FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: To all those that "love Flint", but don;t live her
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
There's another neighbor with the opposite problem. She desperately wants her 14 year old son to go to school, while he'd rather hang out with his thug buddies. He gets picked up by the police, and she gets called to pick him up. I've taken her to pick him up, since she has no car, & he's laughing like it's all a joke. You can drop him off at the door to the school, and he'll go in the front & right our the back. He mouths off to her & dares her to slap him, so he can claim child abuse. It's a sad situation, and nobody seems to be able to help her.
What would happen if when mom gets call from the police she would tell them to take him downtown and let him appear before a judge for his (mis)behaviors. Certainly they can enforce the truancy ordinance. If he's running with thugs now it's gonna get worse instead of better. Simply ignoring is to enable the continued misbehavior.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
]What would happen if when mom gets call from the police she would tell them to take him downtown and let him appear before a judge for his (mis)behaviors. Certainly they can enforce the truancy ordinance. If he's running with thugs now it's gonna get worse instead of better. Simply ignoring is to enable the continued misbehavior.

She tried that, and was told that since she answered the phone she has to pick him up or be charged with neglect. This was exactly the situation back in the mid 90's when my wife ended up assaulted by a neighbor kid.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
or some other hokey reason.

Holy Moly Deena when I first read that I thought you said Honkey. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:
]What would happen if when mom gets call from the police she would tell them to take him downtown and let him appear before a judge for his (mis)behaviors. Certainly they can enforce the truancy ordinance. If he's running with thugs now it's gonna get worse instead of better. Simply ignoring is to enable the continued misbehavior.
She tried that, and was told that since she answered the phone she has to pick him up or be charged with neglect. This was exactly the situation back in the mid 90's when my wife ended up assaulted by a neighbor kid.
There are school counselors, superintendent and truant officers(?) Request a meeting. Or contact the Chief's office and ask about the programs they're starting for kids. At one of our community watch meetings two mothers told about having similar problems with their boys and Inspector Dicks met with them to see how he could assist. You might check with him, too. I know it's an exasperating problem, not only within the family but within the schools and community, too.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I remember watching a little 14 year old punk go thru the same motions as this little wannabe is up to. Kicked out of school, robbing other kids at knife point, stealing stuff, doing drugs, the whole scene. Mom and dad enrole the little loser in some alternative ED deal which of course he screws up. Little piece of crap turns 17 and him and one of his useless punk buddies break into an elderly mans house and proceed to beat the fellow to death, steal his gun and car and joy ride into Flint. Twisted Evil Next day they are arrested and eventually he is sentenced to life with out parole, his pal gets like 25years. We find out later his equally useless mom had taken his blood stained clothing and disposed of it in a dumpster. Why she was not charged is still a mystery. And this was not some low income uneducated family who had raised the little perp but a well to do couple. Heres hoping they both belong to some rather large fellow who rents them out for the evening for a pack of smokes. These folks better do what they can to get their little gangsta under control and do it now. Evil or Very Mad
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:56 pm 
last time here

it would be nice if sheriff pickell instituted a "scared straight" program.
really play it up...scare the crap out of them!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
make them think about real prison life!!!

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:03 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
it would be nice if sheriff pickell instituted a "scared straight" program.
really play it up...scare the crap out of them!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
make them think about real prison life!!!

Link
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:29 pm 
last time here

damn!!!!! Shocked Shocked

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:36 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
it would be nice if sheriff pickell instituted a "scared straight" program. really play it up...scare the crap out of them!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil make them think about real prison life!!!
LTH, do you remember the docudrama "Scared Straight" aired on TV many years ago? I think it would be a great idea if this could be incorporated into school curriculum for early teens, show it to the entire school in the gym. Then have student discussion moderated by police authorities who work with kids on a daily basis, and maybe prosecutor and judges, too. Make sure all the troublemakers are in the audience!

Source for the DVD is:
http://www.docurama.com/productdetail.html?productid=NV-NVG-9558
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 pm 
last time here

yes i do double OH....i always wondered why it didn't continue.....
this would be perfect for some of these hardasses!!!!
i think it would be too easy for the kids to laugh in a gym setting.
it should be close and personal. let them smell the breath and body
odor of the prisoners while they yell at the little tough guys!!!
bring a couple real big, mean and nasty prisoners in with hand cuffs
and leg irons. unshaven, hair matted and smelly, the prisoners would
love the chance to instill a little acting to their performance. the kids
will have to be totally intimidated!!!!!!! i don't know how the kids would
be chosen because i'm sure if shown to all the kids, some of the nicer
ones would have nightmares thus getting their parents in a mood to
complain and sue, but if they were instructed to go by a judge, well
thats another thing. if their bad enough to be sent to the "play" their
parents will have nothing to say but "shut up and pay attention"!!

what say you 00SL2?

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey lT is that new avatar supposed to be a bleeding heart liberal? Laughing
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:11 pm 
last time here

ha ha ha ha ha i KNEW 2tap would make a partisan association!!!
and yet ANOTHER DOZEN KRISPY KREMES for 2tap and johnny engler!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey LT ever see the Krispy Kream dream girl calender. Check this out. Laughing http://www.funlol.com/funpages/krispy-kreme-calendar.html
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:30 pm 
last time here

holy maceral andy!?>!?!?!? Shocked Shocked Shocked
i'm goin' on a diet!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
yes i do double OH....i always wondered why it didn't continue.....this would be perfect for some of these hardasses!!!! ***what say you 00SL2?
I understand what you're saying about it being too easy for kids to laugh. When I said gym, I meant "auditorium" and I don't think they would be so tempted to laugh with authorities in attendance. You have a point about including burly prisoners as part of the program. Maybe the sheriff could oblige, but the prisoners we're talking about don't do their hard time at the county jail, nor would parents be so likely to approve their being there in person. I think if the program were presented as a special workshop to all students as part of their curriculum, with open dialog between students and authorities following, and maybe having the kids write a report about it afterward, it would more likely be acceptable and even considered helpful to many parents. Kids could be encouraged to write about their ideas for preventing crime.

Maybe it should be shown to the kids entering the juvenile facility on Pasadena, too.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: