FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Thanks Mayor Williamson!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
kaypurdue

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Now come on its going away slowly, I noticed the other day its about 30 feet smaller now!

I imagine that's all from erosion! There's nothing really holding that pile up. Just wait a little while and I'm sure Global Warming will take care of the rest. Laughing
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:13 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I honestly don't know if I would hear a drag strip. Probably not. But I guess I don't really get why we need one.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
I honestly don't know if I would hear a drag strip. Probably not. But I guess I don't really get why we need one.

If you're within a mile or so, and the nitro cars are running, believe me you'll hear them.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
If the economy is so bad and Flint residents are living in poverty why would Patsy need another dealership?

Personal opinion' she'll consolidate the Pontiac dealership on Clio Rd, and the Chevy dealership on Pierson Rd. in Flushing. Mega-dealerships seem to be the wave of the future.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

LT that would be a 468. comp cams 280, roller rockers, edelbrock rpm airgap intake,demon 850 carb,Had Dick Ross do the heads, MSD ignition, TCI converter, 4:10 12 bolt posi. Last time at lapeer dragway 11:91 at 119 mph, won trophy in bracket one. This combination should be quicker along with,fiberglass hood, bumpers and weld draglite wheels.Played around with an NOS system which definetly livens it up but wound up giving it to my son. He is building a tube frame vega with a 454. That should be a peppy little ride. Shocked No dragstrip up here but lots of vacant asphalt. Lots of fun with those MT sticky compound tires. I will never grow up. Laughing
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
LT that would be a 468. comp cams 280, roller rockers, edelbrock rpm airgap intake,demon 850 carb,Had Dick Ross do the heads, MSD ignition, TCI converter, 4:10 12 bolt posi. Last time at lapeer dragway 11:91 at 119 mph, won trophy in bracket one. This combination should be quicker along with,fiberglass hood, bumpers and weld draglite wheels.Played around with an NOS system which definetly livens it up but wound up giving it to my son. He is building a tube frame vega with a 454. That should be a peppy little ride. Shocked No dragstrip up here but lots of vacant asphalt. Lots of fun with those MT sticky compound tires. I will never grow up. Laughing

You shouldn't be too far from Central Michigan Dragway in Stanton?
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have thought I that, my buddy has an enclosed car hauler all I would need are some new slicks. Maybe this summer. Laughing
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 pm 
last time here

damn 2tap!!!! if you woulda plugged NOS into that setup you would
have either run low 9s or blew the heads right off that block!!!!!!

woweee!!! what a toy!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

how much will juniors 454 be built up, gotta believe that tube frame
vega will weigh less than 1800 pounds WITH DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

What does NOS mean??

quote:
last time here schreef:
damn 2tap!!!! if you woulda plugged NOS into that setup you would
have either run low 9s or blew the heads right off that block!!!!!!

woweee!!! what a toy!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

how much will juniors 454 be built up, gotta believe that tube frame
vega will weigh less than 1800 pounds WITH DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
What does NOS mean??
Nitrous Oxide Systems
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I have thought I that, my buddy has an enclosed car hauler all I would need are some new slicks. Maybe this summer. Laughing

Let me know if ya need some help in the pits!!!
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Will do FC. Hey Lt I did run a couple bottles of Nitrous thru it. second gear becomes like 1st. I dont know about low 9s but I bet it would be well in the 10s which is a pretty peppy street ride. My sons Vega not only has a tube frame but glass front end. He can pick up the front end with one hand of course no motor. He's about $20,000 away from finishing it but it keeps him out of the bars. By the way he painted the nova and I let him drive it to school in his senior year along with the NOS system on it. He also had a 72 chevelle that we built a small block for it ran 13:30 at 106 which may not sound all that quick but it would and still would give most new rides like the new GTO and standard Vettes (not ZO6s) lots of trouble. My other son had a 72 ss chevele with a mild small block. We redid the body painted it white with black SS stripes rechromed the bumpers some crager wheels it looked pretty sweet. he drove it to his apartment and that night some lowlife keyed the hell out of it,up and down both sides and across the hood stripes several times right down to bare metal. His next ride was a really mint 69 chevelle SS with a good running 454. Buddy of mine built it all black hardened enamel paint just a great looking ride. Son was stopped behind some guy turning left old fool plows into the back and drives him into car i front. Bent frame, doors would not open, broke distributor shaft on motor. Sad very sad he still tears up talking about it. Whew dont get me talking cars. Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 pm 
last time here

aw jees..i'd still be crying..
remember those tempest and chevy II wagons?
i'd love to find one and put a 383 inside.
don't see those much anymore.

yer havin fun dude!!! Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

is the vega gonna sit nice and low?? Shocked

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Probably until you stab the go pedal. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing I believe Royal Pontiac used to run a little tempest wagon. Ill bet they are rare as hens teeth now. Laughing
Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm 
last time here

i just read about royal in car craft!!! Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: