FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Top Ten Lists
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Worst Cities for Job Growth

By Mary Lorenz, CareerBuilder.com writer

According to Forbes, the following metro areas are top 10 places where U.S. job growth is smallest. If you are looking for and are having trouble finding work in one of these places, it may be that the supply of job candidates outnumbers the demand for workers.

New Orleans, La.

San Jose, Calif.

Hickory, N.C.

San Francisco, Calif.

Detroit, Mich.

Cambridge, Mass.

Flint, Mich.

Binghamton, N.Y.

Canton, Ohio

Dayton, Ohio

(edited for length)

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/careeradvice/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1167&SiteId=cbmsnhm41167&sc_extcmp=JS_1167_hotmail1&GT1=10466&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=ccc886530dfb4b0f8ae91cc9e0b4b428-246548982-VC-4
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Flint makes top ten most liberal cities:

1 Detroit Michigan
2 Gary Indiana
3 Berkeley California
4 District of Columbia
5 Oakland California
6 Inglewood California
7 Newark New Jersey
8 Cambridge Massachusetts
9 San Francisco California
10 Flint Michigan

http://votingresearch.org/USAstudynationalrelease.pdf
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 pm 
last time here

what do y'all expect in an auto town when the auto companies
"offshore" and destroy the middle class.....duhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
what do y'all expect in an auto town when the auto companies
"offshore" and destroy the middle class.....duhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

what do y'all expect when a high school graduate's total compensation package is $100,000+?
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um, two Michigan cities on the list noted to be liberal?! How in the world do they define liberal? Liberally? I am a liberal on certain social issues and when I talk about some things there are crickets chirping in the background due to my views......oy.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

. A conservative is out for a sunday drive and they pass by a neighborhood with some very nice homes. He turns to his kids and says "see those beautiful homes if you stay in school, apply yourself get good grades dont do drugs or fall for the MTV culture you can have a nice home like that. It just so happens a Liberal Dem was crusin the same neighborhood and he turns to his kids and says see those beautiful homes it just aint fair that someone should have such nice things they probably stole their money from some poor folks and they are for sure them damn republicans. Now you kids need to remember that if life dont treat you fair and give you everything you heart desires its the fault of folks like that so make sure you always vote democrat for they will find a way to take from these evil rich succesful people and give some to you that way you can screw up in school, lay around on your lazy ass, Knock up a couple of your gal friends or if you are female get knocked up by half a dozen bangers and not worry about that pesky child support cause those Dems running things will take care of you Housing, Food, daycare you name it. And of course if you choose to make your mind fuzzy with your drug of choice not to worry cause the Demcrat party will provide for you. Laughing Laughing Laughing And thats all I have to say about that. Not really
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:51 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TT, you're an Independent aren't you?! <running and ducking>

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Um, two Michigan cities on the list noted to be liberal?! How in the world do they define liberal? Liberally? I am a liberal on certain social issues and when I talk about some things there are crickets chirping in the background due to my views......oy.

Actually, I thought the term liberal was a little misleading. They did the list based solely on voting records: Democrat vs Republican. It really should have been the Top 10 "Democrat" Cities.

Also, as I recall, it was only cities greater than 100,000 population. (Obviously, Ann Arbor is more liberal than Detroit or Flint)
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
TT, you're an Independent aren't you?! <running and ducking>

An excellent tactic to be sure when you are expecting INCOMING even old Forrest there learned that in a hurry.
quote:
Actually, I thought the term liberal was a little misleading

Perhaps leftist would have been more appropriate. Laughing
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:59 pm 
last time here

what is all this liberal versus conservative crap?, and what
is the problem with a highschool grad's retirement package?
jealous? shoulda took your pencil pushin butt in the shop or
the skilled trades......... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:08 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy FC

I should have written "sarcasm" somewhere in there I think......?

This area is really confusing, especially when they put the term "liberal" to it. When I mean confusing, I am not kidding. We have a major city in the county, you drive 10 miles out of the said city and the chances of a bull stopping traffic can happen.

With the rural and urban "sets" colliding in that manner this area is well, um, different. When Dave Robertson comes to my door my husband and I usually keep him for a half an hour and I am the one that grills him and hubby and him roll their eyes. We even touched on theology........muwhahahaha.

This long diatribe was going somewhere!!!

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:50 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Two Tap,

I have a hard time believing that you are a leftist, you listen and debate too nicely.............<running and ducking>.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:51 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Okay, Last Time Here

I will only say this once, so listen!!! Wink Dont' you know that everything HAS to be labeled in life? For instance, me.......I am a Mom, well what kind of mom? Stay at home? Kinda. Working mom? Kinda. What kind of political views? Demoncrat? Kinda. Repugnican? Kinda.

Come on!!! Choose a label and find yourself!!! Otherwise you are destined to suck your thumb and curl up into a fetal position and rock your self to sleep while sitting in a corner!! Wink

That's what the liberal and conservative stuff is all about!! If you don't choose sides, well ya don't matter!!! Capiche? Smile Smile Smile[/u]

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:57 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

listen up you I aint no limpwristed liberal, never was never will be now drop and give me 50. Laughing
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:52 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
what is all this liberal versus conservative crap?, and what
is the problem with a highschool grad's retirement package?
jealous? shoulda took your pencil pushin butt in the shop or
the skilled trades......... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not jealous at all. It's the union guys that play the class warfare card. I'm just a capitalist. Tell me...what makes a person with no skills and no education worth $100k when, obviously, people line up to do the work for much, much less?

(Never wanted to work in the factory, and quite glad. They done rode that gravy train outta town!)
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:21 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: