FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Questions for Walling supporters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

your right supervette..by the way..is it a stroker?? Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

why is the time screwed up on this board?? Sad Sad

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
why is the time screwed up on this board??

It aint it just shows how far out of time you libs are. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Ofcourse he will stay in Flint, now he will run for City Council, then Mayor again in 4 years!
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Will you work to make Flint better, or spend all your time whining and opposing everything?
Will Dayne stay in Flint?

The election is over; the voters have spoken. It's time to start working together for our city.

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JustinZ
F L I N T O I D

the sad fact is that no matter what pollitical side you support, Flint has become (more-so now than ever) a city divided.

the ellection was very close. Dayne may have lost, but the votes painted a clear picture.

williamson winning isn't going to change anything, and that's the problem.

I have seen and heard Walling supporters react somewhat poorly to his loss, almost as if Flint isn't worth their time anymore. But I have also seen Williamson supporters act as if there is nothing wrong, and that anyone who isn't 100% for Don is some sort of 'tard.

such is life when it comes to government.

we'll all go on doing what we care about, crying about what we don't like, and push for or oppose the things we see fit. No one's going to just roll over.

Let's just get over ourselves and get on with the good fight...whatever we may think that is.
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

it's not just Flint, it's the whole country becoming more polarized. We all have to ask ourselves what's more important; our political beliefs, or the country as a whole? neither side is 100% right or wrong. There's good ideas on both sides. The election is over; we can either work together for a better city, or spend the next 4 years at each other's throats.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

agree...partisanship counts for nothing.....
fighting the good fight is the point of civilisation.

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:48 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Will you work to make Flint better, or spend all your time whining and opposing everything?
Will Dayne stay in Flint?

Here's your answer: They can join another non profit. Steve have you told him about the political action website Flinttalk.com? I did vote for the guy but I'd rather he open up a business instead of another non-profit. We need real jobs not non-profit jobs!!!

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-47/1195737615239000.xml&coll=5
FLINT - Failed mayoral candidate Dayne Walling is moving on, but not giving up.
Walling lost to Mayor Don Williamson earlier this month by 581 votes. Now, he is forming a new nonprofit called Flint's Future Now that he said will focus on community issues and on holding elected officials accountable.
And, eventually, Walling said he'll return to politics.
"I expect to run again," Walling said. "I think just being honest, that four years is a long time in politics, but having come so close I feel a responsibility to continue to push forward."
Walling won nearly 12,000 votes and plans to tap into his network of supporters to push for a more diverse economy, safer neighborhoods and more opportunities for youth through Flint's Future Now.
"We need to continue to focus on Flint's future even though there is not an upcoming election. Too often in Flint, we only talk about issues that matter at election time," Walling said.
An organizational meeting is planned for Dec. 3 and an official kickoff is expected in January.
Walling said the group will issue monthly "action alerts" to encourage residents to get involved in the community.
For the time being, Flint's Future Now will set up shop in Walling's former campaign headquarters on Grand Traverse in Flint.
All the election materials will be packed away and the group is open to everyone, whether they supported his candidacy or not, Walling said.
He said the group also will issue report cards based on voting records for elected officials, including City Council and the Genesee County Commission.
The organization, which Walling said he plans to form as a nonprofit, is volunteer based.
Walling, who worked full-time on his campaign, said he also is continuing to pursue several job possibilities, including at a local foundation and college.

About Flint's Future Now
Focus: Diversifying the economy, creating safe neighborhoods and providing more opportunities for children
Organizational meeting: 7 p.m. Dec. 3 at 940 S. Grand Traverse, Flint
Phone: (810) 280-7684 E-mail: info@flintsfuturenow.org Web site: www.flintsfuturenow.org

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:36 am 
last time here

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thats ingenious.....a salary to issue a report card?? Confused

ahhhhh. i wasn't being fair....i wish the kid much success!!! Laughing

Last edited by last time here on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:21 pm 
necroped
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
... I'd rather he open up a business instead of another non-profit. We need real jobs not non-profit jobs!!! ...

I agree. I couldn't back the guy because he planned to cruise the country looking for other people's money to solve Flint problems. Plus I got suspicious when I saw a number of cars with Walling stickers on one side and Hillary on the other.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:21 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its OVER, its time to move on and move forward. I would hope everyone would work towards a better Flint, regardless of whom you voted for.

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: