FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: If it walks like a duck.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

o.k. al. i mis spoke... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

is the cup half full or half empty? Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:55 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
thats O.K., there are a few who just don't have the balls but will
criticize at the drop of a hat!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

gee both FC and Garcia have called me an idiot.....
i just don't know what i'll do!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

No sir....I never called you an idiot.
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:06 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
I am one of those who bailed out at just the right time. There is no way I could have accomplished what I have had I stayed in Flint. I visit as often as I can, literally dragging the wife along who is a Flint native too but hates the town, to visit and cruise the streets. I now only visit selected areas of Flint and only during the day, for obvious reasons.
There is no fix for Flint except to just blow it up and start over.
Richard

Ditto Richard....there is no way I could have accomplished what I have if I stayed in Flint. My wife won't even go back to Flint to visit. Her 4 or 5 visits to Flint scared the shit out of her. One time we went by my old school on a tour through town. We were stopped at a light at the corner of McClellen and King and guys swarmed our car trying to sell drugs. My one year old daughter was in the backseat!!
One guy said to me, "Hey, didnt we go to school together?" I didnt stick around to find out class we were in together! We turned the corner and witnessed some guy chasing another, beating him with a baseball bat. I thanked my lucky stars when we got back to the "safer" eastside of town!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Im a PreTrial Drug Investigator with the U.S. Federal Probation and PreTrial Services.

In other words one of those unnecessary taxpayer funded bureaucratic jobs I referred to. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Hey Al, please don't knock the people coming to you with their product. Hell, most of the time you have to go to your dealer, but here in Flint the dealers come to you! Its kinda like a drive thru or gas station on every corner kinda thing.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Richard schreef:
I am one of those who bailed out at just the right time. There is no way I could have accomplished what I have had I stayed in Flint. I visit as often as I can, literally dragging the wife along who is a Flint native too but hates the town, to visit and cruise the streets. I now only visit selected areas of Flint and only during the day, for obvious reasons.
There is no fix for Flint except to just blow it up and start over.
Richard

Ditto Richard....there is no way I could have accomplished what I have if I stayed in Flint. My wife won't even go back to Flint to visit. Her 4 or 5 visits to Flint scared the shit out of her. One time we went by my old school on a tour through town. We were stopped at a light at the corner of McClellen and King and guys swarmed our car trying to sell drugs. My one year old daughter was in the backseat!!
One guy said to me, "Hey, didnt we go to school together?" I didnt stick around to find out class we were in together! We turned the corner and witnessed some guy chasing another, beating him with a baseball bat. I thanked my lucky stars when we got back to the "safer" eastside of town!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

just kidding FC.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

al, you do seem to have a fixation with negative comments about flint.

you rant about the north side all the time. when is the last time you've
been to your east side. trust me cousin, the north side has no monopoly
on selling drugs in flint. instead of whining about your fear, you might
try growing some testicles. you can talk all that crap you want but there
are good people in flint doing good things here.

you hereby qualify for 2 dozen krispy kremes!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:00 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
just kidding FC.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

al, you do seem to have a fixation with negative comments about flint.

you rant about the north side all the time. when is the last time you've
been to your east side. trust me cousin, the north side has no monopoly
on selling drugs in flint. instead of whining about your fear, you might
try growing some testicles. you can talk all that crap you want but there
are good people in flint doing good things here.

you hereby qualify for 2 dozen krispy kremes!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was being sarcastic about going to the "safer eastside."
Hell, I grew up between Averill and Branch near the ol' Sobey school.
I know that area has become the pits along with most of the city of Flint. I was embarrassed last time I was in Flint, going for a walk in my old neighborhood! I kept telling my kids that it didnt look this way when I lived there. I about cried when I saw what the new homeowner had done with my parents old house! "There used to be a door there son!"
By the way....no Krispy Kreme here, just Dunkin Donuts! Thank god for having a DD right across the street from my office! They know me by my first name!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:13 pm 
last time here

wellllll.......i guess things change..
good luck and we'll welcome you back anytime!!!

i'll have lester and ramone clean out your parents old house!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:22 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Yea, Ryan has a sense of humor. I know what you mean Al and realize the town is in a terrible state. I love the city of Flint and have such fond memories of a by gone era, I am smart enough to realize Flint will never get better. Everytime I'm in town I always swing by the old Collins Funeral Home for a quick tour. At least now I don't have to sneak in into the place since all the doors have been broken down. I don't worry about vagrants inside because I usually visit in the winter time and it is too cold for them. I still want that damn embalming table in the basement and have exhausted any legal way of obtaining it. So, I thought I would just ask a police officer in that area what I would like to do and see what their reaction is. My God, every piece of copper has been ripped from the place so one would think it would be nop big deal for me to grab that table.
Richard
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Flint IS getting better. It's a very slow process; you can't reverse years of neglect overnight.

Al - drugs are everywhere, even in Maine.
Richard - Check the City's web site. The property tax lookup will give you the owner's name & address.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Flint IS getting better. It's a very slow process; you can't reverse years of neglect overnight.

Al - drugs are everywhere, even in Maine.
Richard - Check the City's web site. The property tax lookup will give you the owner's name & address.

Thanks for the new flash Dave!
Like I dont know there are drugs in Maine!
"Flint is getting better, 'it's a slow process"....WOW! People have been saying that years! Aint happening yet from what I can tell. Gotta long long way to go!

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I have been down that road many times. I know who the owner is but he is not reachable and had filed for bankruptcy protection. The building actually was up for a Sheriff's sale several times (which I flew up for twice) but was canceled in the last moments. I had several conversations with the lender and the lender's attorney and made an offer with no luck. They said they were not able to sell it since the owner was in bankruptcy and therefore was protected. I explained there was no way the owner was ever going to reopen and the building has now been stripped clean and far too expensive to repair. I wouldn't buy it for the back taxes. I had a funeral director ready to partner with me and we were going to open a discount funeral home.
Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be.

Richard
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:12 pm 
last time here

"discount funeral home"?

damn...thats a great idea!!! Shocked

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

6 Generations of Genesee County

I just don't get why anyone thinks they deserve praise for what, moving? Big deal. I've moved probably 10 times in my years since college, lived in 6 different states, and yes, I CHOSE to return to this area. Why? Because it's part of who I am, and I care about it. When I lived in other places, I took pride in telling them I was from Flint. Places live in our popular culture as caracatures: everyone thinks that everyone in San Francisco is liberal and gay, that everyone in LA is a model, that everything in the south consists of small towns and reb flags. So, being from a place perceived to be so poor, dangerous and screwed up, people really thought it was something to have overcome "all that". I wore it as a badge of honor. Furthermore, all the people in college that were astonished that I was from Flint? I brought DOZENS of them here to see for themselves. They got it -- yes we have more manufacturing, but we're more similar to other cities than different from them. All cities have crime problems. They also have restaurants, bars, and all other luxuries that the civilized enjoy. I'll take Flint over Cincinnati ANY DAY.

So please, I just hate the kind of snobbery that insults people for the choices they made. If one has left and feels good about that decision, I'm happy for him. Any of us could have made the same choice, so I don't see why anyone feels entitled to a superiority complex.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:42 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My wife has a T-Shirt that says: "I'm so tough I vacation in Flint".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: