FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: TRUTH OR RUMOR? IS GM'S SPO WORLD HEADQUATERS MOVING SOUTH?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I have heard some talk from friends of mine who worked deep in GM's Grand Blanc SPO World Headquarters that they are moving next year. Nothing official has been said but rumors are flying amongst employee's that the lease is up, and they will move south next year.

Has anyone heard such a thing? Is there any truth to it? Is it strictly just office talk?

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

According to one of my other friends who is a GM exec he said he has also heard the talk. He mentioned a place in WARREN thats newer and has the square footage to house such a division.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

If the last of the GM work leaves this county, it may be the best thing to happen. Once people realize that you cannot have two homes, a jet ski, and a motorcycle parked next to your vette while remaining semi-literate perhaps they will move on.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You're talking about the drug dealers, right?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

No I am talking about generations of lazy GM workers, going to work, clocking in, walking out and letting 4 people work a line that the UAW had forced GM to staff with 50 people.

Flint auto workers (as a group) had the worst work ethic seen outside of forced labor camps.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, I spent 40 years in a plant (Buick), and never saw that happen.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

yeah rush, i think your view is a little skewed to say the least.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:20 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Rushmoore schreef:
If the last of the GM work leaves this county, it may be the best thing to happen. Once people realize that you cannot have two homes, a jet ski, and a motorcycle parked next to your vette while remaining semi-literate perhaps they will move on.

A lot more Americans could have these luxuries if we didn't have an income tax that we use to send interest payments to foreign countries to pay the private federal reserve interest tax. You'd be surprised how much Americans could afford with a 20-30% increase in the income we take from them to send to places like Saudi Arabia and China and also kill people and police the world while we leave our own borders relatively unguarded.

You should also take a look at state government employees. They are not struggling like the rest of Michigan's families. Although we are making some cuts in this state I don't think cuts in our state representatives $75,000 a year part time salaries are on the table. At least GM workers work a whole week.

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well, this is a loss of tax base, revenue and citizens. This will cost Genesee County Millions of dollars each year. We need to protect the jobs we have here, I wonder if Genesee County Reginal Chamber is working on this already?? The Flint Journal hasn't even reported on this yet!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:41 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

.....The Flint Journal hasn't even reported on this yet!

maybe there is nothing to report yet. as in, its an unsubstantiated rumor?

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: