FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 6 weeks to fix a water main break?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

"The city says this water main is considered a low priority, but it is working to fix it."

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4002833

Flint - (03/17/06)--First the city of Flint changed the locks and then claimed the lease was forged. And now the owner of the Tavern on the Green at the Swartz Golf Course says they have been stalling to fix a water main break.

But that hasn't dampened Dave Donahue's St. Patrick's Day spirit. Despite having no running water, he opened his bar at high noon Friday.

Donahue says the battle he has going with the city has caused him to lose a lot of business and right now he's doing whatever it takes to keep his head above water and his business afloat.

There is no running water -- just air flowing out of the faucets at Tavern on the Green. And Donahue says when it comes to the water main that connects his water, the city has been blowing a lot of hot air his way as well.

"Allegedly it's broke," he said. "I don't know that for sure. They say they can't locate where it's broken. Six weeks would pass by and they can't find a water main break."

But that hasn't stopped Donahue, even though Flint's attorney says it's a liability for the city owned bar to open without running water.

"I've been doing this for 20 years so I know what to do," Donahue said. "You buy the bagged ice, the bottled water, the sanitizer for the hands and the PortaPotties and that kind of stuff."

But now water is the least of Donahue's problems. He's looking at his bar's lease the city claims is forged. On top of that, the city claims his lease is up and he lost the bidding process to local bar owner Craig Hatch.

On this St. Patricks Day, Donahue is hoping the luck of the Irish is on his side as he tries to work with the city to get his bar back.

"I want to work with the mayor," HE SAID. "I want to work with the city. I don't know why this bullying is going on."

The health department said the bar was good to go Friday night. The city says this water main is considered a low priority, but it is working to fix it.

And it's still working to evict Donahue. A judge will make a final decision in April.
Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:28 pm 
rapunzel

Now I understand!!!

I was at a council meeting months ago when the city att. advised the council this was inlitigation. Forged lease.

Now I get the rest of the story...Craig Hatch one of the good ole boys.

HMMM
Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:02 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Ya if you remember all those street sweepers that the Mayor was using during his campaign... those were owned and operated by Craig Hatch... He is a "good ole boy" as you put it... Bob Cook from my understanding is the one who is refusing to move forward on fixing the water main break... I guess they couldn't screw the guy by claiming a forged lease so they are going to screw him by not giving him any water...
Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: