FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Former educator favors un-educated Williamson for Mayor

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

I received a computer generated form letter from a former educator encouraging me to vote for The Don last week. To say I am disappointed in this Teacher, who taught at Flint Central is mild. This "educator" who, 1. couldn't even take the time to hand write his letter and 2. Endorses a man with a 9TH GRADE EDUCATION!!!

You're a Teacher for God's sake!

You're a damn disgrace to all the teachers who strive to make this world a better place through your craft. I hope all the people who walked the halls in your tenure take you task for your "endorsement" of this crook.

You know who you are..
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:55 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I myself would never take too seriously the political recomendations of any educator unless I had first hand knowledge of just where their core values lie.

Last edited by twotap on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 am 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Your post has nothing to do with my topic. Please remove it.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What's more important; how much education you have, or how much you've done with the education you have?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Well Don's education seems to have worked if you want to learn how to kite checks or start an auto theft ring. Taking credit for other people's hard work or taking credit for roads paved that had nothing to do with Don would seem to indicate that a 9th grade education is just about what you would need...
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Your post has nothing to do with my topic. Please remove it.

Now it does.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:27 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

You set too high a standard for teachers at Central! My personal experience showed the entire school possessed 3-4 educators and the rest were merely semi-aware and barely capable babysitters.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

This is getting better all the time. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:05 pm 
last time here

actually, 2taps response has everything to do with your plea.
so uh..your saying a businessman who, in spite of a 9th. grade
education has no business running a city??? i'm sure all the men
in your family did'nt have a college education and i'm sure some
of them may have made a great mayor also.. be careful with that
"holier than thou" attitude. i guarantee you, sooner or later that
attitude will come back to bite you young man...............
Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:47 pm 
last time here

by the way!! welcome back mole!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:48 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Like lt here just stated . Because someone either he or she has managed to obtain a BS in education from some probably leftist university does not ( contrary to what they have been led to believe by some whacko professor) make their opinion more valid than someone with good old common sense. Lets not forget that this guy is just a sample or a prime example of a product of higher learning. Presenting Ward Churchill.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:51 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

It has been said we learn the most the best, and remember the longest, from the school of hard knocks. All the book learnin' in the world won't help if you don't use common sense. Wink
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Like lt here just stated . Because someone either he or she has managed to obtain a BS in education from some probably leftist university does not ( contrary to what they have been led to believe by some whacko professor) make their opinion more valid than someone with good old common sense. Lets not forget that this guy is just a sample or a prime example of a product of higher learning. Presenting Ward Churchill.

I didn't know them loonylibs believed in firearms. Oh, wait, I forgot. Guns for me, not for you.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Was it MICHAEL VANCE? He is a good guy, the smart people know Don williamson will help flint grow.

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
I received a computer generated form letter from a former educator encouraging me to vote for The Don last week. To say I am disappointed in this Teacher, who taught at Flint Central is mild. This "educator" who, 1. couldn't even take the time to hand write his letter and 2. Endorses a man with a 9TH GRADE EDUCATION!!!

You're a Teacher for God's sake!

You're a damn disgrace to all the teachers who strive to make this world a better place through your craft. I hope all the people who walked the halls in your tenure take you task for your "endorsement" of this crook.

You know who you are..
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: