FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Buchanan offered Flint city administrator's job
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Buchanan offered Flint city administrator's job

Posted by Holly Klaft | The Flint Journal November 29, 2007 20:06PM
Categories: Breaking News, Flint
FLINT -- City Councilman Darryl Buchanan has been offered the position of city adminstrator by Mayor Don Williamson, according to news release.

It's unclear whether Buchanan has accepted the job.

The offer comes after current Administrator Peggy R. Cook, who has held the post since 2004,
has spent the last six months on sick leave for an undisclosed illness.

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

actually, thats probably an intelligent decision.
he's trusted...it makes sense.
congrats darryl. i hope ms.cook is o.k.

whoaaaaa........that means another council person. brilliant move!!!!!
the stalemate is almost over...brilliant!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

ryan, your really plugged in dude!! Wink Wink

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
whoaaaaa........that means another council person. brilliant move!!!!! the stalemate is almost over...brilliant!!!!!
Darryl E. Buchanan's term as First Ward Councilman doesn't expire until November 2009. If he decides to accept the offer to serve as City Administrator, that leaves one less voice of support on the Council for the mayor. Where is Buchanan needed most ? In case of vacancy on the council, the City Council must within 30 days appoint a person having the same qualifications for the office to fill the remainder of his term and schedule a special election as soon as possible. The person appointed by the City Council shall serve until the special election is held and a candidate certified as elected. [Sec. 2-410 of the City Charter.]

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:46 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Darryl Buchanan is an excellent choice for city Administrator in Flint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZmm4KfUc0

Last edited by terrybankert on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
necroped
F L I N T O I D

Does that mean Eric Mays will soon join the city council?
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
terrybankert schreef:
Darryl Buchanan is an excellent choice for city Administrator in Flint.

AGREED.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
necroped schreef:
Does that mean Eric Mays will soon join the city council?

Hoo, BOY! THAT would make things interesting!

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:54 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
last time here schreef:
whoaaaaa........that means another council person. brilliant move!!!!! the stalemate is almost over...brilliant!!!!!
Darryl E. Buchanan's term as First Ward Councilman doesn't expire until November 2009. If he decides to accept the offer to serve as City Administrator, that leaves one less voice of support on the Council for the mayor. Where is Buchanan [i[needed most[/i]? In case of vacancy on the council, the City Council must within 30 days appoint a person having the same qualifications for the office to fill the remainder of his term and schedule a special election as soon as possible. The person appointed by the City Council shall serve until the special election is held and a candidate certified as elected. [Sec. 2-410 of the City Charter.]

And, with the Council majority anti-Don, you can be sure they'd pick someone that thinks as they do.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:55 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Darryl will be the most qualified appointee on staff. The guy is smart.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
necroped
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
And, with the Council majority anti-Don, you can be sure they'd pick someone that thinks as they do.
Right. And that shows how irrelevant the Mayor considers CC to be in accomplishing his agenda.

Could the city go four years without a Council approved budget? Looks like it could. Would the city be better off in four years if that happens? Probably.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:20 am 
necroped
F L I N T O I D

Maybe Dayne Walling will move his family to the north end and get a seat on the City Council. Wink

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am 
last time here

politics makes strange bedfellows!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
good point about council. they would appoint someone anti-don.
i gotta believe somethings up. da mayor is too smart to make that
appointment and to not have thought of an option... Cool Cool Confused Cool Cool

walling to the north side?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing riiiight!!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am 
necroped
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Darryl will be the most qualified appointee on staff. The guy is smart.
I agree. That would also put Buchanan in good position to run for Mayor in 2011 when Williamson will probably have had enough.

Or how about this scenario: Walling and Company engineer a successful recall of Williamson in 2008, Williamson helps Buchanan get elected as Mayor, and Buchanan appoints Williamson acting city administrator? Laughing

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Isn't it great when a plan comes together?

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:27 pm 
jackofhearts1
F L I N T O I D

Has anyone ever re-checked his... Buchanan's record recently? If may make for an interesting read.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: