FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Its cold in Davison, yet feels like Florida somehow...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
KevinMcKague
F L I N T O I D

How do you steal an election in a small Michigan city? Its easy if you own the only paper covering local issues. Print a story six days before the election falsly stating that due to a city ordinance, any votes cast for three of the four candidates for mayor will be void.

Sure, its a lie, but most people won't get a clue until after the votes are counted.

If you had asked anybody in Davison last week if Fred "Mac" Fornter stood a chance to win nearly 50% of the vote in a four-way race against very prominent competition, I doubt that even Mr. Forntner himself would have taken that bet.

Well, he just won in a landslide.

I guess Davison is merely a microcosm of the system from top to bottom. If you own the media and the right business interests, you write the script.

Read all about it: www.IndexOfErrors.blogspot.com
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well it could be worse you could Be Flint. Be happy with what ya got I lived on the edge of Davison perfect little small American city.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:22 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Maybe we could have a mayoral exchange program. How about Davison take Don Williamson as mayor and we could have Fred Fortner.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:20 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Kevin, please keep up the good fight.

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Kevin, please keep up the good fight.

Hey Ryan, are those Terri Hatcher and Jennifer Aniston as Bill's nurses?
"Open up and say AAHHHH"

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder what old Slick was in there for? STD maybe? Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:07 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

How about that Fred Thompson pic?

Thompson is a lazy bastard, hardly ever showed up during his term in the Sentate, and his beliefs are sketchy, heavy in rhetoric and punch lines, but weak in details, at least ones that sound like workable solutions to our nation's problems.

He's on TV quite a lot though, so he'll probably win.

But I digress.

The Flint Journal does not posess enough quality reporting to be worth 75 cents. The Davison Index is free, and comes to my mailbox weekly uninvited, and is still overpriced as well.

Keep the faith Ryan! Mine is running low.
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wel I gotta say heres a photo of Freds wife Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And heres one of your boys old lady Fred may be lazy but hes got good taste in women, unlike JF Kerry. Oh wait Heinz fortune well that explains it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:26 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
How about that Fred Thompson pic?

Thompson is a lazy bastard, hardly ever showed up during his term in the Sentate, and his beliefs are sketchy, heavy in rhetoric and punch lines, but weak in details, at least ones that sound like workable solutions to our nation's problems.

He's on TV quite a lot though, so he'll probably win.

But I digress.

The Flint Journal does not posess enough quality reporting to be worth 75 cents. The Davison Index is free, and comes to my mailbox weekly uninvited, and is still overpriced as well.

Keep the faith Ryan! Mine is running low.

Lazy bastard? Why, because you disagree with him politically?

Do you have a source for his attendance record in the Senate?

How about Obama?

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama has missed the most votes of any Democratic presidential hopeful in the Senate over the last two months, including a vote on an Iran resolution he has blasted Sen. Hillary Clinton for supporting."

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/02/obama.missed.votes/index.html
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Is that the best you can do Flint Conserve? Yeah, that's usually the best you ever do, isn't it. One of the first things people have been saying about Thompson since he started hinting at a run for President is complaining about his poor attendence record while in Senate. He himself had even made jokes about it. You could barely throw a rock in a room full of pundits for the past nine months and not hit somebody making a Thompson joke, and you want citations?

So, Obama has a poor record to, so? Does that automatically make Thompson qualified to lead the free world?

Oh, and if we're going to choose our Presidents based on potential first ladies, Dennis Kucinich would win. Go ahead and type "Elizabeth Kucinich" into a google.com/images search. She also wins the contest for coolest spouse, sporting a tongue ring.

If we're voting on smartest spouses, well, you know who that is, don't we?

.....Don't stop thinking about tomorrow....

www.IndexofErrors.blogspot.com
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

presenting the smartest woman to ever walk the earth. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing of course if anyone dares ask her a hard not prearranged question she is being singled out and picked on. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:00 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
Is that the best you can do Flint Conserve? Yeah, that's usually the best you ever do, isn't it. One of the first things people have been saying about Thompson since he started hinting at a run for President is complaining about his poor attendence record while in Senate. He himself had even made jokes about it. You could barely throw a rock in a room full of pundits for the past nine months and not hit somebody making a Thompson joke, and you want citations?

So, Obama has a poor record to, so? Does that automatically make Thompson qualified to lead the free world?

Oh, and if we're going to choose our Presidents based on potential first ladies, Dennis Kucinich would win. Go ahead and type "Elizabeth Kucinich" into a google.com/images search. She also wins the contest for coolest spouse, sporting a tongue ring.

.....Don't stop thinking about tomorrow....

All that anger is such a waste of energy. I've never heard any talk of Thompson's attendance.

And while I know that Obama's attendance is abysmal and hardly think 2 years in the Senate (well, sort of "in") doesn't make him qualified to be president, I'd never call him a lazy bastard.

Why don't you put aside the anger/hatred and make your case with facts rather than name calling?
Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:21 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Of course Thompson is not going to be our next Prez. But he sure does rile up the lefties look what the mere mention of his name did here. Laughing Laughing Laughing As far as Kucinch goes.RUSSERT: Shirley MacLaine writes in her new book that you sighted a UFO over her home in Washington state, that you found the encounter extremely moving, that it was a triangular craft, silent and hovering, that you felt a connection to your heart and heard directions in your mind. Now, did you see a UFO?

KUCINICH: Uh, I did. And the rest of the account. It was an unidentified flying object, OK? It's like, it's unidentified. I saw something. Now, to answer your question. I'm moving my, and I'm also going to move my campaign office to Roswell, New Mexico, and another one in Exeter, New Hampshire, OK? And also, you have to keep in mind that Jimmy Carter saw a UFO, and also that more people in this country have seen UFOs than I think approve of George Bush's presidency
Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:38 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

oh, puleez, spare me the sactimony. You know what I hate? Fake outrage, and its so common today. You say I'm full of hate, huh? I suppose the comments about President Clinton and his wife were out of love?

And another thing, you all seem to have trouble making your arguments fit the statements of those with whom you are arguing . Re-read what I said about Elizabeth Kucinich. Do you see anywhere in that an endorsement of her husband? When you point out his many flaws (must be out of love again), with whom are you arguing? Not me, certainly.

Whatever, carry on...

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: