FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: WANTED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Old Flint/Genesee County ( cities ) Milk, Beer, Pope bottles. Willing to pay a fair price for this.

(810)234-1234

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

hey dude, use your license and get the keys to old buildings.
look in attics, janitors closets, basements, especially mechanical rooms..lots of those old original buildings still have classic stuff buried away. i was in the basement of the original citizens bank building a few years ago and saw the old tin barrels marked CD (civil defense) that
still had water and food inside (the cold war days). even found a few original gas masks!!mice never got in those cans. theres great stuff in this town...put on some good boots, take a flashlight, a cap (spiderwebs) and have FUN!!!!

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:08 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, if you do it, I'll go along & take pictures.

Are you talking about the old McDonald Dairy round milk bottles that used paper caps? The ones where the cream separated at the top? The ones delivered to your house, & in the winter you had to get them inside before they froze? McDonald's used trucks to deliver, but Sealtest had horse drawn wagons; I remember stealing chunks of ice form them when the guy was at a house.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Any of you folks get to dig bottles along the river when they were making riverbank park. That was a fun time and some great stuff was uncovered. Too bad they cemented over all that cool stuff. We got some nice jugs, bottles a couple of 1911 porceline license plates. I do know of some cobalt blue bitters bottles that were found. We usually went in groups so we could watch each others backs of course a potatoe fork and shovel in your hand sort of discourages any mischief. Laughing by the way most of the dirt they hauled out of their wound up along I69 near hammerburg road, gotta be a bunch of coins and other stuff mixed in that big pile.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes those types of bottles.... If you know of any please let me know.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Are you talking about the old McDonald Dairy round milk bottles that used paper caps? The ones where the cream separated at the top? The ones delivered to your house, & in the winter you had to get them inside before they froze? McDonald's used trucks to deliver, but Sealtest had horse drawn wagons; I remember stealing chunks of ice form them when the guy was at a house.

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yeah I have helped a friend of mine dig before, we found some really interesting stuff. My goal is to showcase my collection so others can enjoy it as well.

quote:
twotap schreef:
Any of you folks get to dig bottles along the river when they were making riverbank park. That was a fun time and some great stuff was uncovered. Too bad they cemented over all that cool stuff. We got some nice jugs, bottles a couple of 1911 porceline license plates. I do know of some cobalt blue bitters bottles that were found. We usually went in groups so we could watch each others backs of course a potatoe fork and shovel in your hand sort of discourages any mischief. Laughing by the way most of the dirt they hauled out of their wound up along I69 near hammerburg road, gotta be a bunch of coins and other stuff mixed in that big pile.

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:21 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

If Larry ha been your Sealtest milkman, you wouldn't have had to sneak ice. He'd have given it to you!

Or maybe he just liked little girls better. Geez, we loved him.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Deena schreef:

If Larry ha been your Sealtest milkman, you wouldn't have had to sneak ice. He'd have given it to you!

Those were the days, weren't they? Snagging ice, playing kick the can, playing baseball at Iroquois Park, ice skating at Iroquois & Forest parks........

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

any of you youngins' remember coal deliveries and that monstrous
coal fired furnace in the basement??? (wheres my geritol).. Razz Shocked

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

I live in a home built in the 20's. I no longer have a coal furnace but I still have a coal room. It's an awesome spot to store holiday decorations!
Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Our house was built in 1917. The outline of the old "octopus" coal furnace is still visible on the floor. The metal coal bin door is still on the house. The coal bin is full of shelves for assorted stuff, but my wife's Christmas village stuff is slowly taking over.

I used to think the coal man had the coolest job in the world. Hook up the chute, dump the coal in the basement, AND you got to get really dirty.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:43 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I forgot - the electric trolley buses! The overhead trolley lines would ice up in the winter & give off bunches of sparks when a bus went by.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:44 pm 
last time here

whoa dave, your going back. i faintly remember those...we lived
on the corner of clifford and 12th. st.....yer takin me waaay back! Laughing

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:53 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is that park still there??

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Deena schreef:

Those were the days, weren't they? Snagging ice, playing kick the can, playing baseball at Iroquois Park, ice skating at Iroquois & Forest parks........

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:36 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

I was an east sider. I fondly remember sledding at Kearsley Park and skating at the armory. It could be 0 degrees and the armory would be packed. There was a big bonfire to warm our hands and feet and the ice was divided into three sections. One for the little kids and casual skaters, one for never-ending hockey games, and the third for crack the whip. Geez it was fun!

And in another vein, I remember how our ankles wobbled! We thought it was our skating skills. I was an adult with young hockey players before I learned that it was really because our skates had no support. Hahahaha.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: