FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: MLIVE SUCKS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

OK, after 3 years of blogging on that site, far less over the past 6 to 8 months, I have finally been thrown off the site.
WHY?? Im not really sure. I had responded to someones entry, basically agreeing with them with my usual sarcastic edge. You would think that the censor dude would be used to that by now.
I guess they are fine with just the usual pillow talk from the people from Clio or something....Im not sure!
You know me....I'll get my feeling across on that site if I want...one way or another!

Anything new in the mayors race? Anyone heard from "my friend" Lee Gonzales? Whats happening on the eastside? Any regulars from this site live in the area of the ol' Sobey school? Where is Josh Freeman? Hows the market Ryan? Where is Metro Girl? Does anyone miss The Laundry Room?

LATER!

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I live close to Sobey, behind Potter off Dexter.

Not much happening on the eastside. Strangely quiet being there is an election in a couple of months.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Hey Josh....havent seen you around these parts in awhile.
How things going? Thoughts on the mayors race?
Any political plans in the future? What are you presently doing?
Four questions for you to ponder!

Later!

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 pm 
Jeanett Young
F L I N T O I D

Hey Al..glad to see you got out of the hood!
Now do you remember me or has time fogged your mind?

I drive by Sobey/Potter when I visit family....it sure has changed. Since one of my children is autistic...a Flint education is totally out of the question. Ever heard of the hallway incident? My sixth grader is doing work that we did at Flint Academy. Strong leadership is what Flint needs.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:09 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I miss the Laundry Room...a LOT.

best thing this site had going.

Where is Larry?

last I heard from him, he had signed up for an internet class, and was preparing for its rigors...then "poof" gone.

John is a nice guy and all, but no one can replace the irrepressible Larry.

good to Josh Freeman again too.

Al, I gave up on MLive a long time ago, all it became was posters slagging each other, regardless the topic. It could be "we all like cake", and they'd still be eviscerating each other.....

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:13 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jeanett Young schreef:
Hey Al..glad to see you got out of the hood!
Now do you remember me or has time fogged your mind?

I drive by Sobey/Potter when I visit family....it sure has changed. Since one of my children is autistic...a Flint education is totally out of the question. Ever heard of the hallway incident? My sixth grader is doing work that we did at Flint Academy. Strong leadership is what Flint needs.

Your last name doesnt ring a bell...but Jeanett does....was it Ranville?
Short red hair and always wore sweaters? That rings a bell.If this is Jeanett Ranville...Believe it or not, I thought of you recently. We had a major flood in April. All my old school friends pictures and scrap books got ruined, Everything got ruined and a small wallet size picture of Jeanett Ranville floated by (along with dozens of others) as I walked in knee deep water!
Finally threw it out after a quarter century.
IS THIS YOU??

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:39 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Anything new in the mayors race?

Weighill & Bryant officially endorsed Walling today.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=5616768
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 pm 
Jeanett Young
F L I N T O I D

Al, I emailed you..the sweaters are long gone...they went out when my mommy stopped buying my clothes for me. She is long gone..but if it only took me wearing a dorky sweater to bring her back..I'd do it. Not having to think about both of my parents living on the eastside has been a blessing, but I miss them everyday!

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:54 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Whats happening on the eastside?

I grew up on the east side...Davison/Franklin area. Won't even step out of my luxury sport ute over there now. Really sad....it used to be such a nice area. Of course we thought it was tough at the time. I guess everything is relative.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:25 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

I grew up on the east side...Davison/Franklin area. Won't even step out of my luxury sport ute over there now. Really sad....it used to be such a nice area. Of course we thought it was tough at the time. I guess everything is relative.

Flint Con....
Did you go to Central? Class of 85 here. I grew up on McClure Ave. between Branch and Averill by Sobey School. That once nice area has changed big time as well.
Was last there in 2005. I remember that street, always busy with kids, bikes, basketball hoops in the street, kids playing street hockey, I took my kids for a walk and I couldnt get over how quiet it was. It was summer, no one outside, shades were all drawn, several of the houses looked run down. SAD SAD SAD!!

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

Flint Con....
Did you go to Central? Class of 85 here. I grew up on McClure Ave. between Branch and Averill by Sobey School. That once nice area has changed big time as well.
Was last there in 2005. I remember that street, always busy with kids, bikes, basketball hoops in the street, kids playing street hockey, I took my kids for a walk and I couldnt get over how quiet it was. It was summer, no one outside, shades were all drawn, several of the houses looked run down. SAD SAD SAD!!

at least you & your kids could walk down it, unmolested.

some streets you'd be chased down them by the hoes, drug dealers and thugs.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:05 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Flint Con....

Started at Central...parents moved to Swartz Creek my sophomore year. Class of 77. I grew up on Belle between Lewis & Franklin. Went to Homedale, Lowell, then Central (for about 3 months was all). I went through Homedale right before they closed it...brought back a lot of memories. The principal at Homedale told me that less than 1/3 of the kids that started school there each fall finished the year in that same building. Makes it kinda hard to get settled in and learn anything. (Or teach much for that matter!)
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:47 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Flint Con....

Started at Central...parents moved to Swartz Creek my sophomore year. Class of 77. I grew up on Belle between Lewis & Franklin. Went to Homedale, Lowell, then Central (for about 3 months was all). I went through Homedale right before they closed it...brought back a lot of memories. The principal at Homedale told me that less than 1/3 of the kids that started school there each fall finished the year in that same building. Makes it kinda hard to get settled in and learn anything. (Or teach much for that matter!)

Did you know a guy by the name of Brian Porter? I think he graduated from Central around 76 or 77 and also grew up in the Davison/Franklin area.
Talk about a small world, I had met him several times as the principal at my daughters school here in Maine. Come to find out, we both went to Central just 7 or 8 years apart.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:19 pm 
ThaMaestro
F L I N T O I D

[quote="FlintConservative"]
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
The principal at Homedale told me that less than 1/3 of the kids that started school there each fall finished the year in that same building. Makes it kinda hard to get settled in and learn anything. (Or teach much for that matter!)

Wow! That is crazy. The Flint school system needs a lot of help. Didn't realize it as I was coming up through it (Manley, Whittier, and Central C/O '97), but as i have been exposed to several other schools and districts since, I feel I was robbed as a child.

I'm hoping with some of the new leadership in place there will be some positive changes for the district, but my kids will never attened them in the shape they are in.

Al Garcia: I've followed your post on here and Mlive for a few years. I've always wondered if you knew that you are part of the problem with Flint? You and so many others gave up o Flint. Just think if you and the thousands of other quality citizens stayed in Flint and fought and kept our city a good decent city instead of running away and not caring. Then you continue to spread the negativity about your hometown that the rest of the world knows us for.

If it wasn't for people who fled the city instead of fighting with the rest of us then this city wouldn't have lost hope and gone down the tubes as it has.

I'm pretty optimistic about the future pf Flint and hope to see the day when it is teh flint that my Grandfather used to tell me about.

Al, I don't really mean this as a personal attack on you, but it's been frustrating reading your post over the last few years.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:26 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Did you know a guy by the name of Brian Porter? I think he graduated from Central around 76 or 77 and also grew up in the Davison/Franklin area.
Talk about a small world, I had met him several times as the principal at my daughters school here in Maine. Come to find out, we both went to Central just 7 or 8 years apart.

I remember a Mike Porter from Lowell (don't know where he lived)...don't know Brian.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:52 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: