FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Endorsements- Where was Neeley?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Heard two rumors.

1. Sheldon Neeley would be endorsing Walling today?
2. Citizens are asking Neeley to launch a write in campaign.

So I ask... if Sheldon Neeley- third place runner launches a write -in campaign ...will the Anybody But Williamson coalition be lost?

Third rumor- Williamson will announce new police chief - Dicks Sr.
your thoughts?
Peace,
RAP

Walling gains 2 new supporters for mayoral race Dale Weighill, Norm Bryant endorse Walling Wednesday
By Josh DeVine
FLINT (WJRT) - (08/29/07)--New support could bring a new dynamic to the race for Flint's top job. Wednesday, two former candidates supported Dayne Walling in his bid to oust Mayor Don Williamson.

The big buzzword from Wednesday morning's news conference was "coalition." No one seems to doubt it will take big support for Walling to defeat Williamson in November's general election.

But Walling has picked up two key endorsements: Dale Weighill and Norm Bryant.

"There's one thing about it. David slew Goliath, because everybody was looking at the giant," Bryant said.

"And I'm going to tell you one thing: I'm putting my faith in the Lord that this city will come about with a change, but it's only because the people want it."

Both Bryant and Weighill agreed the "coalition" model was put in place during the primary campaign. If you combine the numbers for Walling, Bryant and Weighill, they'd easily beat Williamson's total.

But Wednesday morning, all three agreed it's about much more than simple numbers. The extra support will likely help Walling's fundraising and name recognition for the long haul.

"Sure, I think there's a couple things you do. One is a grassroots and that's a lot of door-to-door activity, and Dayne sure showed a proclivity for that during the primary campaign," Weighill said.

"He visited, I think, 20,000 doors. I think you also raise money."

"This is a great beginning for us," Walling said. "These candidates ran hard. They're well known in this city and to have them come out in support of me is a very, very big step forward."

Walling said this morning he's also picked up the support of former candidate Tamra Edwards and is talking with Sheldon Neeley.

We did pop into the mayor's office to seek his reaction to morning's endorsements. The official word? No comment.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:20 pm 
last time here

didn't i see neeley advertising something at rubes to pay his campaign bill?

Laughing
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:38 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

A Write in Campaign?? Come On! That will only put him in third place behind Walling...

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

To clarify my comment, if Sheldon runs he will take votes from Walling, then making Williamson the winner. I personally like Sheldon Neely, he has been a great asset to the 6th ward, but a write is never going to work!

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

A Write in Campaign?? Come On! That will only put him in third place behind Walling...

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

honestly, neeley never impressed me. well, yes he did. he
impressed me as an apprentice to scott kincaid. that does not
qualify him as a good candidate to me. i watch those council meetings
on ch.17 and quite frankly i've not been impressed. Rolling Eyes Cool
Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:48 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You gotta admit its like a circus!I know the public does have the oppurtunity to speak at council meetings but some of the things they talk about are crazy.. One lady got up and prayed during her 5 mins, and another guy talked about problems he was having with the air port noise.

quote:
last time here schreef:
honestly, neeley never impressed me. well, yes he did. he
impressed me as an apprentice to scott kincaid. that does not
qualify him as a good candidate to me. i watch those council meetings
on ch.17 and quite frankly i've not been impressed. Rolling Eyes Cool

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've learned quite a bit about some people by attending the meetings. The behavior of the council and audience while different speakers are talking can be enlightening. The camera usually focuses on whoever's talking, and you can miss quite a bit of what's going on.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yeah I agree back about 5 years ago some council members would sleep or talk to others while people were addressing the council.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I've learned quite a bit about some people by attending the meetings. The behavior of the council and audience while different speakers are talking can be enlightening. The camera usually focuses on whoever's talking, and you can miss quite a bit of what's going on.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:28 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Yeah I agree back about 5 years ago some council members would sleep or talk to others while people were addressing the council.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Do think anything has changed?

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

It has improved I believe!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

So who are you supporting Eashoo?
Whos your pick? You know Walling is going to WHALE all over da Don.

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

It has improved I believe!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, if Walling wants my vote, he better start campaigning in my neighborhood. No visits, no literature passed out for the primary. All I know about him is what I heard from someone that attended some of the debates before the primary. She told me he appeared to be very arrogant.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Charlie
F L I N T O I D

If Walling hasn't been in Carriage Town why are there so many of his signs in peoples yards? Maybe your big fence Ryan in front of your house keeps them away from your door...or they know where you live and your previous support for the Don.

As a property owner in the 6th ward i don't think Neely has been that great of a council person. He rarely attends community or neighborhood meetings even when he is invited. He needs to give up and focus on being a Councilman
Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

If Dayne Walling is arrogant, then good for him. It simply means he has much confidence in his ability. Trust me, it's hard not to become arrogant when 70% of the residents in the city are nothing but white trash and ghetto folk.

How is it that one of the poorest cities in the country, is also one of the fattest! Since I'm white, I'll pick on people of my own race...............the white trash in this town is endless. Is there ANYTHING more disgusting then seeing some fat, ugly, white trash mother driving down the street throwing a cigarette butt out the window. It seems as if I see that scene DAILY.

Maybe Dayne can start to attract some professional people back to the city..........white and black................and we can push the trash into the suburbs. Let them be somebody else's burden.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
If Dayne Walling is arrogant, then good for him. It simply means he has much confidence in his ability. Trust me, it's hard not to become arrogant when 70% of the residents in the city are nothing but white trash and ghetto folk.

How is it that one of the poorest cities in the country, is also one of the fattest! Since I'm white, I'll pick on people of my own race...............the white trash in this town is endless. Is there ANYTHING more disgusting then seeing some fat, ugly, white trash mother driving down the street throwing a cigarette butt out the window. It seems as if I see that scene DAILY.

Maybe Dayne can start to attract some professional people back to the city..........white and black................and we can push the trash into the suburbs. Let them be somebody else's burden.

And, of course, you're one of the 30%. Is "pushing the trash out" part of Walling's strategy? Will he ignore the "ghetto folk" is he's elected?

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:29 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: