FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Walling ='s UNEMPLOYED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Lets face it Dayne Walling has moved back to Flint less than a year ago, this boy needs a job. Now he wants the $135,000 plus benefits. Do we want someone just wanting to be mayor of Genesee County's biggest city just to collect a check?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:24 pm 
mousefrost
F L I N T O I D

Do you honestly think that just because Williamson only takes a dollar pay that he is saving the City money?? Where do you think all the money is coming from that pays for all his cronies jobs? Where do you think all the money is coming from that he gives the churches? It all comes from the tax payers pockets!! All that money going out is from the City coffers, so if he's that rich, why isn't he paying for it himself?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mousefrost schreef:
Where do you think all the money is coming from that he gives the churches? It all comes from the tax payers pockets!!
Serious response: Do you know which account it's being charged to?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:10 pm 
last time here

the same accounts that stanley, collier, sharpe, rutherford, mcree and all
the other mayors charged their "contributions" to. surely you are aware
they all did the same thing? Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:20 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

YES! The Mayor and City Council have always given money away, they have accounts and monies for that purpose.

quote:
mousefrost schreef:
Do you honestly think that just because Williamson only takes a dollar pay that he is saving the City money?? Where do you think all the money is coming from that pays for all his cronies jobs? Where do you think all the money is coming from that he gives the churches? It all comes from the tax payers pockets!! All that money going out is from the City coffers, so if he's that rich, why isn't he paying for it himself?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Stanley gave Otis Floyd's church monies before out of that fund.

quote:
last time here schreef:
the same accounts that stanley, collier, sharpe, rutherford, mcree and all
the other mayors charged their "contributions" to. surely you are aware
they all did the same thing? Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
YES! The Mayor and City Council have always given money away, they have accounts and monies for that purpose.
I know the council members have funds, but I didn't know the mayor had a similar fund. I also know the council members' "funds" are much less individually than the mayor has donated. Again, I ask what account all the mayor's donations are being made from or charged to--if anyone knows for certain. How is this accounted for in the budget?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:15 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Aren't these actions against the Constitution of Michigan?

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
I know the council members have funds, but I didn't know the mayor had a similar fund. I also know the council members' "funds" are much less individually than the mayor has donated. Again, I ask what account all the mayor's donations are being made from or charged to--if anyone knows for certain. How is this accounted for in the budget?

I'm not sure what the account is called; officeholder's discretionary account, or something like that. Every account probably has a number assigned to it, so it may take a bit of digging to match account numbers to descriptions.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
Lets face it Dayne Walling has moved back to Flint less than a year ago, this boy needs a job. Now he wants the $135,000 plus benefits. Do we want someone just wanting to be mayor of Genesee County's biggest city just to collect a check?

He's here to help the Democratic Party establishment "take back" control of Flint. Don's not one of their little clique, and they're pissed. They feel they have a "divine right" to control this city. Dane's just another professional politician that's never held a job in the private sector.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:

I don't know, andi, but I'd love to find out.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:14 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

This seems to say a bunch!!!! Good points.

http://www.atheists.org/legal/Detroit/complaint.html

I am NOT an atheist but I do not like the idea of government giving monies to churches in any way, shape or form. Government should not be beholden to churches and vice versa.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:58 am 
mousefrost
F L I N T O I D

The City Council does have a special account for each Ward where they can donate monies to non-profit groups in their Wards. The Mayor doesn't-he takes the money out of the City Administrators account or which ever account in his budget that has money in it.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:21 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:

Since when has the law mattered to The Don?
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:31 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I'd like to know what is so great about private sector work that uniquely qualifies someone for a public sector job? This makes no sense. There are entire degrees devoted to working in government, like public policy. 90% of Flintoids (or more) have worked in the private sector their entire careers... does that make them specially qualified for mayor?

Non sequitur thinking.

Just because Walling hasn't "run a business" doesn't mean he hasn't worked. And heck, if anything, running a business is what set The DON afoul of election laws, it's what's getting him sued by the Police, it's what got him sued by the Journal carrier, etc. etc. He ran it like his own personal property. I don't care if *he* paid *Flint* to hold that job, he'll never be worth it. He can only mean further heartbreak for Flint.

PS - Hi Andi, like your kitty!
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: