FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Need your yard spruced? Call the Mayor.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

The full court press is on.... the Mayor had the parks department, the Sheriff detail and his campaign trucks cleaning yards around the Newell and Hamilton area. Christ Fellowship Church is right there (whose pastor just happens to be a big supporter of the Mayor).

Anyone else think that using city dollars/workers to do individuals yard work (between the sidewalk and the house) is an improper use of our tax dollars? Call your County Commissioner and ask why the Sheriff has his work detail (the inmates) doing campaign work for the Mayor.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Nothing better to do than follow people around, Josh?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

For crying out loud Dave, quit looking at everything through Williamson colored glasses! It's nauseating!
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:51 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I've got alot of time on my hands. It's really more of a hobby.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
For crying out loud Dave, quit looking at everything through Williamson colored glasses! It's nauseating!

As opposed to Walling colored glasses?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

damn josh, you got a hobby??
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:09 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Josh Freeman is just mad he got his Asss kicked when he lost his re election campaign.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:14 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Josh, our taxpayer dollars pay room and board for the inmates so yes I support putting them to work doing community service. Supervised, of course, so they don't forget to return to home base. We also need more neighborhood volunteers to help keep litter picked up and mowing and trimming done. Abandoned and neglected properties in neighborhoods reduce the value of our own homes. If it takes a sheriff detail to get it cleaned up, great! If you saw it why didn't you join them? (Oh yeah, the sign! :l0l: ) I wouldn't care if it was a Williamson or Walling sign, more power to them and good for us! The city also needs to get dead trees around the city removed but the sheriff's work detail probably can't do that for liability reasons. Laughing
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:02 pm 
mousefrost
F L I N T O I D

You're right, your tax dollars do pay their room and board. But did you know that the City of Flint also pays the Sheriff to use them on top of your tax dollars? Plus Bob Cook gets huge checks from the City every week to go get the inmates lunch like Subway, pizza, etc. So, actually the tax payers are being double dipped.

As far as Josh having too much time on his hands, you really should listen to what he has to say. The only reason he is gone is because he didn't kiss butt and so the Mayor bought his position for someone who would. The mayor didn't like having Josh around because he was too smart and knew too much and was verbal about it.

Until you've been around City Hall yourself, you should watch you say.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mousefrost schreef:
You're right, your tax dollars do pay their room and board. But did you know that the City of Flint also pays the Sheriff to use them on top of your tax dollars? Plus Bob Cook gets huge checks from the City every week to go get the inmates lunch like Subway, pizza, etc. So, actually the tax payers are being double dipped. * * * Until you've been around City Hall yourself, you should watch you say.
Checks from the City are payable to whom? Don't see any to Bob Cook. Sheriff Department, none there for them, would it be Genesee County Treasurer, and if so which ones and for how much?

http://www.cityofflint.com/CheckLookup/Checks.asp

"Watch what you say?" This is an open, public forum. Although I think mudslinging goes too far what appears here seems to have passed by the moderators. What are you suggesting?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:54 pm 
last time here

did mole change his name??? Embarassed Embarassed

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:26 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Some people just don't have anything better to do with there time, sounds like another Kate Fields.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:29 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

If you search for 'Robert Cook' you come up with several checks for Cookie.... He is nothing more than a glorified pizza delivery boy... $75,000/year to be a "Parks Director"... great use of tax dollars... Can't even get the garbage cans emptied in the park at the end of my street.....
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:34 am 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
did mole change his name??? Embarassed Embarassed

Nope, I'm right here.

It should also be pointed out that the Sheriff's detail did work in the police department as well helping clean out offices while they got new carpeting. Inmates were allowed into every office of the Police Department, including the Chief, the detectives and internal affairs. Everything from file cabinets to computers were moved by inmates with very little supervision. All of this was done at the direction of Mr. Peggy Cook.

But, we won't have to worry about that anymore since he is reported to be down south with his wife while she is hiding from the taxpayers she is still collecting a check from.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:59 am 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

More Sour Grapes!

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
If you search for 'Robert Cook' you come up with several checks for Cookie.... He is nothing more than a glorified pizza delivery boy... $75,000/year to be a "Parks Director"... great use of tax dollars... Can't even get the garbage cans emptied in the park at the end of my street.....
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:26 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: