FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Area unemployment worst in the state up to 8.3%
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

By gosh Ryan your right, I know lets raise taxes again that will straighten things out.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:08 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
By gosh Ryan your right, I know lets raise taxes again that will straighten things out.

twotap,

GOOD GRIEF, one can not tax their way to prosperity, but the politician don't know that.

i notice that none of the fat cat politicians look like they are doing poorly, in fact it appears none of them have missed a meal in ages. anyway once hilliary care starts we as a nation will all be better off. Ha-ha, we will see just how cheap and free health care can really be once da hildabeast gets into office.

remember, if it sounds too good to be true then it is too good to be true.

our whole political system is corrupt and unfortunately the working class and former working class (michigan) has to bear the brunt of a crooked system.

sigh.

david
san diego
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:55 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

deleted

Last edited by FlintConservative on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 am 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

All automakers have parts that are built outside the states. You will not find one single auto on the road that was built with 100% USA made parts. Even auto built in the US have parts from Canada, Mexico, England, Japan, Brazil and Germany. Oh and there are still parts makers in the States.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:47 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't overlook today's announcement by GM that they will build their alternative fuels research center in Shanghai.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey FC

I may be polar opposite of what you are in political ideology, but Deb is a really nice woman in a personal context and appearances don't matter, just think about that please, I am kind of upset by that post.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Okay LTH. Smile

Isn't four years plenty of time for the current Gov. to turn things around? She could have used the strong armed tactics for this budget 3-4 years ago, why didn't she?

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:57 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Okay LTH. Smile

Isn't four years plenty of time for the current Gov. to turn things around? She could have used the strong armed tactics for this budget 3-4 years ago, why didn't she?

Maybe, because she'd rather blame others than try to solve a problem.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey DS, that goes for a majority of people unfortunately.

We have had a Republican controlled legislature for the last 5 years or so, why haven't things been changed? Maybe no one can answer my question....dunno. I can't even answer it.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It seems like no matter who's in there, they'd rather just let things drag out & let the next bunch solve the problems. I used to see that at work; make no decision that you may be called on later.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:38 pm 
last time here

alas..................woe is me............
it'll never change........

south america!! here i come!!! Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:36 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

LTH

Do you think that all is doom and gloom?

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

hello,

i live in san diego but am a member of this board because my mother lives in flint and i do go visit her yearly for several months. i grew up in michigan and left in 1968 at 18 years of age.

i remember the great manufacturing industry that michigan once was. on the positive side we have seen commericals here on television stating "come to michigan" with an actor called jeff daniels. seems jenny is trying. what i do not understand is why did you michiganders gave her another 4 years? if something is not working yet you do the same thing then can one not expect the same results? same goes for your mayor.

give 'em 4 and then no more! unless of course your lot in life has gotten better.

i like michigan but will never live there again. as stated my mother lives in flint, i grew up in detroit and still have relatives up north.

we in california fired/recalled our governor gray davis and maybe it is time for you folks to think about a regime change. "off with their heads."

just my 2 cents worth.

david
san diego
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am 
last time here

honestly andi. i guess at my age and considering the idealism i
once had for america (ex-hippy), i'm just tired of the rat race
and tired of all the negativity between people."your this!! your that!!
i am really considering, after my boy gets a good lead on life of
moving outta here. Wink Wink

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:46 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
(ex-hippy),

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:37 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: