FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Post Office jobs

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

The National Association of Letter Carriers Union are asking for support on their picket line at the Post office on Longway Blvd., anytime between 11 - 3 PM, Thursday, August 16. The postal workers face losing many jobs if the U.S. Postal Service moves the Flint Processing Center to Pontiac. It will increase our mail delivery time by several days. Lets show our support!

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:16 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if the Pontiac postal processing center was a pet project of embattled GOP Congressman Joe Knollenberg. Knollenberg's Democratic party opponent, former radio talk show host Nancy Skinner, got a lot more votes than expected in last year's election so Oakland County Democrats will have a well-funded and more familiar name for Knollenberg's opponent next year. Democratic Party contenders include Skinner and former Michigan Lottery commissioner Gary Peters.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:57 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

People in Genesee County need to call their congressman to voice their opposition to this move. We need that faculity here in Flint, and we need the jobs too!

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

You see, these are the things that Congressman Kildee should be outraged about.
Of course, the USPS wants to move the facilty. Im sure the Flint area doesnt get the quanity of mail it once did. To have this type of facility in an area that covers a greater population base is wise on their part.
Im sure if it remained in Flint, millions would be lost. Millions of your federal tax monies!
Why should Kildee do anything anyways? He knows you people will re-elect him time after time after time.
He isnt going to piss off anyone at one of the biggest federal agencies in the country.
"Just sit back Dale, don't get ruffled old boy! The jobs will leave, people will put their picketsigns away and you'll STILL get 75% come next election time! Dont worry, most of your district has a short term memory problem anyways!"

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
I wonder if the Pontiac postal processing center was a pet project of embattled GOP Congressman Joe Knollenberg. Knollenberg's Democratic party opponent, former radio talk show host Nancy Skinner, got a lot more votes than expected in last year's election so Oakland County Democrats will have a well-funded and more familiar name for Knollenberg's opponent next year. Democratic Party contenders include Skinner and former Michigan Lottery commissioner Gary Peters.

I doubt it.

Since Knollenberg is in the MINORITY party in Congress, and Kildee is in the majority party, I can't see any congressional influence being played for the benefit of a republican, especially one that by your account may be vulnerable.

In fact I would expect any congressional influence to be brought to bear, would be to move Oakland county based jobs to Genesee. That would make Knollenberg appear to be ineffective.

Unless, of course, Kildee & the Michigan democratic party is asleep at the switch. Which I kind of doubt [the latter anyway].

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:57 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
You see, these are the things that Congressman Kildee should be outraged about.
Of course, the USPS wants to move the facilty. Im sure the Flint area doesnt get the quanity of mail it once did. To have this type of facility in an area that covers a greater population base is wise on their part.
Im sure if it remained in Flint, millions would be lost. Millions of your federal tax monies!
Why should Kildee do anything anyways? He knows you people will re-elect him time after time after time.
He isnt going to piss off anyone at one of the biggest federal agencies in the country.
"Just sit back Dale, don't get ruffled old boy! The jobs will leave, people will put their picketsigns away and you'll STILL get 75% come next election time! Dont worry, most of your district has a short term memory problem anyways!"

It's going to look pretty silly when the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce golf invite is postmarked "Pontiac."

Make no mistake, aside from displacing postal workers, slower service, inequality of service (rural v. urban) and a blatant f-you to Flint from your government, no business established or starting out in Flint will have a Flint postmark. Sorry, Flint City T-Shirts, UM-Flint, the Flint Journal, Flinttoid LLC, etc.

The only waste of taxpayer money here is the 'feisibility' study exploring how ransacking Flint's postal service can help Oakland county. Period. This is not only about local postal workers, but any citizen who cares to be treated as such by their government.
Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:01 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone care about jobs in FLINT?
422 hits on this subject and 5 responses?

Birch Run has more citizens that care about closing their Sec. of State Office than anyone in the city of Flint?

I guess I should do my dishes and make out my late payments in advance.

How many attended Back on the Bricks and only a few came to protest mail going to Pontiac Post.

Lacadaisical.

Goodness, guess its time for a labatts!

Rap

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:16 am 
last time here

out of curiosity, just how many did show up?
will those workers simply get laid off?
damn shame.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:21 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: