FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Don says: "it's over"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Anybody know somebody who might have lost something that looks similar to something like this?

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:12 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Lost? If you don't personally claim it you can always return it to the source shown in the lower right corner of your scan. Frankly, I'm disappointed because I thought Walling vowed a clean campaign. If he has what it takes to move this city forward and "clean it up" he can do it without slamming his opponent.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:04 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
If he has what it takes to move this city forward and "clean it up" he can do it without slamming his opponent.

I don't see where he slammed Don... in fact he even cites the sources. It seems that Don is slamming himself by his own actions.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
last time here

negative campaigning already??

dayne needs better advisors! this ain't
gonna play well with many..
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
negative campaigning already??

dayne needs better advisors! this ain't
gonna play well with many..
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It ain't gonna play well with a LOT of people. I guess if you don't have anything positive to say you try to drag your opponent down into the mud with you.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I don't have a problem with Walling responding too the recent endorsement of the don by the local AFL-CIO council.

it does seem interesting to juxtapose the endorsement with the donald's previous AND DOCUMENTED behaviors regarding unions [most, but not all of the claims are documented].

BUT.

it calls into question the thinking and apparent conflict for the unions rather than the donald.

in effect it attacks, NOT the don, but the unions tendering the endorsement. so you may question whether THAT is effective campaigning.

of course by showing the donald in the light of NOT being a friend of the union worker it hopes to negate the union leadership endorsements, but I don't think most workers blindly follow those endorsements, especially at a local level where the office holders usually do not have influence on labor policy that might benefit workers [as opposed to national office holders]

if anything the format seems "cheesy" and contrived, the employee personnel folder etc. To me, it would seem positive if Walling came out, clearly identified [as opposed to finding the small print of who paid for the ad] and noted that while the don received these recent endorsements, the don's personal track record would indicate further consideration before a union worker vote. Then Walling needs to address why union workers, DESPITE the endorsements, DESERVES the union worker's consideration and vote.

I see nothing wrong with that message

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:29 pm 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

If you look at the bottom of the flyer, it mentions Labor Day, which means it came out before the union's endorsement.

And to remind everyone here, the AFL-CIO and it's leadership endorsed the mayor, but DOES NOT have the backing of the workers!!

Flyers have already stared circulating city hall indicating a possible recall of union management.

Sam Muma took it upon himself to endorse our convicted felon/union busting leader as a trade off for settling the recent contract.

For the record, the city employees did not ask for this new contract extension. The first we heard about it is when the union proposed it to us THE DAY BEFORE the ratification vote. We were not given the opportunity to review the changes as in previous contract talks.

This was dumped on us and many people questioned the timing. Now we know why it was presented the way it was. King Don offered what he perceived to be a buyout of the union members right before the election. This is why he considers the election to be "over".

But what he doesn't realize is that the city workers didn't ask for the contract. (yes we ratified it. We're not going to turn down more money) The other point is that not all employees live in the city.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

So far I haven't heard "The Don" bash his opponent. If this is really true, it's his best move.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:53 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
So far I haven't heard "The Don" bash his opponent. If this is really true, it's his best move.

I see Don a couple times a month at various neighborhood group meetings, and he's never even mentioned the election.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Link

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 am 
mousefrost
F L I N T O I D

Sam Muma can't afford not to endorse the Don. The Don made a new position just for Muma's wife, with no testing or qualifications, making more money than most people that are new hires. I would say the Don pretty much owns old Sammy boy.

Oh, and what about that huge raise that Sammy gave himself last year?? And yes, if you look in Mumas driveway you will see at least one vehicle with a Patsy Lou license plate on it.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: