Laughing
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:49 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >