FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Makes you wonder?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

As I do everytime this year, I introduce my students to maps. How to read them, how to find everything from campgrounds to state police posts on them. How to locate cities, landmarks, and roads. Well anyway....

My maps are getting raggedy (as my kids say in class). So I emailed all the representatives from the FLINT area. Being I teach in a FLINT school you would think they would reply. But NOOOOOOOOOO.. I sent them an email explaining what I am doing and what my requests were. A class set of Michigan road maps.

I marked my message urgent and requested a notification when the email was opened by the recipient.

The only one who has replied has been Rep Gonzales and Rep Roberston. They both said they would be more than happy to send the maps here to Flint Central.

Clack, Zelenko, and Gleason haven't even opened my emails yet.

Makes you wonder !!!!

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Did you write to Emerson? He would have sent some also. He does respond to email.

Rep Gonzales is a pretty good guy too. He is on top of his email and phone calls. Even has some good ideas for the house.

The only way to get Ms. Clacks attention is to attach a TV camera or Flint Journal reporter to the email. She does not respond to her constituents. You could have sent her a registered letter and you still wouldn’t have received a response. I used to think it was just because I was white. But, I can see now she just ignores anyone who takes the time to write to her. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

If you do ever receive a response. I’ll bet it’s full of excuses. Email, didn’t work, or server problem, etc. She doesn’t respond to USPS snail mail either. So don’t buy it.
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ted

I will try Emerson tomorrow. And I did receive a response back from Gleason. Seems like a genuine fellow. He said he would personally deliver the maps to my room and say a few words to my students.

I've heard only horrible things about Clack from fellow teachers who live in her district. I thought for sure she would jump on the chance to be seen and heard in a FCS.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Unfortunately, NO. Unless you've got a TV camera or a hot Journal story. I really think she takes much of her lead from Jessie (hey where's the camera) Jackson. Only doing if it get's her publicity.
BTW, I would enjoy writing about your responses by our elected officials. Only I prefer to use real names for anything I post on my website. I do not quote "online handles"

If you check out my site I have two pages that are not my writings.
http://www.cityofflint.net/machination.htm
http://www.cityofflint.net/i%27m_eating_my_yogurt!.htm
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

AAA has free maps. That is where your state rep will probably stop and pick them up on the way to Central HIGH.

If you want your building fixed call a senator, oops that only works for Valley School. If you want maps call triple A.

Clacks office had no record of your email, Zelenko's office forwarded it to them today.

The best way to contact Rep. Clack's office is to call toll free 1 (877) REP 0034. I have no idea what gives with her email. Hope that helps?

Peace
Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:01 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

WRONG, again ! AAA only gives map if you are a member. And no way in hell would they give you a classroom set. You know what a classroom is, right Rappy?

And secondly, NO email from your girl (oink) Zelenko !

Try again !

And why would I write my rep to repair bldgs in another county?

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:31 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

TEACH, Settle down!

I'll bet had you asked AAA, say a local agent. I’ll bet he'd have come up with some. Possibly even a few extra things (key chains, trash bags, etc) from AAA.

But that really wasn't the point. The point was, you took the time to contact most of the elected officials from this area. And received NO RESPONSE from most of them. The ones that did respond. Did so as we would expect. With promptness and enthusiasm.

quote:
Clacks office had no record of your email, Zelenko's office forwarded it to them today.

Clack just amazes me with the excuses. I have personally taken the time to Email (MANY TIMES), snail mail (at least three times), and even send a letter with delivery confirmation (the final time). AND NEVER RECEIVED EVEN AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT I WROTE HER!

Now if she contends that there is a problem with her Email? Which is a simple problem to look into, and solve. She doesn't even have to do the work. (She can test her own email to see if it works.) If she cannot correct her email problem within THREE YEARS!?! How then can she ever look into and help solve the “violent crime” problem in the City of Flint?

The Crime problem takes a lot more work than a PHONE CALL, to the proper dept, to get her email fixed. That's why I don't believe for a minute. That she is really looking into crime in an HONEST fashion. Really doing anything but working at it. Only going in Circles. The same as the Don is with fighting graffiti in Flint. Wasting a bunch of time showing how hard he is working at combating it. But, never going after the punks putting it up there in the first place.

I made it (late) to her first crime meeting. I was totally surprised at how everything went. People there trying to lobby for support to get grant money for after school programs, block clubs, and much more. The majority emphasis was about the "Black" community. Not the Flint Community. I was one of 5 or 6 white people even there. Three were there working for Clack. When suggestions were being made for "Helping bring down crime in Flint" It was emphasized that it was "how to bring down crime in the Black community" Silly me, thought I was going to a community meeting about crime in my community. The whole community, All of flint area, not divided by race. Just a side thought, I would love to see Mr. Neely run for her position next election. I think he’d do a lot better for Flint at the State Level than the Local Council level.
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:44 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Still wrong about AAA. I'm a member of AAA and just requested a trip tic and maps for all the states we will be driving through on our way to FL in a few days. The only reason I recieve them is because I pay a healthy fee to be a member.

At one time you could get FREE Michigan maps at the SOS office, but no more. They are the ones who guided me to the local reps.

Flint is in a sad state of exsistence ! By-the-way, the teacher whose car was ripped off from the parking lot. Well, they found it somewhere on the Eastside and they charged her 160.00 to get it out of impounded. What a crock of shit ! It was probably one of her student's parents'.

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:57 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Thank you for your request!
32 maps are on their way to your class today. Just let us know if you need anything else in the future! Good luck to you and your students!

Thank you again for contacting me. If there is anything that I can do for you or assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me at my office or at my home. At anytime. For any reason.

Sincerely,
God Bless
Representative David B. Robertson
51st District

I would be more than happy to get you maps of our state. Let me know if there are any other State publications you might want. I will be happy to deliver them in person and maybe say hello to the class if you would like.
Please let me know.
God Bless
John J. Gleason, State Representative
48th House District
Michigan House of Representatives
Michigan House of Representatives
Office: 517-373-1780
Fax: 517-373-5810

We would be happy to supply your class with 32 state maps. Please let us know when and where at Central High School you wish them to be delivered. We look forward to your reply. Thank you for emailing us with your request.

Tim Sneller
Legislative Assistant
Rep. Lee Gonzales's Office
1-800-354-6849

Lee Gonzales
State Representative
49th District
Phone: (517) 373-7515
Toll Free: (800) Flint-49
Fax: (517) 373-5817

These are the 3 emails I recieved. It doesn't say anything about AAA !

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:03 am 

Dear Flintteach,

I tried several times to call you on Tuesday about the maps you requested. Each time I called the phone was picked up and hung up. I have had conversation with Rep. Gonzales' office and he is planning on dropping the maps off to your school on Friday.

Since Rep. Gonzales is your Rep it is common legislative courtesy to allow the Rep. that represents your area to take care of thier own constituency. I have referred your case to your Rep and am confident that your needs will be taken care of as indicated on Friday.

If you should have further questions please call me at 1-800-555-8560.

Thank you,
Bette Bigsby
Chief of Staff to Representative Paula Zelenko
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:10 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Picked up and hung up? Guess I will have to check on that problem ! Being only myself and another teacher are the ones to answer the phone. By chance, which number did you dial?

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:20 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Since Rep. Gonzales is your Rep it is common legislative courtesy to allow the Rep. that represents your area to take care of thier own constituency.

By-the-way, you misspelled their !

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:23 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
flintteach schreef:
Since Rep. Gonzales is your Rep it is common legislative courtesy to allow the Rep. that represents your area to take care of thier own constituency.

Just another two cents. The AAA reference was to Rapunzels SUGGESTION that AAA would possibly be willing to donate them. I only supported that idea.

The other cent is. Flint Schools is Flint schools. The district ins't under just any ONE representative and or senator. If all were contacted all should ahve responded.
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:41 pm 
Reader

Whoa, Flintteach!
Anytime I have e-mailed Rep. Zelenko, I have received an auto-response detailing how e-mails are evaluated and responded to. She has always responded within the 3 day time frame and that is very acceptable for such busy public schedules. I do know that Rep. Zelenko works her staff both in the Lansing office and in the district. With the Legislature on a so-called "break" right now, I am certain that Rep. Zelenko has her staff in the district with her instead of in the office behind a computer just waiting for your e-mails to respond to immediately. They are very good about scheduling prompt in-person meetings with "John-Doe" citizens like you and I. They spend alot of time assisting with FIA and unemployment cases. If you have ever met her in person, you would see that she is NOT an "oink". She is very gracious and is especially generous with her time and contributions to classrooms. As a teacher, myself, she is one of the most sought after guests in our classrooms at Davison. Perhaps it was your errogance and selfishness in these postings that is your problem with Zelenko's staff. I'll bet that Rep. Zelenko doen't even know about this forum about her and furthermore, probably doesn't waste her time with this petty stuff. One more thing, If you live in Lapeer, why didn't you contact your own Rep.? You may have gotten all the maps you needed from one place.
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:46 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Teach,

When did I say I lived in Lapeer? And stop being such a DemocRAT ! And when I personally met Zelenko, she was far from gracious and the purtee adjectives you used to describe her.

And you made an error, I'm not "errogant". I'm just a lowly teacher who asked for some help from those who are supposed to represent my kids !

Where do you teach? Davison, I gander from your response? The envy of the GISD !

Remember what curiosity did to the cat? And... God don't like ugly !

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: