FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Buchanan offered Flint city administrator's job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

How the past is swept under the rug! I believe the GREAT Daryl was canned from his ombudsman position years ago for sexual harrasment!

How many times will he get a certain city employee his job back as well? "Mr. H" has been fired for hit and run with a city vehicle, making innapropriate comments to underage girls while at a community center, and theft. Each time he cried to DARYL and DARYL cried to the Mayor and BAM, Mr. H is back employed with the city.

Daryl is a puppet and the hand is going even further up the ***!
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:18 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Who is Mr. H??

quote:
bigmouthconservative schreef:
How the past is swept under the rug! I believe the GREAT Daryl was canned from his ombudsman position years ago for sexual harrasment!

How many times will he get a certain city employee his job back as well? "Mr. H" has been fired for hit and run with a city vehicle, making innapropriate comments to underage girls while at a community center, and theft. Each time he cried to DARYL and DARYL cried to the Mayor and BAM, Mr. H is back employed with the city.

Daryl is a puppet and the hand is going even further up the ***!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

Think his last name is Harper
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:28 pm 
last time here

so, you've never made a mistake in life bigmouthconservative?????
riiiiiiiight!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:57 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Darryl is a very good man, he will do a fine job in that position!

Ryan M. Eashoo

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

This guy any relation to Pat? Confused Laughing
Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:22 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

What I think people are missing is that, by having a council that is not working with THE DON. He will be able to use it when it comes time for council elections. He will be able to point fingers again at the council for everything that he (claims) didn't get done or didn't happen will all be their fault.

THis is how this guy operates. He keeps peoples minds off what is really going on by making promises he NEVER intends to keep (Pie in the sky, pipe dreams) then sets up situation to cover that fact. The stadium wasn't built because City Council wouldn't support it or the race track wasn't built because City Council wouldn't support it. My personal favorites were his claim that Dale Kildee didn't want to bring jobs to Flint, becuase he wouldn't help THE DON get permission into the new FLint Annexed Mt Morris property he owns in Mt. Morris.

How quickly his opponents forget how sly this old fox is. What is even scarier to me. Is all those actually listen to and believe the stupid crap that comes out of his mouth. But, It's understandable. The Flint Journal and Channel 12 just continue repeat it and people actually believe and take him serious. Then bury the story's that completely disprove everything he said. I'm still blown away by how many people still tell me THE DON repaved the streets out of his own pocket.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
bigmouthconservative schreef:

Actually I think it had more to do with his relationship with George Hamo and how they used that relationship in a lawsuit.

Hamo worked for the Ombudsman as the attorney... There was a case that involved police brutality... the ombudsman (Darryl) and the attorney go to Ann Arbor to interview the fellow... they get all the information on the case, the particulars, the ins and outs...An investigation follows.... Remember, the Ombudsman has subpeona power to get the information in the case from all City Agencies.... Then Hamo quits working for the Ombudsmans office... takes the guy on as a client and sues the City of Flint.....

I think that the firing had more to do with a lapse of ethics....

Knowing this information... I still think that Darryl would be the most qualified appointee that the Mayor would have. Darryl does have the ability to take a big picture view of issues rather than how he has to suck up to the mayor in order to keep the pay rolling to his pockets like the previous City Administrator did.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I'm still blown away by how many people still tell me THE DON repaved the streets out of his own pocket.

Hey....wait just a minute...you trying to tell us The Don didn't pay for the paving out of his own pocket?
Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 am 
necroped
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Hamo worked for the Ombudsman as the attorney... There was a case that involved police brutality ...
Josh: Your knowledge of Flint politics much appreciated. Thanks for sharing with us.

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:13 pm 
last time here

so thats what really happened.. i didn't know that josh.........thanks!! Confused
i'm kinda slow josh. where was the ethics voided? because he took
hamo ?. seems as though hamo had the ethics problem and if so, why
did buchanan take the fall?? i'm lost!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:45 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
so thats what really happened.. i didn't know that josh.........thanks!! Confused
i'm kinda slow josh. where was the ethics voided? because he took
hamo ?. seems as though hamo had the ethics problem and if so, why
did buchanan take the fall?? i'm lost!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, after going back and reading the court briefing(95-37981-CZ or COA # 193153), it seems I got the chronology mixed up which may have led to the confusion.

The complaint with the Ombudsman was filed on 11-21-94.... At that time, Hamo was an attorney for the Ombudsmans office.....

On 11-30-94 Joe Valu, the chief investigator for the office attempted to interview the man who was allegedly dumped by the police on Bray Rd where he was hit by a car critically injurying him. Unfortunately the man could "hardly talk" and was "too weak to give a statement."

On 12-20-94 the complaintant entered into a verbal agreement with Hamo to represent him in a lawsuit that he was going to file against the COF...

On 12-23-94 Mr. Hamo resigns as attorney for the Ombudsmans office because of a potential conflict of interest in a lawsuit that he would file in Feb 95....

On 1-7-95 Hamo drives to Ann Arbor in the same car with Buchanan, the Complaintants brother, and an outside investigator named Richard Dicks to meet the complaintant at the UofM hospital. According to the lawsuit, the orginal investigator of the case, Joe Valu, was not asked to go.

Interesting here, Mr. Dicks had just recently signed a PSA (professional services agreement) with the Ombudsmans office that was drafted by Mr. Hamo. Mr. Dicks, also worked for Mr. Hamo outside of the Ombudsmans office. In fact, he would later testify as an expert witness on behalf of Mr. Hamo's client during the federal lawsuit that was filed.

It also appears that during the course of the lawsuit, Mr. Hamo, though he had written a letter of resignation continued to work for the Ombudsmans office, was privy to all of the information that the Ombudsman was gathering in the case to use in his own lawsuit against the City of Flint.

Does this clear up the question about the lapse of ethics?

This case is really interesting and I would suggest that you take a look at it. If anyone wants a copy, simple email me and I will get you one.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
last time here

i guess all i can say is perhaps i'd have done things a bit differently.
i do understand your view however. thank you.

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:18 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Buchanan accepts top Flint post, now faces City Council
Posted by Marjory Raymer | The Flint Journal December 03, 2007 09:54AM
Categories: Breaking News, Flint, Politics

Flint City Councilman Darryl Buchanan has accepted Mayor Don Williamson's offer to become city administrator.

Buchanan now must win approval of his colleagues on City Council to move into the post now held by Peggy Cook, who also previously served on City Council. Buchanan has been Williamson's most loyal ally on Council, but mayoral critics now control Council.

Buchanan said Friday that he wanted to go to church before making a final decision on whether to accept the job, which pays about $97,000 a year. Williamson sent a press release at 9 a.m. today saying Buchanan had accepted the position.

Source:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/12/buchanan_accepts_top_flint_pos.html
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I really don't understand why these jobs pay so well. $97,000 is a little out of step with area economics.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: