FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: John boy says no more SUVs

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Edwards: Americans should sacrifice their SUVs
August 29, 2007 07:46 EDT

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) -- Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards told a labor group he would ask Americans to make a big sacrifice: their sport utility vehicles.

The former North Carolina senator told a forum by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, yesterday he thinks Americans are willing to sacrifice.

Edwards says Americans should be asked to drive more fuel efficient vehicles. He says he would ask them to give up SUVs
I wonder what girlyman will be willing to give up?[b]
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

does this guy ever think anything through?

ok, so no more SUVs. Most of the domestics automakers, but even the foreign plants are making a lot of SUV/cross-overs. You think we've lost workers now? wiat until you see that ripple go through the communities....plant workers are just the start...what about the party stores, and the other 5-6 other jobs per plant worker dependent upon them.

But of course it will be GM's fault, no doubt.

guess what else...all those boats can't be towed anymore [most cars have limited towing capacities, especially with the 4-banger powertrains he obviously favors], there goes the hunting/fishing & boating industry...how does that affect "the Great Lake State"?

Hurts the towed campers and I can't imagine if he hates SUVs how he feels about RVs..though they don't get used often.

There goes the horse trailers, U-haul trailers get dinged.....who else.

somehow those will be blamed on Bush/Cheney AND GM.

he ought to leave well enough alone. In case he wasn't around, Congress recently raised the CAFE standards including on trucks which had been excluded...thats after all where you get your "green" & energy requirements met, not the size or type of vehicle.

think it through counselor....unintended consequences. Stop pandering to whomever you are selling yourself to at that moment.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:24 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

More typical hypocrite bs.

He doesn't think I should drive an SUV but he lives in a 28,000 square foot mansion.

And I'm sure he doesn't spend any time in a limo or a private jet.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:02 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

he probably buys carbon offset credits from ALgore..I am sure he gets the Good 'ol boy, "inside the beltway" discount.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:59 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Perhaps he should also ban cows & sheep.

"It's believed 18 percent of the greenhouse effect is caused by methane."

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_176.html

"Australia's 140 million sheep and cattle are estimated to produce one seventh of the nation's total greenhouse gas emissions, whilst America's 100 million cattle also are major contributors."

http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~wolfman/Essays/Cow.html

And coal mine fires.

"Besides destruction of the affected areas, coal fires emit gases that may contribute to global warming. China's coal fires, which consume an estimated 20 – 200 million tons of coal a year, make up as much as 1 percent of the global carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_fire
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
does this guy ever think anything through? Not only that but the dumbass union guys( I am retired UAW) who suck up to clowns like him are commiting financial suicide. Oh wait union member must vote democrat. Shocked
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:33 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
does this guy ever think anything through? Not only that but the dumbass union guys( I am retired UAW) who suck up to clowns like him are commiting financial suicide. Oh wait union member must vote democrat. Shocked

do you remember when the official word went around from the ass't committeemen on "whom to vote for", they would approach each member with their lists, I preferred the guy with the football betting slips myself. I never could get that 3rd or 4th team each weekend...but it was more fun handing them the greenbacks than those dumbasses with the "official line" on whom to vote for..and when you'd ask them why this person or that person, they hadn't a clue....just expected as a dumb UAW member to follow along for solidarity forever I guess.
and I guess a number of them do, easier than researching the issues and candidates I guess, let some "higher authority" tell you what was right & wrong...don't think about it and decide for yourself. Might pull a muscle between the ears.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: