FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tamara Edwards in Mayor's pocket
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Tamara Edwards, who ran against "The Don" in the primary, is now working for him.

The Mole happened across some info while digging around city hall and found out Miss Edwards now has a position in Parks & Recreation, with a city paid phone. Her job title and duties are unclear at this point, but the guess is that she has taken over the vacant "lap dog" position left by Chucky.

More news as it is uncovered...
Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:14 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

Hopefully she will not sexually harass people as Chuckie did! The odds are she will not inflict pain and suffering on the intellect of everyone around her because the midget tended to piss of anyone with a room temp IQ.

I wonder how many votes this will buy him, rock on Don, you piece of shit.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:43 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

guess everyone has their price.....

some are cheaper than others.

Et tu Tamara?

I thought the walling campaign was expecting her endorsement?

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:19 am 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
I thought the walling campaign was expecting her endorsement?

Looks like Walling didn't offer her a job.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:39 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

At the city council meeting allegations were also made that former candidate David Davenport is working at the Haskel center and is taking pictures of the children there and asking for their insurance cards.

At a mayoral debates Davenport seemed obsessed with children. I also remembering him say something about jumping out of vans and picking up kids. It's unfortunate Don didn't attend the mayoral debates. If so I'm not sure he would have hired Davenport to work with children.

On another note I think we should do more than a simple background check for city employees who are going to be working with children.

At the council meeting Poplar said people should call Don Williamson if they see Davenport taking pictures of their children or asking for their insurance information. I suggested they call the police if this happens.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:44 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Legally it's okay for someone to take pictures of children, I complained and got involved in a mess about that this summer......so, with that being said, if the allegations are true that someone other than a medical provider is asking for insurance information from children, then by all means report it, as they are children and don't know any better. This could be construed as Identity theft, stalking children? Dunno!!

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:20 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy Adam,

I checked some of the court records, gosh I love to do that!! Wink

There are two Davenports, approximately in the same age range with different middle names, so it is hard to determine which one is which, BUT one of them has a couple of court cases coming up which, to me, are some big bucks. But what do I know? Smile One cannot make a determination unless someone knows his middle name.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Technically it probably is legal but I think the city of Flint should have a policy against it or use common sense.
Jackie Poplar asked the clerk to do a FOIA request on his background check.
Are you sure the court cases aren't just for bankruptcy?
Even if he passed everything if you use common sense I'm not sure he would be a good candidate to work so closely with children. If you watch or were at the mayoral debates I think people might have some concerns.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes, you can tell and sometimes you can't. I had a cousin that turned out to be a "chester" and I never would have guessed. Then I have another cousin (married into the family) that I would absolutely never leave my children around, at all. Most of the time we turn down invitations for specific family functions due to that. With 35 cousins what is one to do?!

There's a thread on here somewhere about utilizing the court records, go ahead and do a search. Should be public record.......notice I said, should be.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Looks like Davenport definitely did get hired.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/09/jobs_for_former_mayoral_candid.html

Someone should follow them around and see if they're driving new cars too.

But the Mayor's not buying votes. /sarcasm

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:41 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/09/unsuccessful_mayoral_candidate.html#more

People you could buy after 1865 are called whores, and before 1865 people you could buy were called slaves. Sounds like she was right at a debate in June when she said that the mayor was "incompetent," that he thought he was "king of the city" and that he treated people "like slaves."

It is clear he bought her, and since it is after 1865, she is a whore.
Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:18 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Rushmore, take a chill pill!!! Those comments were completely unwarranted.

Do us a favor and go dig out some BIG mittens and put duct tape around the openings and adhere them to your wrists and then try typing on the keyboard, you may make more sense. Then when you are all done typing stuff that we can understand, rip the duct tape off of your wrists to get rid of some of the knuckle hair, since your hand length and dragging of your hands match your attitude, that of a caveman.

Good luck in life. I have a feeling that you'll need it, severely.

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 pm 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

Andi, the truth can be a painful thing, and it is too bad that you are intolerant of my feelings. How dare you attack me? Are you not casting stones? My friend, I fear you have fallen into a sense of superiority that you cannot handle, I have not been purchased by anyone lately, therefore I am not a whore, and I can with good conscious by western standards of civilization look down upon one who has. This should not inspire such an attack upon me!

I had not suggested anything other than raw truth, this person chose to alter her views after accepting employment in a position that was not offered in open competition as the majority of city jobs are, she was merely given it. No chance for other applicants to have a job, no testing to determine skills, no EQUAL OPPORTUNITY for others in the community.

Perhaps you think it is a good thing for her to do this, so she can continue to help the community as she claims. Why would the city not have opened the position to the most qualified candidate if it was truly about helping the citizens?

This person said the most amazingly over-the-top things in open debates, with children present, called the Mayor any number of names, then changed her stance politically when offered a job right off the street.

Tell me again why she deserves anything BUT disdain?
Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:58 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Rushmoore, calls someone a whore, transition of time, slavery, money, good analogy...........whew. <insert sarcasm here>

Andi, notices archaic thinking patterns, gave advice as to how to thwart posting insipid sophomoric choices of verbiage

Rushmoore, retorts with the psychobabble, as noted by the use of the terms: superiority complex, concepts from the Bible, etc.

Andi NOW notes that Rushmoore has delusions of adequacy. I am suggesting the raw truth.

I can see you now, throwing the back of your hand on your forehead, saying, "I have been slighted", build a bridge and get over it. This is the main reason that politics get dirty, by people like you, calling people names, grow up. I don't care who they are or what they have done. No one deserves to be called a name in that manner...........adjust. Cause I am filled with more vitriol at the notion of quenching dirty politics whether it's in my jurisdiction or not, so go ahead and post more.

I take it your mad that someone is calling you on your distasteful wordplay.

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:46 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I think whore might be the wrong term. I would pick disgraceful.
Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:55 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: