FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: If it walks like a duck.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:

Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be.

Richard

If nobody sees you, it didn't happen. Laughing

I wasn't there, nobody saw me, you can't prove a thing. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I'm going to make a shirt that says:

CLIO: HELL DOES FREEZE OVER.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I just don't get why anyone thinks they deserve praise for what, moving? Big deal.

I agree I moved from the Flint area 10 years ago. Find a place you want to go to, sell your house, have a big garage sale, pack whats left and leave. It aint exactly rocket science. Although I doubht if I will ever return I dont feel I have the right to ridicule or insult those who still make it their home. Unfortunatly their are those who have to let everyone know their superiority by proclaiming they left and those that stayed must be too stupid to leave. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:06 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
I just don't get why anyone thinks they deserve praise for what, moving? Big deal.

I agree I moved from the Flint area 10 years ago. Find a place you want to go to, sell your house, have a big garage sale, pack whats left and leave. It aint exactly rocket science. Although I doubht if I will ever return I dont feel I have the right to ridicule or insult those who still make it their home. Unfortunatly their are those who have to let everyone know their superiority by proclaiming they left and those that stayed must be too stupid to leave. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ive never called anyone stupid or called them an idiot on this site. The community as a whole is responsible for the problems Flint has, not any one individual person.
I know there are some proud hard working people in Flint and for those "few" I feel really bad for.
Residents are a product of their own environment. There will always be a stain on the shirt of Flint, wash it as many times as you wish...it might smell nice, you can cover it with a jacket but the stain will always remain.
Flint is a town of all talk and hardly no action...unless you count newly paved streets action...I dont know!
Flint is a once great city that has lost its way. A city is disrepair.
People can believe what they want about how Flint is improving and getting better and safer. I have some old FJ articles back in the mid 80's talking about "the turn around" and a "promising outlook" for Flints future.
Lets speed the lock ahead about 15 years to the year 2022 when the population is around 35,000, schools like Central and Southwestern boarded up. Courtland Center is now an X rated movie house, Miller Road and Court Street filled with gang bangers and crack whores hanging out on the street corners. I can guarentee some people will come on here talking about turning the corner. Either you people are dreaming or thats one hell of a long corner!
With any luck, Don Williamson will be celebrating his 100th birthday in City Hall. "Patsy....can you change my urine bag for me please?"
Call me a jerk, ass hole or what ever....just be sure to call me a realist as well!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FLINT!

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
The two of you continue to pull the wool over peoples eyes. UNREAL!!
The average citizen of Flint just isnt smart enough to realize it!

quote:
Ive never called anyone stupid or called them an idiot on this site.

Thats pretty close. Confused Very Happy
By the way I agree with your descriptions of Flint as it now stands and also agree its future is pretty bleak indeed. I dont think that the "Average Flint Citizen" needs to be constantly reminded of the condition of the city especially from someone who no longer resides there. Have a happy Thanksgiving and give thanks for what you have. Twotap
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Nows the time to move back, Flint's a great place to live.
We have a lot of new attractions and things to do!

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Nows the time to move back, Flint's a great place to live.
We have a lot of new attractions and things to do!

Cmon Ryan lets get not too far out in left field. I was raised in Flint when it was great town, the downtown area full of succesful retailers, you could go east or west off saginaw st and find even more thriving merchants. Stores open till 9pm mondays and fridays, great holiday decorations, just a great place to shop. Judging by your photo you couldnt have even the slightest memory of that. Ill be staying north thanks.

Last edited by twotap on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Ive never called anyone stupid or called them an idiot on this site. The community as a whole is responsible for the problems Flint has, not any one individual person.
I know there are some proud hard working people in Flint and for those "few" I feel really bad for.
Residents are a product of their own environment. There will always be a stain on the shirt of Flint, wash it as many times as you wish...it might smell nice, you can cover it with a jacket but the stain will always remain.
Flint is a town of all talk and hardly no action...unless you count newly paved streets action...I dont know!
Flint is a once great city that has lost its way. A city is disrepair.
People can believe what they want about how Flint is improving and getting better and safer. I have some old FJ articles back in the mid 80's talking about "the turn around" and a "promising outlook" for Flints future.
Lets speed the lock ahead about 15 years to the year 2022 when the population is around 35,000, schools like Central and Southwestern boarded up. Courtland Center is now an X rated movie house, Miller Road and Court Street filled with gang bangers and crack whores hanging out on the street corners. I can guarentee some people will come on here talking about turning the corner. Either you people are dreaming or thats one hell of a long corner!
With any luck, Don Williamson will be celebrating his 100th birthday in City Hall. "Patsy....can you change my urine bag for me please?"
Call me a jerk, ass hole or what ever....just be sure to call me a realist as well!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FLINT!
Hey Al, try substituting the word Flint with the word Garcia or Garcia family; Don Williamson with Father Garcia and Patsy with Mother Garcia, and see how it feels. The good people of Flint don't deserve your demeaning insults any more than your family does. -- 00SL2
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:02 pm 
last time here

hey 2tap wait!!!!!!

i'm sure ryan could hook you up with a nice 6 bedroom bungalow located
on 2 lushious acres on Ave. B. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

actually emeralda was right. once while on a fishing boat in the carib,
this lady evidently had heard something about flint because she made the
statement "thats a shanty town right"?..she was from one of those islands
but her boyfriend just about turned beet red when he heard her say it..
obviously he was american..it taught me something about perception....

yo al....maine????hell no. i don't like snow any more..if i go, i'm going
waaaaaaaaaaay south...with my boy hugo!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

al, were you a happy child? Sad

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
waaaaaaaaaaay south...with my boy hugo!!

Hey LT,wasnt their an old song called "Me and Hugo down by the school yard"? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 am 
last time here

julio!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:50 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Julio, Hugo whats the difference? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:06 am 
last time here

now 2tap... you KNOW you have to be politically correct!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:35 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

been away for a while.

back now.

glad to see nothings changed.

all the regulars slagging away at each other.

it reminds of the "Cheers Bar" with Normy, Cliff, Sam and the gang.

Flint Talk Forums....Political Talk...a place where "everybody Knows Your Name"

what'll you have gang?

Hot toddy today?

your pal,

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
"Cheers Bar"

Ah yes the Cheers bar The bar where no one smoked, no one got drunk, and no one got tossed out on their ass. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: