FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FLINT SCHOOL CLOSING! Your Citizen information exchange3185
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Lunchlady I am not saying give it to them to tear down, I think that would be a great place for art lessons, dance, song etc. The buildings need to be maintained in a historic nature, currently the Flint Board of Education is not adequately maintaining these buildings.

quote:
lunchlady schreef:

quote:
They need to donate Flint Central to the Cultural Center Corp!

Why? So they can tear it down and put in a parking lot? That would look real pretty.[/quote]

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Deena
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Lunchlady I am not saying give it to them to tear down, I think that would be a great place for art lessons, dance, song etc. The buildings need to be maintained in a historic nature, currently the Flint Board of Education is not adequately maintaining these buildings.

quote:
lunchlady schreef:

quote:

Why? So they can tear it down and put in a parking lot? That would look real pretty.
[/quote]

There already ARE great places for art lessons, dance, song, etc. It's called the Cultural Center and it is on the very same campus. Only problem is those places have priced themselves right out of the market for many Flint citizens. I'd love to know where Mr. Eashoo proposes the funding for these additional lessons is to be found.

Central High School is a SCHOOL. It needs to be completely renovated and run as a school. And if the Flint Board of Education has not seen to their maintenance then it's time to find the necessary dollars to save this historic building and demonstrate that someone somewhere in Flint has enough sense to realize the gem it is.

And I'd never trust that to either the Historic Commission OR the Cultural Center. Both have already proven what they are made of.
Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:47 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

lol well I think the Flint Board of Education will abandon any plans to fully renovate that grand ole school. I am saying I know from the studies that are done they won't keep it as a school, so in order to preserve it we need to find another use. However I do agree it needs to be saved and restored as a school.

quote:
Deena schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

quote:
lunchlady schreef:

quote:

Why? So they can tear it down and put in a parking lot? That would look real pretty.

There already ARE great places for art lessons, dance, song, etc. It's called the Cultural Center and it is on the very same campus. Only problem is those places have priced themselves right out of the market for many Flint citizens. I'd love to know where Mr. Eashoo proposes the funding for these additional lessons is to be found.

Central High School is a SCHOOL. It needs to be completely renovated and run as a school. And if the Flint Board of Education has not seen to their maintenance then it's time to find the necessary dollars to save this historic building and demonstrate that someone somewhere in Flint has enough sense to realize the gem it is.

And I'd never trust that to either the Historic Commission OR the Cultural Center. Both have already proven what they are made of.[/quote]

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Deena
F L I N T O I D

Can't help but wonder why I always detect a smirk in Eashoo's posts when he is discussing destroying Flint's landmarks....
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

edit

Last edited by twotap on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:26 am 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

Exactly.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If Central was closed, and I hope it's not, where would all the students go? Bused across town? The other high schools are on the other side of town.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

[b]What??b]

quote:
Deena schreef:
Can't help but wonder why I always detect a smirk in Eashoo's posts when he is discussing destroying Flint's landmarks....

Last edited by Ryan Eashoo on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:29 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
What landmarks who those be "Deena"?
How about starting a new thread or a private email exhange? This thread's supposed to be '"FLINT SCHOOL CLOSING! Your Citizen information exchange." Confused
Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You are correct of course.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:38 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I think the costs would run higher to buss kids further!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
If Central was closed, and I hope it's not, where would all the students go? Bused across town? The other high schools are on the other side of town.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:32 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Deana and RyanEashoo need to get a room or something, sounds like sexual frustrations to me.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:49 pm 
last time here

dumb question... do they still have art, music and choir in schools?? Shocked

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:50 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

I have compiled one post as a summary of the discussion so far on the pending Flint School closing. Its the 1st post in this thread.

CONTENTS
- http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=18427#18427

Has there been a final appointment to the 30 particpants in the school closing committee? Have they met. I plan to post Linda Thompsons hand outs. Are they digital?

TRB

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
I'm fanatical about personal freedom -- that is, I can't stand legislation that is based on moral relativism and affects how I conduct my life as a consenting adult. These include:

drug laws
sex laws
illegal wiretapping
seat belt and helmet laws
and, of course, reproductive laws

In general, I'm fanatical about too many things, though.

I also feel very strongly about healthcare, because I do believe it's a universal human right; to me, it goes to the heart of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

If we didn't have a 50% tax burden we could afford our own health care. We also do not have healthcare freedom in this country. That would lower the costs of health care. It's illegal for me to go to someone that is an expert in natural medicine but not alowed to practice government.
What do you mean reproductive laws. If by that do you mean abortion? Is a baby alive? If so then why can you kill it? If not than why is it illegal when someone else to kill the baby but not a doctor? If you can kill a baby a split second before it's born then why not a split second after it.s born? It would probably be easier for the doctor to decapitate the child a split second after it's born then to go in and try and crush its skull or chemically burn it anyways. You're not the only one a little fanatical. I'm not convinced your right to kill your child outways your child's right to life.

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: