FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ex-administrator Julius Anthony convicted

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/08/exadministrator_julius_anthony.html

Ex-administrator Julius Anthony convicted of molestation
Posted by James L. Smith August 17, 2007 17:39PM
Categories: Breaking News, Courts, Crime, Flint, K-12 Education

ATLANTA -- A Fulton County jury convicted former Flint School District administrator Julius Anthony of child molestation charges Friday.

Shortly after 4 p.m. jurors reported they were split 6-6 on the case, but Judge John J. Goger asked jurors to continue deliberations and see if they could resolve their differences.

At 5 p.m. they did, with the guilty verdict, court officials said.

Sentencing will be at a future date, said Lyn Vaughn, director of public relations for the Fulton County District Attorney's office.

A 2000 guilty plea to lesser charges in that case was reversed by a judge earlier this year because Anthony was not in court and never signed the court documents, a judge ruled.

The two-day trial ended Thursday evening.

The case is significant locally because Anthony resigned from his position as the school district's executive director of curriculum and instructional services when the Georgia conviction came to light.

Anthony's arrest in Genesee County on charges he failed to register as a sex offender caused a minor firestorm after he was led into court in shackles after voluntarily surrendering.

The Genesee County charges were dropped after the judge's ruling reversed his earlier conviction.
Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:31 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

wow that was quick, from the time of being recharged, arraigned, tried and convicted.

Does that mean that Genesee could reinstate the charges here? Not that they would. What purpose would it serve now since he's no longer here.

Wonder if Milton will visit him in the pokey?

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:47 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
wow that was quick, from the time of being recharged, arraigned, tried and convicted.

Does that mean that Genesee could reinstate the charges here? Not that they would. What purpose would it serve now since he's no longer here.

hehehe....you said "pokey!"
Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:30 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

hehehe....you said "pokey!"

uhhhhhhhhh.....hehehe....uhhhhh......yeah

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:29 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

It isn't hehehe..it's ha ha! Finally justice.

it's ha ha on the school board that hired Milton after the debacle in Flint.

They can not say we did not warn them of Milton's lies. Of his bad judge of character on the buddy he chose to run the district behind the scenes.

The story will still unfold .... on the man behind the curtain.

The school book deals, misappropiated funds..watch and see. Miton got rid of Robert Allen to cover up finance problems he did not want told.

He also tried to give the boot to other dept. heads that could whistleblow.

Good riddance carpetbaggers.

Peace,
RAP

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:
It isn't hehehe..it's ha ha! Finally justice.

it's ha ha on the school board that hired Milton after the debacle in Flint.

They can not say we did not warn them of Milton's lies. Of his bad judge of character on the buddy he chose to run the district behind the scenes.

The story will still unfold .... on the man behind the curtain.

The school book deals, misappropiated funds..watch and see. Miton got rid of Robert Allen to cover up finance problems he did not want told.

He also tried to give the boot to other dept. heads that could whistleblow.

Good riddance carpetbaggers.

Peace,
RAP

I've kind of been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I realize it would take the new incoming board members, along with Ms Perry to have the will and motivation to investigate just what happened and why. Thus I was disappointed to hear Robb-Martin was given the treasury position.

With Ms Robb-Martin appointed to the treasuerer position, I am not certain SHE would want an active investigation since all this occurred on her watch AND she was co-opted by Milton with at least a school provided cell-phone perk which she abused. I can not imagine she stands for a vigorous examination of the recent past. Also, why I agree, it was disquieting to see Mr. Allen leave, are we still not left with the Milton/outside financial firm in place? Do you think they would welcome an investigation that might reveal how they carried the water for Milton in order to misappropriate government funds? I think the school system needs an outside, independent, forensic audit. Maybe from the state.

Still it would be nice to HEAR that the school board is examing/auditing its recent financial practices & procedures to determine what loopholes in their polocoes & procedures need to be closed so it can not happen again.

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:40 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: