FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Where in the world is Lee Gonzales?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

AL Jr wrote in part..."If Lee is supporting Williamson, the people want solid reasons as to why. What has Don Williamson done to improve Flint?..."

Al, don't you really mean YOU want reasons why.

I haven't heard ANYTHING remotely representing "the people" asking Mr Gonzales whether he supports the don or not. If you start that, then we should go down the list of ALL elected officials throughout Genesee county.

Ain't going to happen, and I doubt if many of them care less who the mayor is.

So give it up, you are only interested because Mr Gonzales is Hispanic, like you.

I wonder if when he shares his "brief thoughts" with your parents, whether he will quote HIS actual vitriol filled, mean-spirited, hateful sentiments? Gosh I hope he wrote that after drinking a few too many then. I am disappointed in Mr Gonzales' handling of your post. Deserves rethinking come election time. If he gets that exercized from a post on a message board.

Hey Lee, its a lot easier to just shrug them off, ignore them and go on.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Biggie,

I say this without an ounce of sarcasm or inflammation..........

When the heck are you going to run for public office? You've got wit, wisdom, critical thinking/analytical skills, and a good intuition for the motives/agendas of others.

We need more cerebral people like yourself as leaders. Might be time for you to throw the hat in the ring and make a difference in a city/state/nation that is in desperate need of "a difference"

Rock on wit yo bad self.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:41 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

nawwww....its gotta be the shoes!!

[with apologies to Spike Lee]

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
AL Jr wrote in part..."If Lee is supporting Williamson, the people want solid reasons as to why. What has Don Williamson done to improve Flint?..."

I haven't heard ANYTHING remotely representing "the people" asking Mr Gonzales whether he supports the don or not. If you start that, then we should go down the list of ALL elected officials throughout Genesee county.

So give it up, you are only interested because Mr Gonzales is Hispanic, like you.

I wonder if when he shares his "brief thoughts" with your parents, whether he will quote HIS actual vitriol filled, mean-spirited, hateful sentiments? Gosh I hope he wrote that after drinking a few too many then. I am disappointed in Mr Gonzales' handling of your post. Deserves rethinking come election time. If he gets that exercized from a post on a message board.

I agree Biggie.
I dont believe I attacked Rep. Gonzales. Yes, I have been critical of his son as well as Dale Kildee but never once said anything negative about him.
I wasnt lying when I said his son is tucked nicely in Dandy Don's back pocket because....well, HE IS! Don and his cronies pull the strings of a majority of the city counsel. Everyone knows it!
I just think that the people Lee represents should know if Lee supports the mayor in his re-election bid as well.It has nothing to do with both of us being hispanic.
I posed the question because, yes, I was interested in knowing if he supports The Don! That question goes to Brenda Clack as well.
Youre right Biggie, it would of been easier just to shrug me off, but from what I remember of Lee, he isnt one to ignore an issue. I'm glad to see he is the first currently elected Offical to join this site (correct me if Im wrong Steve).
Yes, his response was a bit mean spirited and thats fine.
I just hope my parents dont ground me to my room for the weekend!

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Al,

next time your mom sees you she may pull your ear!

"Bad AL...go to your room!"

I think any smart policitian is going to avoid defining their position [opposed/support] of another controversial candidate. why alienate your own constituency over something that isn't necessary for you to get re-elected?

And remember, Mr Gonzales district extends beyond the city of Flint. Those people probably don't give a hoot about who Flint's mayor is. They should, as so goes Flint, goes the county mostly, but thats the way it is.

I would be very surprised if Gonzales, Clack, et al formally supported either candidate.

Of course we know we know Ehren supports the mayor. But, I give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether its for personal gain, versus he supports the mayor's policies and positions. Beside how many people really see the Gonzales' campaign signs down in front of the don's place?

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:17 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

I would be very surprised if Gonzales, Clack, et al formally supported either candidate.

Of course we know we know Ehren supports the mayor. But, I give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether its for personal gain, versus he supports the mayor's policies and positions. Beside how many people really see the Gonzales' campaign signs down in front of the don's place?

Aahhh, thanks Biggie!
Now I remember why I burnt out on Flint politics at such a young age.
I forgot most politicans in Flint are only out for personal gain.
Silly me.....you would think people would want to run for office to serve the people and to make a difference in their respective communities.
I wouldnt be surprised if Dandy Dons puppets lined up outside Peggy Cooks office waiting to have their hair done! They need to look good for the TV cameras. "HEY CATHY SAFRAN....BE SURE TO FILM ME ON MY GOOD SIDE PLEASE!"

Speaking of Peggy Cook, make sure her head stays away from an open flame. City Hall would go up faster then dry timber soaked in gasoline!

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
Biggie,

I say this without an ounce of sarcasm or inflammation..........

When the heck are you going to run for public office? You've got wit, wisdom, critical thinking/analytical skills, and a good intuition for the motives/agendas of others.

We need more cerebral people like yourself as leaders. Might be time for you to throw the hat in the ring and make a difference in a city/state/nation that is in desperate need of "a difference"

Rock on wit yo bad self.

agreed....

you too JB, would be awesome to have public servant who rocks out to Tool...

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

I agree Biggie.
I dont believe I attacked Rep. Gonzales. Yes, I have been critical of his son as well as Dale Kildee but never once said anything negative about him.
I wasnt lying when I said his son is tucked nicely in Dandy Don's back pocket because....well, HE IS! Don and his cronies pull the strings of a majority of the city counsel. Everyone knows it!
I just think that the people Lee represents should know if Lee supports the mayor in his re-election bid as well.It has nothing to do with both of us being hispanic.
I posed the question because, yes, I was interested in knowing if he supports The Don! That question goes to Brenda Clack as well.
Youre right Biggie, it would of been easier just to shrug me off, but from what I remember of Lee, he isnt one to ignore an issue. I'm glad to see he is the first currently elected Offical to join this site (correct me if Im wrong Steve).
Yes, his response was a bit mean spirited and thats fine.
I just hope my parents dont ground me to my room for the weekend!

lol...i'm sure my parents could care less and a glossed over-look would appear if anyone even tried to explain any of this to them.

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

v,
its good to see you back again.

hope all is well with you now.

your pal somewhere else on the spectrum, Wink

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:01 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Razz

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:25 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
MetroGirl schreef:
Razz

Hey sistah.......

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: