FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger

Topic: New lawsuits against Mayor Don? Listen to tomorrow!! 8am

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a quick note to let you know.

Tomorrow morning between 8am and 9am I will interview the lead attorney for the plaintiffs involving four new lawsuits filed against the City of Flint and Mayor Don Williamson in Federal Court.

This is an exclusive interview and I invite you to listen to Super Talk 1570 tomorrow for more details.

John Roman

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Didn't get up in time to listen, but.............. I'd question the timing of the filing. Did they wait until just before the election for a reason???

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint police officers sue city, mayorSuits allege reverse discrimination
By Josh DeVine
FLINT (WJRT) - (10/25/07)--Allegations of reverse racial discrimination in the Flint Police Department have led to a series of lawsuits filed on behalf of white employees.

If a jury agrees, it could cost the city and its mayor quite a lot.

As his bid for re-election continues to heat up, Flint's mayor now faces another battle.

This one is legal, and one more than two dozen officers are prepared to fight.

"If that's the approach Don Williamson wants to take, so be it. We are ready for a struggle," said Glen Lenhoff, the lawyer filing the suits.

A single legal team will file four lawsuits against the city of Flint and Mayor Don Williamson on behalf of 27 Flint police captains, lieutenants, sergeants and patrol personnel. The suits allege reverse discrimination.

On Thursday, the lead attorney in the case aired his allegations.

The accusations against this city and Williamson made for a lively "Roman on the Radio" show.

"Late Tuesday afternoon, two lawsuits have been filed against the city of Flint and Mayor Don Williamson," announced John Roman.

The suits center around 27 white officers, four black inspectors and a single decision.

"Mayor Williamson established a bureau of five officers called the Citizens Services Bureau," Lenhoff said. "These positions were not posted. There was no testing procedure."

The mayor established the bureau last December to improve the relationship between the community and police, but the attorney for the white employees said the selection of four black inspectors wasn't fair.

"I also think it's abominable when a white person suffers racial discrimination. There should be no double standard," charged Lenhoff.

The timing may seem suspect. In just over a week, voters will decide between Williamson and Dayne Walling in the race for the city's top job.

"Why wait up until 10 days before the election to file your actions?" asked Roman while on the air.

"The timing of this lawsuit was not any kind of election ploy," Lenhoff responded.

The officers want either cash or changes in the department.

"We feel we have right here, and the United States Constitution behind us," Lenhoff said.

Williamson referred us to the city attorney. She had no comment. The city hasn't seen the lawsuit yet, and has 21 days to respond in court once it does.

The lead attorney told us he expects to file suits on behalf of the sergeants and patrolmen within the next 10 days.

Lenhoff says he had the option of pursuing the case in either federal or state court.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=5717937

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Flint police officers sue city, mayorSuits allege reverse discrimination

"Why wait up until 10 days before the election to file your actions?" asked Roman while on the air.

"The timing of this lawsuit was not any kind of election ploy," Lenhoff responded.

The BS meter just pegged.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: