FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: If it walks like a duck.........
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Come on Hagler...those crime numbers dont lie. You and your puppeteer The Mayor can spin it any way you like.
You might be able to fool the citizens of Flint but you dont fool me.
The two of you continue to pull the wool over peoples eyes. UNREAL!!
The average citizen of Flint just isnt smart enough to realize it!
You people live in the 3rd worst place in all of America....Facts are facts!
Life is so much better in the 14th safest city in the country ...thats for damn sure!
QUACK QUACK Gary...QUACK QUACK!

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 pm 
last time here

"the average citizen of flint is'nt smart enough"

go eat another donut!!! Guy with axe

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:15 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Al works for the federal government. Razz

Below is quote from this FBI link:
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/rankingmessage.htm

Caution Against Ranking

Each year when Crime in the United States is published, some entities use reported figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rough rankings provide no insight into the numerous variables that mold crime in a particular town, city, county, state, or region. Consequently, they lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the range of unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of their population coverage or student enrollment.

See Caution Against Ranking http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/about/variables_affecting_crime.html for additional information.

Continue to Crime in the United States, 2006 http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/index.html
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'm smart enough to know that if you care, you stay here and work to make things better. Of course, cutting & running is a lot easier.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Oh please Dave! Im so tired of hearing that. You know how many people have said that to me?
Dont blame us wise people who saw the writing on the wall year ago and got the hell out of Dodge!
Im not the one caught in a rut and cant get out.
Dont blame people who decided to better themselves and raise families in safe neighborhoods where there is quality education and better yet, a good quality life.
Im tired of hearing that "we fight the fight" crap. When you have been knocked down for twelve straight rounds, its time to get out of the ring my friend! If you wait for the Judges decision, youre gonna loose dude!
Its not the fault of us who left Flint that Flint is in the shape it is!
You cant tell me that if you went up to some Gen x'er couple with 2 kids, minimum wage jobs and said "Here is your free ticket out of Hell, do not pass go and do not collect $200" They wouldnt take it??
Take off those rose colored glasses and wipe those eyes!
Most of the citizens of Flint stay in Flint because they are stuck in Flint! Thats the bottom line.
I would bet you that 80% or more of the residents of Flint would leave Flint for greener pastures if they could!
So dont blame us who made the decision to leave and bring up our families in a happy healthy and safe environment.
I sleep safe and sound in my neighborhood. Most of Flint cant say the same!
The only people Flint has to blame for their problems is themselves!
Dont blame it on GM, the schools, the blacks or the mexicans!
You made your own bed.....now lay in it!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:52 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dont blame it on GM, the schools, the blacks or the mexicans!

I figure 40+ years of liberal democrats running the show contributed greatly to the shape Flint now finds itself in. Apparently more of the same can be expected. Crying or Very sad
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:59 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

While I don't agree with your assessment on why folks choose to stay in Flint, I will agree with your, and many others, analysis of the crime numbers for this City.

The City of Flint has seen a drop in some catagories of crime; murder, rapes etc.... But the crimes that affect the quality of life for the average resident are up; robberies, B&E's etc.

People want to hear that murders are down, and that is a good thing, but really, in terms of crime affecting the average citizen, what they should be looking at is the robberies and b&e's...... It is like telling folks how sunny and beautiful the sky is while their house is burning to the ground.
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

[quote="00SL2"]Al works for the federal government. Razz

Damn straight I got a cushy government job with great benes and pay......
through hard work, determination and I wanted something better for my family!
Ive earned everything I got!
Not bad for a Flint school education and just 3 years of college!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:05 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:

Did Al just call you an idiot?
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:09 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
last time here schreef:

Did Al just call you an idiot?

If the shoe fits...............

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:43 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its not wise to call the guy paying your salary an idiot. By the way unless that "Cushy Gov Job" involves the military, post office, or homeland security, (which I highly doubht) Rolling Eyes it is more than likely some make work unnecessary waste of the tax payers dollars and could probably be eliminated without notice. Dont get too smug. Oh ya my friend LT here is far from being an idiot, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by twotap on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Oh please Dave! Im so tired of hearing that. You know how many people have said that to me?
Dont blame us wise people who saw the writing on the wall year ago and got the hell out of Dodge!

The way you keep coming here makes me wonder if you're trying to justify leaving. Otherwise, I guess you just come here to gloat at all us dummies for staying.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

thats O.K., there are a few who just don't have the balls but will
criticize at the drop of a hat!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

gee both FC and Garcia have called me an idiot.....
i just don't know what i'll do!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:44 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Its not wise to call the guy paying your salary an idiot. By the way unless that "Cushy Gov Job" involves the military, post office, or homeland security, (which I highly doubht) Rolling Eyes it is more than likely some make work unnecessary waste of the tax payers dollars and could probably be eliminated without notice. Dont get too smug. Oh ya my friend LT here is far from being an idiot, you should be ashamed of yourself.

How often you gonna edit this message? It changes each time I come on here!
Im a PreTrial Drug Investigator with the U.S. Federal Probation and PreTrial Services. I might live in one of the best cities in the country but drug dealing losers will make sure Im employed until I retire...thats for sure!
I dont see those who come on this site as your average citizen of Flint. We might not always agree but you people actually care about your town! Ninety nine percent dont actually give a shit!
LTH.....I never called you an idiot!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I am one of those who bailed out at just the right time. There is no way I could have accomplished what I have had I stayed in Flint. I visit as often as I can, literally dragging the wife along who is a Flint native too but hates the town, to visit and cruise the streets. I now only visit selected areas of Flint and only during the day, for obvious reasons.
There is no fix for Flint except to just blow it up and start over.
Richard
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: