FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Walling ='s UNEMPLOYED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
supervette79 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
In my neighborhood, nobody knows anything about Walling. No campaigning in this area at all.

I would love to know where you live, because I personally have been out knocking on doors.

Care to share ?

Milbourne, between Dayton & Hamilton.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

That's funny, because I drove Dupont from Chervolet all the way to Pierson rd last night and there were quite a few Walling signs in yards..
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:24 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
That's funny, because I drove Dupont from Chervolet all the way to Pierson rd last night and there were quite a few Walling signs in yards..

Dupont's 3 blocks East of me.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

So you don't consider that to be your neighborhood??

You must have a very small worldview then...
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:49 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:

It's possible to get a sign without being visited by a campaign worker.
If the Walling people campaigned on Dupont, that's fine, but they were not on my street. Given all the talk about knocking on doors, i thought they'd have covered the entire city.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:18 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

So you don't consider an area 3 blocks from your home your neighborhood? That was the question. You could have called one of the offices at anytime and asked if the had covered your area. It would have been just a phone call and you would know for certain. But from my observations, from what I've seen with my own two eyes, the Walling campaign had been in that area.

On the flip side, I never saw a single Williamson campaigner in my neighborhood,not one. I had one phone call from them a few weeks ago and that's it.
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I talked to a Walling campaign worker at St. Michael's before the "debate". He wrote down the street & said he'd make sure someone came by. I asked if the "Neighborhood Action Teams" would include people from the neighborhoods & he suggested I check Dayne's web site. I told him I had, but the info wasn't there, & he said that I could ask Dayne inside. I wrote out the question, and it was the first one asked. Dayne's answer was a regurgitation of what was on the web site. If a person wants a vote, he should be able to answer a simple question.

When Hoodrow was running for reelection some years ago, he came down our street campaigning. We were sitting on the porch, and he walked right by our house. I wanted to talk to him , so I called our: "Mr. Mayor". The cop walking with him put his hand on his gun as I walked up to the Mayor to ask him ti please try to get more Police Officers on the streets. He kept walking and said: "That's a complicated issue". I'm sure my skin color had nothing to do with it. And now, Stanley endorses Walling?

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:13 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

How true Dave Star! if you sleep with dogs your going to get fleas
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:28 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Citizens’ concerns for their neighborhoods currently fall through the cracks of separate
departments that lack consistent coordination. People make calls until they find someone
willing to listen, and even then a response is not assured. This leaves our existing
neighborhood groups and block clubs without adequate support. The Neighborhood
Action Teams will create a partnership between the people and City Hall to achieve real
results. This will flip the current top-down decision making process and empower
neighbors to work together, while making all the departments of City Hall directly
accountable to the people.

I think that's pretty cllear that the people would be involved..
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
Citizens’ concerns for their neighborhoods currently fall through the cracks of separate
departments that lack consistent coordination. People make calls until they find someone
willing to listen, and even then a response is not assured. This leaves our existing
neighborhood groups and block clubs without adequate support. The Neighborhood
Action Teams will create a partnership between the people and City Hall to achieve real
results. This will flip the current top-down decision making process and empower
neighbors to work together, while making all the departments of City Hall directly
accountable to the people.

I think that's pretty cllear that the people would be involved..

No details of who, exactly, would be on the "teams". If there's no support for block clubs now, why did I just get a call from Community Policing verifying the dates & times of our meetings? An officer from Neighborhood Policing is at all of out meetings, giving us the crime stats for our area, tips on making the neighborhood safer, and asking for our concerns. If there's no coordination between departments, why, if I call the wrong one, do they immediately switch my call to the correct department?

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:08 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

I'm sorry about your encounter with Stanley. I've had bad encounters with Don Williamson, so I'm not voting for him. Just like I'm not voting for Woodrow Stanley. I'm voting for Walling because he is different, he is going to make a change.

What difference will it make if Don is in for another 4 years and we get a few more miles of roads paved? Will it help unemployment? Will it keep criminals off those freshly paved streets?

If Don wants to run on his streets and clean ups, why doesn't he get a job with MDOT or as a County Commissoner? Because Don wants to be in control and he wants to be able to do things his way, without regard for the rest of us. Walling wants all of Flint to be a better place, not just for his friends and family, unlike Don who only wants to set up his cronies and boot-lickers with a city paid pension and a 70K/year job.

Don Williamson will do NOTHING for the city in the next 4 years if he gets elected again. NOTHING. I'm not willing to mortgage the future of my family on a 73 year old megalomaniac..
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:09 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

I don't know, why did you get a call? Obviously there have been more concerns from other block clubs not having the situation your club enjoys. You should be glad of it. Where does Walling say that that kind of thing is going to stop? Nowhere. Not that I could do anything to change your mind now, but hey, that's life...

anyways..We have to look to the future of this city. I understand that different people at different stages of their lives look at things differently, but I'm looking at the future for my kids and Williamson is the antithesis of everything I want to happen here. Walling represents all the things I need for my family to continue to live here.

case closed.

edited for spelling

Last edited by R. Lebeau on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:26 pm 
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:

It's possible to get a sign without being visited by a campaign worker.
If the Walling people campaigned on Dupont, that's fine, but they were not on my street. Given all the talk about knocking on doors, i thought they'd have covered the entire city.

It is ILLEGAL to put a sign on someone's property without the permission of the landowner.

Next....

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

All you have to do is stop by the campaign office, give them your name & address, and get a sign.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I didnt have no sleezy poilticans ringing my door bell, of course they would have had to get past Dolly in order to do it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:28 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: