FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Walling NewsLetter "Thank You Flint!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
countynews
F L I N T O I D

Two words.....Matt Collier.

Energetic, homegrown, educated, politically connected, young newcomer who was a one-term mayor. He did nothing as Mayor except jump start Tim Herman's political career and ruin his own political career but he did find himself a new wife.

I worked for the Don in a key position and wish Flint had a different mayor. I don't know Dayne but if he is elected, I hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Collier.

It really takes more than four years for a mayor to get a handle on everything that is going on especially someone who hasn't been internally involved. Actually the Don has accomplished quite a lot in his first term despite his poor communication skills.

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Dayne will definitely have to fight against that legacy of Matt Collier. I’ve been hearing that comparison come up a lot.

However, just because Ryan Leif was a bust doesn’t mean you pass on the next “sure thing.”

The sports analogies are endless of course.

Judge Dayne on Dayne.

I, for one, will be sick to my stomach if Flint misses out on this opportunity (and at this point- that’s all Dayne is, an unproven opportunity) But I just can’t imagine letting this opportunity pass us by. I don’t want to be a “what-if” town.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Biggie9"]
quote:
I don't disagree with you, that Walling is a more appealing candidate, a more "complete package" if you will.

hehehehe..."complete package"...sounds as if we're choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. The giant douche, of course, is a proven quantity. I'll reserve judgment on the Dayne until he proves himself one way or another.
Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: