FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: who will win and why??
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

i believe williamson will endure the election.
i think mr. walling is indeed smart and connected. i also believe
he is in danger of being considered weak and inexperienced because of
his appearance of cowtowing to various sects within the flint community,
and the citizens are tired of the same old stuff. williamson, despite
what some perceive an "interesting" past is a blast of fresh air. he
answers to no one. he appears to do his job which basically is to provide
services for the citizens of flint, and he constantly states it. some may
consider him somewhat racist, even mean. i can see why some would
think that but i am also well rounded enough to understand he wasn't
hired to be a social butterfly. he was created by his life experience just
like the rest of us were. he is who he is and he does his job. thats all
i care about. what say you? Cool Cool Confused Confused Razz Razz Cool Cool

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:04 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

To me, Walling represents the Democratic Party establishment. The good ol' boys power network. I've heard him speak; talks a lot, says nothing. Has a "plan" for everything, but no specific details available. I have the impression the Mayor's job is just a stepping stone to Lansing and/or Washington.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

If Williamson wins, it will totally destroy my faith in mankind. The bullying, the total disregard for the law, the hiring of friends/family members for political gain, etc.

On the other hand, it certainly won't be the first time my faith in mankind has been totally destroyed.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:00 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
To me, Walling represents the Democratic Party establishment. The good ol' boys power network. I've heard him speak; talks a lot, says nothing. Has a "plan" for everything, but no specific details available. I have the impression the Mayor's job is just a stepping stone to Lansing and/or Washington.

I'm a paleo-conservative Republican and I believe laws, charters ordinances and constitutions should be followed our changed. In our case I think our charter should actually follow the Flint city charter for once. I think we should have a master plan. I think that master plan should be followed. Some of these things you've heard Dayne talk about may not work but at least he does have a plan and supports having a master plan as required by the charter and not just lets pave some streets and open the jail after 3 years.

What details do you want? I've heard him offer details for crime reduction, and economic development. He also talked about continuing and improving our streets.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:24 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

What details do you want? I've heard him offer details for crime reduction, and economic development. He also talked about continuing and improving our streets.

I asked him if his "Neighborhood Action Teams" would have members from the neighborhoods, & didn't get a definite answer either way. If nobody from the neighborhood is involved, how will the "teams" know what's needed? If the "teams" are all city employees, what will the hiring criteria be? Where will the money come from to pay them? We can get action on problems now by calling the appropriate department. The times I've called, if I called the wrong place, I was immediately and politely switched to the correct place.

He advocates going back to 2 man police cars, and putting officers in the neighborhoods. Where will the money come from to train all the new officers that will be needed?

The City jail MUST stay open. The surety of being locked up is a deterrent to crime. I asked Dane what he would do, and he seemed more concerned with the possibility of an inmate suing the city than he is in keeping the jail open.

For some reason, professional politicians have trouble giving straight answers. They talk all around the subject and never give a direct answer.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I asked him if his "Neighborhood Action Teams" would have members from the neighborhoods, & didn't get a definite answer either way. If nobody from the neighborhood is involved, how will the "teams" know what's needed? If the "teams" are all city employees, what will the hiring criteria be? Where will the money come from to pay them? We can get action on problems now by calling the appropriate department. The times I've called, if I called the wrong place, I was immediately and politely switched to the correct place.

He advocates going back to 2 man police cars, and putting officers in the neighborhoods. Where will the money come from to train all the new officers that will be needed?

The City jail MUST stay open. The surety of being locked up is a deterrent to crime. I asked Dane what he would do, and he seemed more concerned with the possibility of an inmate suing the city than he is in keeping the jail open.

For some reason, professional politicians have trouble giving straight answers. They talk all around the subject and never give a direct answer.

Dave....

Just logically, wouldn't you think that these "neighborhood action teams" would include members from the actual neighborhoods.

As for the two man cars and COPS officers... You know that you pay a millage for Community Oriented Policing and receive no Community Oriented Policing.... they are using that millage to supplement the police budget rather than what you and I voted for. The money is there to implement these programs... the department is not being administered properly. Poor Leadership.

I agree that the City Jail has had a positive impact for the City of Flint. The problem is funding it. If you were to look at the budget that the Mayor presented, any one of the budgets that he presented, by his own admission, the impound lot falls short this year by nearly 1/2 million dollars of funding the jail. It will be even worse next year when all of these temporary workers are no longer temps. It will be a tremendous drain on the finances of the City. Simply, the City of Flint which has experienced several years of declining revenue cannot operate that jail and still provide a level of services to the residents that address quality of life issues.

Dave it is easy to slam a proposal, but you would be more effective if you actually did some homework into the reality of the situation. Look at the budget. See where the money is going. Make an informed argument.

Dayne has said some things that I don't agree with, but I still think that he offers the best chance of moving the City in a positive direction. The current Mayor has a record to run on. You can see how he operates. In my opinion he is bad for the long term viability of the City.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

To me, Walling represents the Democratic Party Establishment. he's endorsed by the County & State Parties. They feel "entitled" to the office simply because they've controlled politics in Flint for years. The good ol' boys establishment only cares about being in power, and that's all. They had their chance & blew it.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:37 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Don Williamson only cares about Don Williamson and being in power. If you think he cares about you, me, or anyone in Flint you are sadly mistaken. If he cave a rats behind about this city he would have his wife's dealership(s) here, he would have a factory here, etc. This is just another way for him to flex his mafioso muscle and provide additional connections.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
williamson, despite
what some perceive an "interesting" past is a blast of fresh air. he
answers to no one.

If you think a politian answering to no one is "a blast of fresh air," I'd hate to be your nose and hope election officials won't let Williamson & Co. register it to vote. Williamson answers to the citizens of Flint.

Democracy matters

http://69.73.139.27/~jpublicd/view_video.php?viewkey=c2f636f067f89cc14862

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:24 pm 
last time here

uhhhh D, read the sentence AFTER the one you referred to.....
Laughing

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:14 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you Dave, Dayne walling is a narcissistic person. He only cares about Dayne walling. Dayne doesn't even have a job, he has only been in flint less than a year.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
To me, Walling represents the Democratic Party Establishment. he's endorsed by the County & State Parties. They feel "entitled" to the office simply because they've controlled politics in Flint for years. The good ol' boys establishment only cares about being in power, and that's all. They had their chance & blew it.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:15 pm 
last time here

the return of matt collier Crying or Very sad Laughing Crying or Very sad Cool Sad

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:20 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
I agree with you Dave, Dayne walling is a narcissistic person. He only cares about Dayne walling. Dayne doesn't even have a job, he has only been in flint less than a year.

Great...The "Narcissistic" Dayne or Dictator Don.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Has Dane ever had a real job? Real = non-government.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:51 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Don Williamson only cares about Don Williamson and being in power. If you think he cares about you, me, or anyone in Flint you are sadly mistaken.
He visits neighborhood groups, listens to complaints, and helps to solve some of their problems.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: