FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Where in the world is Lee Gonzales?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Just wondering what people think of Lee Gonzales? We were both once on Dale Kildee's staff, worked closely together on a couple 4th ward campaigns back in the 80's and were once good friends.
Does he worship "The Don' as much as his puppet son?
Is Lee serving the citizens of his district well? Thoughts?

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I think he's a very good rep. from the 49th, however I disagree with his friendship with Williamson. Nonetheless a great legislator, leader and excellent character for a politician.
Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
I think he's a very good rep. from the 49th, however I disagree with his friendship with Williamson. Nonetheless a great legislator, leader and excellent character for a politician.

I suppose he's all of those things...as long as you agree with him. I've sent him 3 emails over the past year...haven't received a single reply.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:50 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:

I suppose he's all of those things...as long as you agree with him. I've sent him 3 emails over the past year...haven't received a single reply.

Interesting. I've heard some people in my district contact him instead of Clack because they think he is better to work with.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:14 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Who doesn't WHORSHIP the dons cock?

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Just wondering what people think of Lee Gonzales? We were both once on Dale Kildee's staff, worked closely together on a couple 4th ward campaigns back in the 80's and were once good friends.
Does he worship "The Don' as much as his puppet son?
Is Lee serving the citizens of his district well? Thoughts?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:12 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I think that show was called, "Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?"

My kids used to watch it.

Thats where Lee is, with Carmen and Waldo.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:49 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Its funny how locally elected officals stay clear of blogging on sites like this. Im sure most check in to see whats happening. If I was an elected offical, I would be all over sites like this simply because people who are on these sites, are more aware of issues and sometimes throw out solutions that might actually be able to help.
I would challenge both Don Williamson, Dayne Walling as well as state legislators like Gonzales and Clack and Don's ward puppets elected by the citizens of Flint to become "Flintoids" and come discuss topics with people. People who might be able to help. I know that most can hide behind their "campaign websites" but lets prove their worth, talking meat and potatoes with the common folk? Whataya say?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:35 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

lol The Mayor and Dayne Walling are one in the same.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Its funny how locally elected officals stay clear of blogging on sites like this. Im sure most check in to see whats happening. If I was an elected offical, I would be all over sites like this simply because people who are on these sites, are more aware of issues and sometimes throw out solutions that might actually be able to help.
I would challenge both Don Williamson, Dayne Walling as well as state legislators like Gonzales and Clack and Don's ward puppets elected by the citizens of Flint to become "Flintoids" and come discuss topics with people. People who might be able to help. I know that most can hide behind their "campaign websites" but lets prove their worth, talking meat and potatoes with the common folk? Whataya say?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm 
leegonzales
F L I N T O I D

Such pompous, self-aggrandisement. Al (Jr.) adds to his thoughtless attack a certain mindless hatred. His talk kindles the animosity that festers in our community.

It's none of his damn business with whom I associate, whether it be a governor, a factory worker or an aspiring entrepreneur. I do not detect any genuine ideas from his commentary, nor do I wish to talk about "meat and potatoes" with a political hack.

Additionally, Mr. Garcia inflates himself and is a liar. I do not recall that he was on Dale Kildee's full-time staff. He was, I believe, a campaign volunteer. And while we did work on campaigns, he is not a "good" friend as he suggests.

I will share these brief thoughts with his parents.

Where in the world is Lee Gonzales? Here I am...

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:48 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
leegonzales schreef:
Such pompous, self-aggrandisement. Al (Jr.) adds to his thoughtless attack a certain mindless hatred. His talk kindles the animosity that festers in our community.

It's none of his damn business with whom I associate, whether it be a governor, a factory worker or an aspiring entrepreneur. I do not detect any genuine ideas from his commentary, nor do I wish to talk about "meat and potatoes" with a political hack.

Additionally, Mr. Garcia inflates himself and is a liar. I do not recall that he was on Dale Kildee's full-time staff. He was, I believe, a campaign volunteer. And while we did work on campaigns, he is not a "good" friend as he suggests.

I will share these brief thoughts with his parents.

Where in the world is Lee Gonzales? Here I am...

Lee, Its nice to see you finally join this site (as of yesterday).
I was just curious about your "relationship" with the Mayor. I was just wondering if you fit neatly in his back pocket with your son is all. I just figured with Ehren, Sandy, Joe and the pack of Pall Malls in there, there might not be enough room for you!
I never attacked you personally or professionally. I just wanted to know what the people you represent think of the job you are doing. It seems like you keep a low profile and was looking for opinions.
Another thing, I never claimed to be a full time Kildee staffer, I did serve as an intern on his staff for a year or so if I do recall, as well as putting in several hours per week working on the campaign.
But as we all know, we all made some mistakes when we were young, now didnt we?
Say hello to my parents for me when you see them...thanks!

PS...there alot of things that are "festering" in Flint, please do your part to prevent the next Benton Harbor.
One last thing....can you tell us if you DO endorse Don Williamson? Im sure those who you represent would like to know.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:33 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

This conversation might be interesting if it really were Lee Gonzales.
Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:43 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
This conversation might be interesting if it really were Lee Gonzales.

true enough. I doubt the elected Mr Gonzales has the time and inclination to be on message boards like these.

of course his name may be Lee Gonzales too, just not the state rep.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:05 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Iwould be surprised if it wasnt the "real" Lee Gonzales. He knows Im a "Junior". He is also good friends with my parents.

I have nothing but respect for Lee Gonzales and his career in public service. He has represented the hispanic community in Flint well over the past three decades and has always been a decent family man.
I just think the two people in Lansing representing Flint need to do more in helping solve the problems that Flint continues to have.
I appauld Lee for the work he has done on education, but ask the average citizen of Flint if it is enough. I bet the answer is NO! There is still a lot to be done.
If Lee is supporting Williamson, the people want solid reasons as to why. What has Don Williamson done to improve Flint? What has he done for schools? Solving the crime issue? Drugs and guns?
Williamson might have paved miles and miles of roads, but if Flint continues down the road its on now, those roads will lead to nowhere. Worst yet, the younger generation will use those roads to "get the hell out of Dodge!"

Last edited by Al Garcia on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I called Mr. Gonzales' office and verified the post.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I called Mr. Gonzales' office and verified the post.

Way to go Steve!.....checking those facts!
Man Steve....what would you do without me.
Leave it to me to stir the boiling pot!

Later friend!

P.S. Come out to Maine sometime!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: