FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Don & Patsy sued over fraud
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

Here you go....read on

http://securities.stanford.edu/1028/UBYH03-01/20031112_r01c_0361165.html

Exclamation

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:12 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Two of how many defendants? Timing, just before the election, just a coincidence?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Two of how many defendants? Timing, just before the election, just a coincidence?

You didn't see the date at the bottom of the filing did you ?

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
supervette79 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

7 years ago. Why bring it up now? Dane getting desperate?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
supervette79 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

"Respectfully submitted, this 12th day of November, 2003."

That is 7 years ago ?

Also, if you are a retired UAW worker, how are you supporting a man who dumped feces on union members who were on strike ?

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:13 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
supervette79 schreef:
Here you go....read on

Why do you find it necessary to duplicate RAP's post at http://flinttalk.com/about5467.html except to put Williamson's name on subject line? Read on further in her post and you'll find the complaint you're producing was dismissed:

quote:
Excerpt from RAP's post: Conclusion: On October 12 2004, the Court entered Final Order signed by U.S. District Judge William J. Zloch granting the defendants motion to dismiss the amended complaint. All pending motions were denied as moot, and the case was closed. Recently, on April 5, 2006, the Court entered the Order signed by Judge William J. Zloch denying without prejudice a defendant s motion for mandatory review regarding plaintiffs' non-compliance with Fed.R.Civ.P. 11(b); denying without prejudice the same defendant s motion for imposition of sanctions; and, denying without prejudice another defendants motion for imposition of sanctions.

The class action lawsuit against 57 Defendants, including certain former officers and directors of UBuy Holdings Inc. (Other OTC:UBYH) alleging various violations of both Federal and State securities laws, rules and regulations was filed on June 16, 2003 in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Division. The lawsuit centers around a "pump and dump" scheme in E-PAWN.COM'S common stock from January through June of 2000. The scheme resulted in Federal Criminal Indictments in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York which was filed on June 14, 2000 against four individuals . The action seeks damages on behalf of investors.
You want dirt, dig and find court documents for the four individuals who were criminally charged!
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:48 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

LMAO that was 7 years ago. Down with Dayne. Dayne needs to move out of FLINT!
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 pm 
last time here

man oh man..these kats are desperate. tell you what vette.
if you ever amass a multimillion dollar empire, i guarantee
you'll spend money on lawyers also...thats the nature of the beast.
Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:41 pm 
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
LMAO that was 7 years ago. Down with Dayne. Dayne needs to move out of FLINT!

you need a calender and all of your fingers to add....and also bring something more to add than a 3rd grade demeanor.

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:34 pm 
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
man oh man..these kats are desperate. tell you what vette.
if you ever amass a multimillion dollar empire, i guarantee
you'll spend money on lawyers also...thats the nature of the beast.
Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

I am not desperate.....Flint is.

The problem is that you can't even see it.

Sad...

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:36 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Ok, I did follow the case a year or so ago April 5, 2006. What I BELIEVE happened..Fed indictments in New York took precidence and the FLA court case was put on hold until it MAY Have gone beyond the statute of limitations.

New York crime family "persons" went to jail, under murder charges etc. Don't exactly remember all charges. It was publicized that there was connection between these two cases had no proof of connection.

Still I believe the case was not tried in FLA court while these "not connected" Fed charges were pursued, investigated and charged.

I think, I remember reading somewhere that the statute of limitations cause the judge to dismiss the FLA class action suit as moot.

I remember recently something about "The Don" mentioning the jet formerly owned by his corp.

The mention of the Jet reminded me of this alleged fraud case. Read into it whatever your mind and heart desires.

I am not in anyones camp...just thought that if this dismissed case sticks in my mind..that I would share this info.

make up your own mind if 1.2 billion $ fraud case has any bearing as dismissed.

Then again perhaps you don't want to read all that.

PEACE,
RAP

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
supervette79 schreef:
Here you go....read on

Why do you find it necessary to duplicate RAP's post at http://flinttalk.com/about5467.html except to put Williamson's name on subject line? Read on further in her post and you'll find the complaint you're producing was dismissed:

quote:
Excerpt from RAP's post: Conclusion: On October 12 2004, the Court entered Final Order signed by U.S. District Judge William J. Zloch granting the defendants motion to dismiss the amended complaint. All pending motions were denied as moot, and the case was closed. Recently, on April 5, 2006, the Court entered the Order signed by Judge William J. Zloch denying without prejudice a defendant s motion for mandatory review regarding plaintiffs' non-compliance with Fed.R.Civ.P. 11(b); denying without prejudice the same defendant s motion for imposition of sanctions; and, denying without prejudice another defendants motion for imposition of sanctions.

The class action lawsuit against 57 Defendants, including certain former officers and directors of UBuy Holdings Inc. (Other OTC:UBYH) alleging various violations of both Federal and State securities laws, rules and regulations was filed on June 16, 2003 in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Division. The lawsuit centers around a "pump and dump" scheme in E-PAWN.COM'S common stock from January through June of 2000. The scheme resulted in Federal Criminal Indictments in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York which was filed on June 14, 2000 against four individuals . The action seeks damages on behalf of investors.
You want dirt, dig and find court documents for the four individuals who were criminally charged!

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

where is the bedliner factory?

Peace,
Rap

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 am 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

From CNN Money...

Feds nab 120 for fraud
June 14, 2000: 6:23 p.m. ET

Mob members, securities dealers, charged with bilking victims of more than $50 million

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - In what authorities are calling the largest securities-fraud bust in U.S. history, 120 defendants -- including members of all five New York City Mafia crime families and the treasurer of New York City's police-detectives pension fund -- were indicted Wednesday for allegedly participating in a securities-fraud scheme involving racketeering and physical violence and costing investors $50 million.

FBI and SEC officials said this case represents an emerging trend of the New York crime families banding together to infiltrate the securities markets. However, they pointed out that they have not infiltrated the mainstream securities markets, but a small portion of the low-price securities, or "micro-cap," market.

The result of a 10-month investigation called Operation Uptick were sixteen indictments and seven criminal complaints, issued in connection with the publicly traded securities of 19 companies and the private placement of securities of 16 companies over five years, including the fast-food chain Ranch*1.

Among those indicted were: 11 alleged members and associates of organized crime; 57 licensed and unlicensed stockbrokers; three recruiters of corrupt brokers; 12 stock promoters; 30 officers, directors or other "insiders" of the companies issuing the securities; two accountants; an attorney; an investment adviser and a hedge fund manager. Defendants could face jail terms ranging from five to 80 years.

Mary Jo White, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, Barry Mawn, assistant director of the New York office of the FBI, and Richard Walker, director of enforcement for the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, announced the indictments at a press conference in lower Manhattan Wednesday.

"This is the largest securities fraud takedown in history," said White. [WAV 428KB] [AIF 428KB]

Charges included racketeering, securities fraud, pension fund fraud, bribery of brokers and union officials, extortion, money laundering, witness tampering and solicitation to commit murder in nationwide security schemes worth more than $50 million, White said.

The methods used, she said, included "controlling crews of corrupt brokers, sometimes entire branches of brokerage firms, bribing other brokers to sell and fraudulently inflate the price of stocks, running high-pressure boiler rooms, bribing union officials and fiduciaries to breach their duty to their members, and using violence and threats of violence to enforce and tighten the enterprise's criminal grip."

The enterprise was "enhanced by the use and abuse of the Internet," White said, alleging that e-mail blitzes were sent to prospects -- often senior citizens -- "to fraudulently hype stocks."

Early Wednesday morning, 600 FBI agents and police officers arrested 98 of the 120 defendants in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Illinois, Utah and California.

This was the largest number of people ever arrested at one time on securities-fraud-related charges, and one of the largest number ever arrested in a criminal case of any kind. White said more arrests were expected. The defendants were all being arraigned in Federal court in Manhattan Wednesday.

'Fraud central'

The charges involve schemes in which members of a central brokerage center called DMN Capital Investments Inc. -- operated by men with links to the Bonanno and Colombo crime families, namely Salvatore Piazza, 48, of Howard Beach, N.Y., and James S. Labate, 45, of Staten Island - allegedly infiltrated licensed broker/dealers, bribing them to sell penny stocks, some of which were for dummy companies, to unsuspecting investors, many of whom were senior citizens.

DMN Capital was "fraud central," White said. "It was truly an investment bank to the crooked and the corrupt."

Since last December, the FBI has secretly bugged the company's offices, she said, recording more than 1,000 hours of conversation that led officials to conclude, "The degree and reach of this racketeering enterprise knew no bounds."

One of the companies in which investors were allegedly duped into investing was called Wamex Holdings Inc., which had a market capitalization of $184 million and was supposedly set to initiate a new alternative stock-trading system on July 4, SEC officials said. The company -- of which little financial information is available -- went so far as to put a banner advertisement on the Yahoo! Web portal this morning and had planned to initiate a television-ad campaign, officials said.

"The company never engaged in any illegal activity and it has no relationship with the mob," said Sascha Mundstein, who identified himself as Wamex's chief operating officer.

The defendants were also indicted for allegedly making illegal private placements of shares of the Ranch*1 fast-food chain and companies called Manhattan Soup Man and Jackpot Entertainment.

Two officers of the Ranch*1 chain, Sebastian Rametta and James F. Chickara, are among those charged with racketeering and are alleged associates of the Colombo crime family.

One of the defendants, Allen Wolfson, a Salt Lake City, Utah securities dealer, allegedly bribed brokers to promote the shares of such small cap companies as Beautymerchant.com, Learner's World Inc., Rollerball International Inc., Healthwatch Inc. and HYTK Industries Inc. Wolfson and his associates received at least $7 million in profits from that scheme.

According to the SEC, DMN Capital, the New York-based brokerage house, also acquired majority shares of four companies -- Spaceplex Amusement Centers, Reclaim Inc., Beachport Entertainment Group Inc. and International Nursing Services Inc. -- and then bribed securities brokers to illegally push shares of those companies to consumers. The brokers got about $3 million in bribes for their participation in the scheme, according to the agency. The principals of DMN, Salvatore Piazza and James Labate, allegedly netted $5 million in profit from the scheme.

Another fraudulent company in which investors were duped into investing was a software company called E-Pawn, with a market capitalization of $198 million. That company had an interest in a smaller Brooklyn company called Learner's World Inc., an alleged Brooklyn day-care center, which had planned to go public in 1999. Authorities say that organized crime netted $3.5 million from the initial 2000 shares in Learner's World that were to be issued.
Officials suspended trading in Wamex and E-Pawn Wednesday morning "based on inaccurate or incomplete information about those companies presently in the marketplace," said Richard Walker of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Crime families' muscle a factor

Several of the defendants were also charged with threats of physical violence and murder against licensed stockbrokers to force their participation in the schemes. Some stockbrokers were allegedly beaten up for not cooperating.

Another part of the indictment included Stephen E. Gardell, a retired New York City police detective, who, as treasurer of the New York City Detectives' Endowment Association, allegedly took kickbacks from Piazza and Labate to make illegal investments on behalf of the detective's pension fund. Money from this scheme was funneled into offshore accounts and eventually made its way back to the Bonanno crime family, officials said.

In that scheme, corrupt securities industry professionals were allegedly put in charge of managing the detective unions' pension funds, who in turn structured the investments to divert a portion of the funds to the defendants, authorities said.

Frank A. "Frankie" Persico, the alleged Colombo crime family associate, was treasurer of Production Workers Local 400, another union targeted by the racketeering scheme, officials said.

Gardell, the retired detective, also allegedly leaked confidential law enforcement information about organized crime, helped obtain gun permits for organized crime figures, and influenced the outcome of a New York Police Department investigation into the activities of one of the defendants.

Gardell also allegedly secured parking permits for organized crime members, the complaint said.

Other prominent figures indicted in these schemes include Colombo crime family associates Frank A. Persico and Anthony Stropoli, and Bonanno crime family associate Robert Lino.

Some of the 21 broker dealers and financial firms allegedly infiltrated include Monitor Investment Group Inc., Meyers Pollock and Robbins, First Liberty Investment Group Inc., William Scott & Co., Atlantic General Financial Group, First Fidelity Co., and Bryn Mawr Investment Co.

Officials said plans are in the works to repay some of the investors who were bilked out of their money and that the integrity of the New York City detective's pension fund was not affected.

Though the alleged use of the Internet is a recent development among criminals, Assistant FBI Director Barry Mawn said, many of the practices were familiar: "No matter what market the mob tries to infiltrate, from the fish market to the stock market, their methods are always the same: violence and the threat of violence."

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
supervette79 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
supervette79 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

"Respectfully submitted, this 12th day of November, 2003."

That is 7 years ago ?

Also, if you are a retired UAW worker, how are you supporting a man who dumped feces on union members who were on strike ?

Because I think for myself. Lat time I looked, it was still a free country.

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:54 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
supervette79 schreef:
Here you go....read on

Exclamation
The Second Amended Complaint you reference is is dated Nov. 12, 2003. On Oct. 12, 2004 there was a "Final ORDER granting motion to dismiss amended complaint and dismissing amended complaint; and all pending motions are denied as moot...." Dec. 12, 2004, CASE CLOSED.

Additionally, Patsy Lou Williams filed motion Oct. 22,2004 seeking clarification of Order dated Dec.12, 2004. Here's the resulting Order dated Nov. 9, 2004:

Case 0:03-cv-61165-WJZ Document 212 Entered on FLSD Docket 11/10/2004
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; Case No. 03-61165-DIV-ZLOCH

UBUY HOLDINGS, INC. f/k/a E-PAWN.COM, INC., a Nevada corporation and STEVEN BAZSULY, individually, and for and on the behalf of all shareholders of UBUY HOLDINGS, INC., f/k/a E-PAWN.COM, INC., Plaintiffs, vs. RICHARD GLADSTONE, et al.,Defendants.

ORDER

This Matter is before the Court upon Defendant Patsy Lou Williamson's Motion for Clarification (DE 207). The Court has carefully reviewed said Motion and the entire court file and is otherwise fully advised in the premises.

The Court dismissed the above-styled cause by entering a Final Order of Dismissal (DE 204) on October 12, 2004. The forementioned Order (DE 204) granted Defendants Sports Resorts International, Inc. and Donald J. Williamson's Motion To Dismiss Plaintiff's Amended Complaint (DE 57). In the instant Motion (DE 207), Defendant Patsy Lou Williamson seeks clarification as to whether the Final Order of Dismissal dismissed her from the above-styled cause. The Court notes that in dismissing the above-styled cause, the action was dismissed as to all Defendants.

DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, this 9th day of November, 2004.

s/William J. Zloch, Chief United States District Judge

Copies furnished: All counsel of record
[End document]
Source: http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/index.html

You can actually review the entire court docket at this source.
Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:07 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: