FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Questions for Walling supporters
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Will you work to make Flint better, or spend all your time whining and opposing everything?
Will Dayne stay in Flint?

The election is over; the voters have spoken. It's time to start working together for our city.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Geez Dave, people just woke up!! Let them digest the information first. Shocked Laughing

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:43 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Maybe we'll gloat and pave a road like the good citizens.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I would bet a bunch of whining is on tap. Jeez those dems are still crying about Algores loss back in 2000. Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:08 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I haven't read all the forums, but i only seen a few negative comments about the election results... maybe there are more in the threads I did not bother to read.

easy there, kids. don't start calling out people before they've even done, or not done, anything.

I'm not really a Dayne supporter, because I never really was FOR a candidate as much as I was kinda anti-williamson's reelection, but what will probably happen is the people who have been advocating for Flint will continue advocating for Flint, and the people who really don't do much besides complain will continue to complain, and probably would've complained about something else even had Walling won.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Geez Dave, people just woke up!! Let them digest the information first. Shocked Laughing

Oh. I thought they were busy loading U-Hauls & getting out of Dodge. Razz Razz

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

i'd have to agree with tegan...crying will continue. i have to give credit
where it is due. they (demos) put up a hell of a fight! Confused Confused Confused Confused

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:28 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Oh. I thought they were busy loading U-Hauls & getting out of Dodge.

You kidding their aint a uhaul avaliable within 75mi of Flint. They all loaded and left Laughing Wink [/img]

Last edited by twotap on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:45 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

U-Haul on south side of Miller Road at Lennon Road.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:33 pm 
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
andi03 schreef:

Oh. I thought they were busy loading U-Hauls & getting out of Dodge. Razz Razz

Why would anyone leave ?

If you think that Dayne and his family are going to leave just because of loosing 1 campaign, then you obvisously don't know him.

I have a question for you; if you lost something in your hometown, would you leave ?

I didn't think so.

One final thought for all.

Better get used to his name, because you will be saying it a lot in the future.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:55 pm 
last time here

Confused actually, he seems like a nice fellow. i wish him much success
in his future..he probably will go many places politically.
Smile Smile Smile

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

He needs to work on using his hands when he talks; it really looks forced & artificial. I don't think that the party big guns getting involved helped him.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:46 am 
Ronnie
F L I N T O I D

"The election is over; the voters have spoken. It's time to start working together for our city."

It's been time.....a long time ago. Council and Mayor need to get along and frankly, I don't see that happening. Smoke and mirror show.--
Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:51 am 
Kenziemace
F L I N T O I D

Dayne and his family will not leave the city of Flint. He has a deep love for this community and he and his wife have always been committed to returning home. They are home and are here to stay. It is sad that our community is still afraid to change, to look in a direction, to see beyond tomorrow. Dayne has been and will continue to be a voice for those who want a better, stronger, and safer Flint for ALL of Flint's citizens. There may be a few tears by those of us who understood Dayne's vision but there will be no whining. There is alot of work to be done, this loss is a setback but not a defeat.

Just a side note; Flint again made national news, unfortunately, we don't look good.

This is from Wednesday's Edition of USA Today:

Michigan
Mayor
Flint (NP)
Dayne Walling 48%
Don Williamson 52% (with 90% reporting)

"Williamson, a 73-year-old businessman, defended his office against Walling, a 33-year-old Rhodes scholar with degrees from Michigan State, Oxford, the University of London, and the University of Minnesota. Williamson dismissed criticism for his criminal past -- he served more than three years in prison for crimes related to bad checks --saying it was decades ago and is old news."

Maybe it is fitting that the crime capital is led by a thug, but I think we deserve more. Maybe someday soon the rest of Flint will value itself enough to want more than status quo, and a few new garbage trucks.

Walling supporters are here to stay, we will continue to look for ways to make a brighter future for all of Flint. We have lots at stake, we live here too!
Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I assume that background checks have been run on all Walling supporters to make sure there's no "thugs" among them. What happened to the Dem's much vaunted compassion for those who have run afoul of the law? Or, does that only apply to those not considered enemies?

Ted Kennedy - lets Mary Jo drown while he hides; OK
Bill Clinton - gets oral sex in Oval Office from someone not his wife; OK
Don Williamson - serves 3 years for bad checks over 40 years ago; "EVIL THUG"

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: