FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: The"In My Opinion"Show-Southwestern Academy Contro

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
In My Opinion

Here we go again. More controversy in the Flint Schools, Specifically SouthWestern Academy. 2 black football players from SouthWestern Academy were charged and pleaded guilty under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act to Home invasion. This law is for men and women between the ages of 17-22. This law is used for certain crimes and admissions of guilt which will be expunged totally from their records after successful completion of imposed sentences (Second Chance). I think the news/newspapers in their frenzy to sell papers and air time, and others who's only interests are to make names for themselves and destroy human lives at any cost is reprehensible and dividing to our community. Especially in view of the standards imposed by the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act and the presiding judges decision. This community must stop letting itself be torn apart by racism, selfish acts and misguided judgements. What if these two young men had been White and sentenced under the same conditions. Would this even be an ISSUE? Probably not. What's your opinion?
Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:20 am 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

My Opinion is in the following articel.
Summary Updated article at
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=15934#15934

Terry Bankert
Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: