FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayoral Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Will The Don actually show up?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
yaryrret schreef:
Dayne Walling is on 1420 am radio now 8 am to 9 am 10/27/07
call in your questions to WFLT 239-5733

So I can hear him tell everyone he "has a plan for that", and not give any details? Already been there & done that.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
yaryrret schreef:

So I can hear him tell everyone he "has a plan for that", and not give any details? Already been there & done that.

No so you and others can ask him hard questions.
Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:20 am 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
yaryrret schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
yaryrret schreef:

No so you and others can ask him hard questions.

Walling is not answering the hard questions
Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:32 am 
last time here

i am sooooooooo tired of every wanna be
politician using the term "i have a comprehensive plan".
wheres my pepto bismol!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:17 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Hoping that my answers show up in blue fonts and quotes from Yaryett remain in black. RAP

Each candidate should be asked how they will work with the school system to keep kids in school.

Interesting… this is the most valid subject to our city. City Officials should work with Flint- BOE to encourage enrollment and increase future home owners.

City of Flint has no jurisdiction in FCS ..would take to seperate bodies willing to work together.

Choke*^@# cough! My badd choice of words I should have said schools districts are autonomous. RAP

There is no real jurisdictional boundry when public "Goods" are involved, only budget constraints, risk, and where power can be exercised.

The schools are in Flint, Flint has a police department charged with enforcing federal, state laws and local ordaninces IN the Flint Public schools. Is that why when Flint School Board wanted to change policy to no longer allow the Police Liason Officer to carry a loaded weapon on School property Interim Chief Gary Hagler had to approach the SCHOOL BOARD with arguments as to why it was beneficial to maintain the current policy? RAP
The City of Flint has a public saftey jurisdiction in the Flint Schools. To say that City Officals should not be concerned with the education of our children is incorrect.
[color=#]That is not what I Said!! I said” Interesting, this is the most valid subject to our city. City Officials should work with Flint- BOE to encourage enrollment and increase future home owners.” RAP [/color]Children dropping out of school to live a low income crime ridden life as their numbers increase impacts everyperson in flint. AGREED, as I have said before 90% of those incarcerated in GC Jail have NO High School Diploma.

If Public saftey or lack thereof has an impact on a childs staying in school then the City of Flint police department, [the Flint Board of educations does not have police],is important to the quality of education in the Flint school system.

I agree with that fact…the loss of enrollment in FCS has a direct correlation with parent’s perception that Flint Schools are not safe.
Flint School’s reaction has been to limit parents in the buildings. Some parents have been volatile in support of their children but the majority of parents would be good eyes and ears in the buildings.
Fed policy NCLB…Safe School Choice…if a school is Persistantly Dangerous a parent can transfer their child. I believe many incidents have not been reported unless it was mandatory to report and there were witnesses. RAP
To say Flint municipal government has no role flys in the face of basic doctrines and paridigms, in public admisistration.
1.negative spill overs, bad neighborhoods surrounding schools. Agreed, that is why I have long advocated signs to be posted informing of Safe School Zones. Guns or drugs within certain proximity in or around schools or even at bus stops come under this law which provides stronger prosecution guidelines.
2.marginal costs,saftey delivery is cheaper if you already have a police force. [color=#] Chuckle…I even found grant funding which was allocated for posting Safe School Zone signs. Still can’t get them posted. I approached this issue at a meeting where asst. City Att, Interim Police Chief and many others including the Sheriff were present.
Following this meeting I happened to run into Off. Tanya Ross (then Resource officer) in the waiting room of a prominent lawyer’s office. Had quite a long discussion in full hearing of the secretarial staff in regards to wording on Safe School Zone Signage, and why Tanya was too busy to look up the required wording on the signage. Was assured this would be done as soon as possible.
[/color]3. fundamentally every thing a jurisdiction does to deliver a public good[education] is related negatively or positively to every public good sought to be delivered by intertwined or adjacent political jurisdictions attempts to deliver public goods[public saftey]

Bottom line I do not agree with you.
Bottom line…. school districts are autonomous. I have spoken at both City Council and at Flint School Board meetings to encourage these two bodies to work together especially in regards to City parks next to Schools. Note: the Guns found by children in parks next to schools. Have yet to get these two separate bodies to work together for a common cause. Ted may have a copy of the tape when I approached City Council on this issue. S. Payton will have the tapes when the Community Relations Committee of the Flint School Board was approached in regards gang graffiti and the young man arrested in possession of a gun, drugs and spray paint on City Park property adjacent to an Elementary School. In fact, pictures were shown of fires started on a shared wall of park property and an Elementary School building.
So Yes, Yarret I agree with You.
Truth is…Public goods and services that are very much intertwined have usually ended up in finger pointing and no actions by either the FBOE or Flint City.

Peace,
RAP[color=#][/color]

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Rap I agree with you, I nominate you to run for FCS board of ed.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

My goodness, that was boring. Mr. Williamson really let me down. I was expecting to see the gloves come off.

He must have some really good coaches...that he's finally listening to.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

WOW! What a joke. The Don never answered any of the questions he was asked. They probably had an ambulance waiting for him off camera to tend to his dislocated shoulder from patting himself on the back all night. Sheesh, what does Tammy Faye Baker, err, I mean Patsy Lou giving money away have to do with The Don hiring all his cronies kids and wasting away all the taxpayers money with frivoulous lawsuits generated by his tyrannical dictatorship. Just goes to show that he can't answer a question if the answer hasn't been researched by one of his cronies ahead of time.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:39 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What's the difference between Don hiring cronies and Dane hiring cronies?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

And how many times is The Don going to take credit for digging us out of that $28 million deficit before someone calls him out on it? Does anyone remember Ed Kurtz?
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:22 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
And how many times is The Don going to take credit for digging us out of that $28 million deficit before someone calls him out on it? Does anyone remember Ed Kurtz?

Actually the credit goes to no one. When Ed Kurtz left office we still had about $8 million in debt. What Don did was sell debt reduction bonds through the State. Essentially, we still have the debt. We're just making payments now.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
FlintConservative schreef:

Actually the credit goes to no one. When Ed Kurtz left office we still had about $8 million in debt. What Don did was sell debt reduction bonds through the State. Essentially, we still have the debt. We're just making payments now.

$28 million down to $8 million is quite an accomplishment...one that was accomplished by Mr. Kurtz, not Mr. Williamson.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 am 
last time here

well.....i think don handily won the debate. walling said quite
a lot of nothing, like most politicians. that "smiling for the camera"
routine wore off real quick. don used one of reagans quotes" i
won't hold his inexperience against him" a couple times. i also
liked when don likened being mayor to a new marriage..that was
pretty funny. don hands down!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:42 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Don won handily??? I thought you had to answer an actual question that was asked of you to win. Maybe all you have to do is talk about farmers milking cows and harvesting crops and then getting cleaned up to go to a wedding. Or maybe when asked about crime downtown you can talk about helping the seniors with their Consumers Power bills. In retrospect....maybe your right. Maybe he did win.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

We are talking about the citizens of Flint. Most of them see things thru rose colored glasses. "Things are not REALLY that bad now metality!"
You see an old lady getting mugged by some guy on the street? We'll just turn away and pretend we didnt see it.
Most of citizens of Flint are of the belief that "if we see something wrong, we'll just close our door and steel bar enforced windows and hopefully the problem will go away.
These people could get car jacked on election day, still walk to the election booth and pull the knob to RE-ELECT DONALD WILLIAMSON and walk home happy.
"Is that my 84 LeSabre that just drove by?"

Last edited by Al Garcia on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: